Speculation: Jordan Binnington to Toronto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueslifer

May 23, 2024
He more than likely played the majority of the year injured. One bad year doesn't change the fact that for the first several years of the contract he was the best Dman we had. Parayko had a terrible year a little while back but yet, he's proven once again he's a defensive stud this past year. Know what they have in common? Parayko's worst year was also the year his back was injured. Faulks had a hard time pivoting this year, that's more than likely a hip injury.
hip? they said it was high ankle..but its fitting you were wrong on the injury since you were wrong about the rest of your post and him living up to the contract

blueslifer

May 23, 2024
Yes, trade your #1 Dman while you're trying to repeat as cup champs and are well on your way to doing so until one of your guys has a heart attack during a game and covid hits and shuts down the league but yea, he should have totally traded him instead of trying to win another cup. Binnington was never cut, he was under team control and infact Armstrong instead of cutting him when Binnington refused to report to a lower league, which is grounds for contract termination he kept him and went out of his way to accomodate him and find a place for him to play. It's almost like you don't know what the f*** you're talking about.
...binnington had the right to not report which would enact free agency in his contract...armstrong foolishly bluffed by demoting him and got called on it "he told the Blues that he refused to report if demoted to the ECHL. He went home to Richmond Hill, Ontario, and waited for the process to play out. "

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
hip? they said it was high ankle..but its fitting you were wrong on the injury since you were wrong about the rest of your post and him living up to the contract
I never said anything about his injury was fact, I was using the way he played as an indicator based on how guys play with injuries tend to skate to make a judgement on what I think the injury was, am I wrong? maybe. is the team lying about what the injury is like most teams do? Maybe. Are you wrong about him having a bad contract? Absolutely.

...binnington had the right to not report which would enact free agency in his contract...armstrong foolishly bluffed by demoting him and got called on it "he told the Blues that he refused to report if demoted to the ECHL. He went home to Richmond Hill, Ontario, and waited for the process to play out. "

So what you're trying to say is that Armstrong, instead of getting rid of Binnington went out of his way to accommodate him and find a place for him to play?

Reactions: Blueston

blueslifer

May 23, 2024
I never said anything about his injury was fact, I was using the way he played as an indicator based on how guys play with injuries tend to skate to make a judgement on what I think the injury was, am I wrong? maybe. is the team lying about what the injury is like most teams do? Maybe. Are you wrong about him having a bad contract? Absolutely.

So what you're trying to say is that Armstrong, instead of getting rid of Binnington went out of his way to accommodate him and find a place for him to play?
no it was just pure dumb luck...and without JB50 arm would be out of a job..too bad we couldnt have traded him for dubas last summer

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
It's strange that you keep referring to Pietrangelo signing in Vegas as if nothing happened before he put the pen to the contract. "Oh we did all that before he signed with Vegas". Well yea because he made it clear he didn't want to sign here lol. It's not that hard to understand. We brought in both Faulk and Krug because Pietrangelo is an asshole, basically.
There is an extreme level of pathos when it comes to grown men who have a special thing that they love, and they judge other men by how closely they love the same thing. And if they don't love the same thing to the same degree, these little babies call the other person an asshole. They're not very well developed.

"if they loved the city they way *I* love the city, they'd have found a way to remain, but they are complete assholes for being exposed to the city and not loving it the way I do."

Honestly this whole line of critique of Pietrangelo is projection of stuff that was forming in these men when they were 8, 9, 10 year old boys and never grew up. It's pathetic that we have to be assaulted with that inner damage regularly.

• Haha
Reactions: blueslifer

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I think it would need to be a big deal with Parayako also included, and small retention on St Louis side.

Toronto first
Nick Robertson
Tim Liljegren
Dennis Hildeby

• Haha
Reactions: Bone Density

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I think it would need to be a big deal with Parayako also included, and small retention on St Louis side.

Toronto first
Nick Robertson
Tim Liljegren
Dennis Hildeby
Lots of teams would offer more, for Binnington and Parayko and some retention.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I don't see how leafs would be able to afford both. If I were the blues would keep Binnington + Parayko.

Last edited:

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Ya, maybe swap Minten for Robertson.
That package doesn’t move the needle, at all. If you’re trading for a top pair D on a nice contract and a #1 goalie, also on a nice contact, it’s going to hurt. That package doesn’t hurt Toronto in the slightest.

Reactions: finnishflash13

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Toronto first
Nick Robertson
Tim Liljegren
Dennis Hildeby

I don’t think I’d be happy with the Blues retaining for 3 or 6 years if that were the return. That’s not factoring in the two guys you’re asking for.

There’s no need for Hildeby, Liljegren isn’t really that great, and Robertson has way too riddled of an injury history to put much stock into him.

Reactions: Budz

blueslifer

May 23, 2024

Toronto first
Nick Robertson
Tim Liljegren
Dennis Hildeby
this is such a joke of a trade, other than the 1st..theres nothing blues would want...robertson sure but hes a throw in and you just hope he rebounds...but hey we got armstrong so you never know..

but news of the day...so blues hire steen as assistant GM with the promise to be promoted in 2 years....so
1. its good arm is gone..like i said hes above average at best but
2...why do you hire someone w the guarantee of a promotion..why not just hire him as assistant gm and if he does good promote him. was there such a clamoring of teams fighting for steen to be their gm we had to give him this guarantee?

Reactions: Budz

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Over the last 5 seasons:

Binnington (247 games):
.906 SV%, 101 GA%, -3.9 GSAA

Saros (271 games):
.916 SV%, 89 GA%, 82.5 GSAA

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
This is pretty obvious. Binnington is a playoff nails goalie and Toronto needs one of those.
Binnington has a 107 GA, and a -7.5 GSAA across 41 playoff games

Even during his Cup run, he posted a subpar 103 GA, and a -2.0 GSAA

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Lots of teams would offer more, for Binnington and Parayko and some retention.
I would not give you a bag of pucks for Binnington. I saw him play against Milwaukee in the AHL and get shredded for 7 goals. When the Admirals got him moving side to side, he could not stop the snipes with his size. He was too slow. Maybe he is better now, but was awful that night.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Over the last 5 seasons:

Binnington (247 games):
.906 SV%, 101 GA%, -3.9 GSAA

Saros (271 games):
.916 SV%, 89 GA%, 82.5 GSAA

Binnington has nearly as many wins in the post season as Saros has games played and a cup to show for it.

His subpar run was still good enough to get a cup.

I would not give you a bag of pucks for Binnington. I saw him play against Milwaukee in the AHL and get shredded for 7 goals. When the Admirals got him moving side to side, he could not stop the snipes with his size. He was too slow. Maybe he is better now, but was awful that night.

So like 10 years ago? it's fine you don't want him because any reasonable Blues fan has no interest in trading him.

Reactions: JKG33 and Blueston

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That’s fine, I find goalies are voodoo, but he has led his team to a cup since then.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
This is one of the most absurd, laugh out loud posts I’ve ever read on HF.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands

Well one of our theories explains how he won the Cup and was the only real obstacle to a Colorado Cup until he was targeted out ... and the other one of our theories treats the covid playoff numbers seriously, as if five months of dead stop cold start are worthwhile bits of info for assessing whether a goalie is up for pressure.

And it turns out that it's my theory which explains what happens, but yours is puzzling. How did that guy tell Don Cherry he was going to win a Cup that night, didn't he know his own numbers?

genuinely feel bad that you can't absorb new info. that is going to hamper you generally my guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad