Speculation: Jordan Binnington to Toronto?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
If you are going to spend assets to upgrade a position like goaltending which the Leafs seem to want to do, then shoot higher than freaking Jordan Binnington.
it must suck that all the great Ranger goalies don't win it but this Blues bum did. must offend your sense of right and wrong ... or maybe you are the one discalibrated from "how to play to win the Cup" because the Blues bum knows how to do that, and he rode a little scooter at the parade

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Nice blues fanfic dumping an overpaid one year wonder to the leafs. Not happening.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
This is itself fiction, since the actual written words by Blues fans are that we want to keep him.

But ignorance advises itself
I feel bad for him rotting away behind this D so I would love to see him get a shot on a legit team. I’m jumping on that bandwagon if he ever gets traded. Would provide endless reading material if he can take another team on a deep run, especially if it were the leafs.

blueslifer

May 23, 2024
If Binnington goes to Toronto, I wouldnt be surprised if Treliving tries to get Parayko too.
yes this would be likely but then it would cost real assets...JB50 is interesting to leafs cause they might be able to get him with a bottom 5 first round pick ( leafs almost always picking 25+) and a 2nd...add parayko..blues have to retain even more salary and they dont want to part with any meaningful youth...so youre looking at probably 2 firsts and 2 2nds for parayko and binner, and blues keep a lot of salary and then take some salary dumps like Jarnkrok, kampf? thats really all leafs can throw in..

anyone talking about marner and tavares...not happening both those guys saying no to trades..so leafs options are really limited, but one fact is...they could do a lot worse than binnington...like 25 starting goalies worse...

• Haha
Reactions: STLegend

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
I feel bad for him rotting away behind this D so I would love to see him get a shot on a legit team. I’m jumping on that bandwagon if he ever gets traded. Would provide endless reading material if he can take another team on a deep run, especially if it were the leafs.
lol Toronto's D isn't any better

If Binnington goes to Toronto, I wouldnt be surprised if Treliving tries to get Parayko too.
yeah we know the Toronto narrative right now is for Treliving to acquire every active NHLer who played on the Blue 2019 Cup team. cute fanfic.

yes this would be likely but then it would cost real assets...JB50 is interesting to leafs cause they might be able to get him with a bottom 5 first round pick ( leafs almost always picking 25+) and a 2nd...add parayko..blues have to retain even more salary and they dont want to part with any meaningful youth...so youre looking at probably 2 firsts and 2 2nds for parayko and binner, and blues keep a lot of salary and then take some salary dumps like Jarnkrok, kampf? thats really all leafs can throw in..

anyone talking about marner and tavares...not happening both those guys saying no to trades..so leafs options are really limited, but one fact is...they could do a lot worse than binnington...like 25 starting goalies worse...
Blues are not trading Binnington for a late first round and a second lol

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Do you realize how monumentally dumb it would be to trade Binnington and Parayko in a deal in which you are retaining salary for just 2 years of pick 25 and 58ish?

These are two of our best players, they are signed to 3 and 7 more years. And we aren’t full unloading.

blueslifer

May 23, 2024

yeah we know the Toronto narrative right now is for Treliving to acquire every active NHLer who played on the Blue 2019 Cup team. cute fanfic.

Blues are not trading Binnington for a late first round and a second lol
my original suggestion was 1,2,robertson...and i said i hope blues say no but i fear they would say yes to start the rebuild and go w Hofer

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Leaf fans are the best. A 1 year rental of Marner at 11M requires a huge return but a late 1st should be enough to get other teams players with term and retention. Never change bluey.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
LOL, no one wants Robertson and their is no ranking that shows Hildeby in a top-5 as a goalie prospect. IN the below, he's merely an honorably mention and outside the top-15. lol

What a stupid comment. I know you like to get a rise out of leafs fans but come on. Almost .50 PPG with no power play time in his rookie season. Spew more gibberish.

blueslifer

May 23, 2024
Do you realize how monumentally dumb it would be to trade Binnington and Parayko in a deal in which you are retaining salary for just 2 years of pick 25 and 58ish?

These are two of our best players, they are signed to 3 and 7 more years. And we aren’t full unloading.
I never want blues to trade binnington..parayko I like him, but if we could move him to improve the team in a year Id be alright with it...I never trust armstrong to do the right thing though, i dont think other GMs like dealing w him. I never understood why we chose him over davidson

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
$6 million for three more years for a 30 year old MEH goalie, who just recently did not medal for Canada

Sounds like a Leaf already

• Haha
Reactions: SoupNazi

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Toronto's D has sucked for YEARS!!
Hopefully, it will get rebuilt properly this off season, as they really only have 3 d-men signed (Timmins is signed, but, i dont consider him in the mix, as he cant play defense) and need to round out the Defense with a min of 2, if not 3 UFA/Trade Dmen

Benoit would be the Leafs 3rd D currently signed (Rielly/McCabe the others), and I would rather Benoit be a 7th d-man than top 6, even if he did have a decent season, OR a sell high trade option.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I never want blues to trade binnington..parayko I like him, but if we could move him to improve the team in a year Id be alright with it...I never trust armstrong to do the right thing though, i dont think other GMs like dealing w him. I never understood why we chose him over davidson

The Blues have had one of the winningest records in the league since Armstrong has been here. Also won a Stanley Cup.

Trading Parayko and Binnington for two late firsts and late 2nds makes the team so much worse for the next 4 years if you’re lucky.

You’re banking on our scouting department to be as good or if not better than they’ve already been. And they’ve been extremely good.

If you don’t believe Thomas is a 1C I can see making moves like this. But if you do, why waste the large majority of one of the only true 1Cs you’ve drafted when your prospect pool already looks pretty good?

blueslifer

May 23, 2024
The Blues have had one of the winningest records in the league since Armstrong has been here. Also won a Stanley Cup.

Trading Parayko and Binnington for two late firsts and late 2nds makes the team so much worse for the next 4 years if you’re lucky.

You’re banking on our scouting department to be as good or if not better than they’ve already been. And they’ve been extremely good.

If you don’t believe Thomas is a 1C I can see making moves like this. But if you do, why waste the large majority of one of the only true 1Cs you’ve drafted when your prospect pool already looks pretty good?
Armstrong lived off davidsons draft picks..he chose faulk over AP...then had a second chance to keep AP and chose krug lol....i love thomas...kyrou is good but overpaid he also lucked into JB50 and exposed him and we got lucky noone else wanted him, if binner doesnt come up in 2019...armstrong is remembered far differently...people are asking why he paid such a price for oreilly for a last place team

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Robertson (RFA) + Hildeby (Top-5 ranked goalie prospect) for Binnington (6M per for 3 years)

Robertson (RFA) + Villeneuve or Tverberg (Top-10 ranked defenseman or forward prospect) for Markstrom (6M per for 2 years)

Binnington and Markstrom have term at a set rate and the Leafs have some good young goalies in the system. Which makes Saros the most unlikely of the 3 because he has one year left, which means he will need a large extension, Toronto may only need a goalie for 2-3 years, Saros is coming in for 1 or 7-9.

Too much kool-aid bro.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Poor choice of words by Marner aside, whoever eventually ends the Leafs cup drought WILL be treated like gods by that city and fanbase, Binner already seems like he doesn't lack confidence.

If he did it he might become the most egotistical goalie in the history of the league, a history that includes Patrick Roy.

I want to see it.

• Love
Reactions: blueslifer

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
What a stupid comment. I know you like to get a rise out of leafs fans but come on. Almost .50 PPG with no power play time in his rookie season. Spew more gibberish.

1. Everyone would take him, but no one is setting their sights on him either.
2. He had 5 points in his rookie season.
3. He had similar stats as actual rookie Pavel Dorofeyev

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
$6 million for three more years for a 30 year old MEH goalie, who just recently did not medal for Canada

Sounds like a Leaf already

The world championship takes place during the playoffs therefore they do not matter

Armstrong lived off davidsons draft picks..he chose faulk over AP...then had a second chance to keep AP and chose krug lol....i love thomas...kyrou is good but overpaid he also lucked into JB50 and exposed him and we got lucky noone else wanted him, if binner doesnt come up in 2019...armstrong is remembered far differently...people are asking why he paid such a price for oreilly for a last place team

That's true Binner really did save Armstrong's legacy

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
"Armstrong...chose faulk over AP...then had a second chance to keep AP and chose krug..."
lol that makes zero sense.

Also, Armstrong offered Pietrangelo everything that would have kept him as a Blue for the duration of his contract and offered more money than Vegas. If Pietrangelo wanted to be a Blue he still would be. The "Armstrong didn't sign Pietrangelo" argument is so old, false, and tired. Armstrong has made mistakes but don't act like losing Pietrangelo was all on Armstrong.

And to really put your critical thinking skills to the test (be careful): ask yourself how it makes any sense for the lack of a full NMC to be the hangup for Pietrangelo? Pietrangelo was not at risk for being exposed in the Seattle draft nor would he be in any risk of being sent to the minors, even late into the contract. A full NTC would have given him all the protection he desired if he wanted to remain a Blue. I mean..after all Armstrong has had an easy time trading all of the underperforming defensemen with their NTCs. Oh that's right....

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
"Armstrong...chose faulk over AP...then had a second chance to keep AP and chose krug..."
lol that makes zero sense.

Also, Armstrong offered Pietrangelo everything that would have kept him as a Blue for the duration of his contract and offered more money than Vegas. If Pietrangelo wanted to be a Blue he still would be. The "Armstrong didn't sign Pietrangelo" argument is so old, false, and tired. Armstrong has made mistakes but don't act like losing Pietrangelo was all on Armstrong.

And to really put your critical thinking skills to the test (be careful): ask yourself how it makes any sense for the lack of a full NMC to be the hangup for Pietrangelo? Pietrangelo was not at risk for being exposed in the Seattle draft nor would he be in any risk of being sent to the minors, even late into the contract. A full NTC would have given him all the protection he desired if he wanted to remain a Blue. I mean..after all Armstrong has had an easy time trading all of the underperforming defensemen with their NTCs. Oh that's right....

Thank you for bringing common sense into the discussion. I don't blame Petro at all for choosing to join a contending Vegas team. Seems like it's the most desirable market to play in right now, or at least it's near the top of the list. I'll never buy the argument that it was only the lack of an NMC that caused him to leave. It's just an easy excuse to say publicly instead of saying he simply preferred to play in Vegas over St. Louis, which is what I believe to be the case.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad