Johnny Hockey's 1st career hat trick leads Calgary to improbable comeback win

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Angry Hockey Dad

Michkov save us
May 30, 2013
Canada
Wanna see the Flames make the playoffs. Admittedly they are a fun team to watch. Ive never seen a team come back from 2 or 3 goals in the third seemingly every game. Cool as a cucumber under pressure.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
johnny hockey scoring natty hattys while johnny football drinking natty

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Wanna see the Flames make the playoffs. Admittedly they are a fun team to watch. Ive never seen a team come back from 2 or 3 goals in the third seemingly every game. Cool as a cucumber under pressure.

The issue with them is they always play like they're down by 3. They take a lot of risks early on. But when it works, it's a blast to watch

Danny__K

Oct 6, 2005
That second goal was awesome, he's behind the net, oh no wait he's in front and wraps it around Quick far side.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Healy was mocking him?
Actually no, Healy is just stupid and had no idea "Johnny Hockey" came from the Boston College fans and then claimed there is "only one Mr.Hockey" :shakehead

Not only is Healy an absolute idiot he should have no part in the hockey media...with out a doubt he is clueless.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
He went off on Johnny saying he didn't deserve the same nickname as Gordie Howe, never realizing that that isn't even Johnny's nickname, and making himself look stupid as always. Has held resentment for Johnny G since.

What the heck? Can't someone at SportsNet explain to him that's not the case?

Man how miserable would it be to go through life having to hate a guy as fun to watch play hockey as Gaudreau over a misunderstanding.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Actually no, Healy is just stupid and had no idea "Johnny Hockey" came from the Boston College fans and then claimed there is "only one Mr.Hockey" :shakehead

Not only is Healy an absolute idiot he should have no part in the hockey media...with out a doubt he is clueless.

My favourite Healy moment came during the Olympics during the pre-game for Canada vs. Latvia an he was telling Canada how pointless the game was and why it wasn't even worth playing. Then Canada squeaked out a win in the final minutes.

WhiskeyYourTheDevils said:
After watching this kid all season, and watching replays of that 3rd goal, I feel very certain that it was intentional. He had no teammates in the vicinity, he's too smart to make a blind pass like that. And he very clearly whips that puck directly at doughty.

With all due respect to Johnny, I think that was a no-look pass. It did look on TV like there was a guy coming on the far side, but on the replay you can see him (I think it might've been Russell) hold up and disappear.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
Heck of a game from Gaudreau. Have to say I was (somewhat) rooting against him due to the crazy hype, but he's doing well. Didn't see the game, but good on Calgary for snapping their losing streak against the Kings.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
What the heck? Can't someone at SportsNet explain to him that's not the case?

Man how miserable would it be to go through life having to hate a guy as fun to watch play hockey as Gaudreau over a misunderstanding.

I think he also went off on Calgary for calling him that, even though he's had the nickname for almost 2 years. It was given to him by some NHL.com writer at the 2013 World Jrs, Boston media took it and ran with it when he was playing collage there.

Basically, Healy is a moron. To be fair, I would have agreed with him if his nickname really was "Mr. Hockey" but come on Glen, you're a professional, do your damn research.

hockeyfanOU812

do you feel in charge?
Mar 27, 2014
Absolutely incredible!

Something is in the water in Southern New Jersey - Ryan, Gaudreau, Van Riemsdyk!

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
With all due respect to Johnny, I think that was a no-look pass. It did look on TV like there was a guy coming on the far side, but on the replay you can see him (I think it might've been Russell) hold up and disappear.

I kind of got the impression it was a blind pass intended for Hudler.

Johnny got the team's Fireman Helmet to go with his hatty

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
“@FAN960RKerr: Both @JJooris19 and @johngaudreau03 recording hat tricks in Dec - 1st time #Flames have hat tricks from 2 rookies in same season.”

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
How bad would the Flames be without Guadreau?

He's arguably already their best forward.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
To me it looked like a drop pass to Hudler, with Johnny leaving it in the high slot and not passing it back. After looking at the gif replay though, JG looks over his shoulder right at DD and throws the puck that way. Maybe he figured the puck would ping-pong around near the crease giving Huds a chance to bury it, or he really was trying to deflect it in. I am honestly not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad