Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI .. *crickets*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Pastrnak
McAvoy
Smith
Krug
Swayman
Carlo

All missed the start of training camp while waiting to be signed as RFAs. I'm sorry facts aren't your forte. Maybe if I start up a podcast and say it.
Krug signed his deals on 3/6 and 6/30
McAvoy 9/15
Pasta 9/14
Carlo 9/17
Reilly Smith is lol. His deal was $1.4M. Come on.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
That’s bizarro world.

Know what all those dates have in common?

They signed after training camp. Exactly what I f***ing said.

You missed Krug. He signed on October 5th his RFA year, Reilly Smith was the 18th. Both after camp opened.

So why is it when a talented RFA is up for contract they can't seemed to be signed before camp?

Reactions: Dr Quincy

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

You missed Krug. He signed on October 5th his RFA year, Reilly Smith was the 18th. Both after camp opened.

So why is it when a talented RFA is up for contract they can't seemed to be signed before camp?
But they all signed right?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

That's your obsession , no one else.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
One could assume they might not make the playoffs with their current goaltending maybe and the GM would be let go.
Can't imagine the blowback if Swayman is traded for a package a bit better than Ullmark, say a Pinto level guy and a #1. To go from Swayman\Ullmark to Korpisalo\???
would be tough to take.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
That's your obsession , no one else.
It's a fact. Why do they choose to kick RFA deals down the road or whatever? It's like they work so hard on day one of UFA they need to catch their wind lol

They obviously feel like it will just get done, Don't prioritize it and the players don't have any real options and this time it seems a bit more difficult.

Can't imagine the blowback if Swayman is traded for a package a bit better than Ullmark, say a Pinto level guy and a #1. To go from Swayman\Ullmark to Korpisalo\???
would be tough to take.
He's not an idiot IMO he will get it done even if it means caving

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Krug signed his deals on 3/6 and 6/30
McAvoy 9/15
Pasta 9/14
Carlo 9/17
Reilly Smith is lol. His deal was $1.4M. Come on.
None of them had the tone this one has had, similar to Krugs talks, oh! and just so happens, that they both have the same agent..............Goodbye Jeremey, you and us fans could it had it so good.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Sweeney would be fired before the news conference to announce it, and that;s if Gibson was healthy
What are you going on about, this is the perfect remedy to deal with Sway and his agent. you want to play hard ball, go toil it a bottom 5 team , that will learn you. Sway at 9.5 , Gibson at 6.4 ? Gibson every day for me. Watch those numbers turn around.

Reactions: lopey

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
that's funny my DM say different, trouncing everyone is a word used a few times.

Gonna be a long eight years for you guys, I hope you can manage to enjoy the Bruins still while being backstopped by Sway.

8 years would be great! It's a harder contract because no RFAs have signed on since Vasi in the last 10 years, and Swayman obviously isn't remotely close to Vasi's resume at the time.

People keep bringing up Sorokin, but he was a pending UFA, was coming off being a Vezina finalist and had started 60+ games. That feels like a VERY VERY generous comp to Swayman.

Perhaps the disagreements in these threads are around the Bruins actually taking advantage of how the collective bargaining agreement works and not treating Swayman like he is a pending UFA?

To me, on an 8 year deal, Sorokin’s 8.25 AAV starting this year is the absolute absolute absolute max. And it really should be lower given that Sorokin was a pending UFA and had been better.

Last edited:

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
1727563790493.png

Sweeney in the mirror every day of this negotiation :) ..... might be good might be bad...time will tell

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Look if you want to rant against the lowest common denominator you’ll always have material. But let’s not pretend that’s the prevailing sentiment.

What if Swayman wants 4 years?
Didn't a TSN insider report that both sides wanted long-term deals? I think it was either Lebrun or Dreger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad