Value of: Johnny Gaudreau: UFA this summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Wasn't Johnny the one who made the dumb museum comment?
The locker room was in trouble. The Flames had some team building exercises. Hamilton decided to skip those and do his own thing.

For all we know the trade may have already been finalized at that point, but the optics aren't good. It was more than just Hamilton exploring his academic side

End of the day trade worked for everyone. Calgary got a #1 centre and a top pairing dman. They lost Hamilton, Fox and Ferland, who had no future with the team. Carolina got an upgrade at defence during a time they were heavily competing.

Reactions: YP44

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
The locker room was in trouble. The Flames had some team building exercises. Hamilton decided to skip those and do his own thing.

For all we know the trade may have already been finalized at that point, but the optics aren't good. It was more than just Hamilton exploring his academic side

End of the day trade worked for everyone. Calgary got a #1 centre and a top pairing dman. They lost Hamilton, Fox and Ferland, who had no future with the team. Carolina got an upgrade at defence during a time they were heavily competing.
Thanks for the info, all I heard was he skipped out on a beer

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
I'll be shocked if Johnny isn't a Flyer this summer. Only way I see this is if Flames resign him before hand, or the Flyers don't offer a contract at all.

Buddies on the team / Home town team / Possible money free

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'll be shocked if Johnny isn't a Flyer this summer. Only way I see this is if Flames resign him before hand, or the Flyers don't offer a contract at all.

Buddies on the team / Home town team / Possible money free
There's a zero percent chance he goes to Philly. Go ahead and bookmark it. Zero percent. He wants to win. Most likely he re-signs in Calgary. If not, he'll go to a contender that opens cap space. Winning is very important to him and he has never said anything but he wants to stay in Calgary.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The addition of Toffoli will lessen impact of Gaudreau loss next year.
I doubt Gaudreau is leaving. In no way is Toffoli a remote comparable of Gaudreau. One is a complementary middle six scorer, the other drives the best line in the league right now.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I’m not sure what he does. I think he’d love to go to Philly, but the team is so bad right now and he wants to win. I could see him going to a contending team out east that has cap room, but there aren’t many of those. I think there’s a decent chance he winds up staying in Calgary at this point.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
There's a zero percent chance he goes to Philly. Go ahead and bookmark it. Zero percent. He wants to win. Most likely he re-signs in Calgary. If not, he'll go to a contender that opens cap space. Winning is very important to him and he has never said anything but he wants to stay in Calgary.
I'll never bet against an East Coast American kid leaving Western Canada.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Fox leaves for NYR
Brodie leaves for Toronto
Bennett breaks out in FLA
Gaudreau leaves for PHI
What would be the reaction if Coronato left for the East?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'll never bet against an East Coast American kid leaving Western Canada.
Like Conroy, Suter, Reinhart and Otto eh? Johnny said he would sign with the Flames out of College. He did. He said he'd re-sign after his entry level, he did. Now he says we will re-sign again and you think he's lying? If he wanted to be out East he could have waited 3 months after College and done that.

Plenty of East Coast US born players still live in Calgary after their retirement. It's the 3rd biggest alumni group of players living in the city in the league.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Fox leaves for NYR
Brodie leaves for Toronto
Bennett breaks out in FLA
Gaudreau leaves for PHI
What would be the reaction if Coronato left for the East?
Fox was a different circumstance. He said he'd only sign with the Rags from the get go. That's what he did. Gaudreau has said publicly, multiple times and held press conferences saying he's staying here. Tkachuk is a far bigger concern than Gaudreau. He's never said he's staying here.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Johnny is pretty easy-going, just wants to play hockey, he'll re-sign in Calgary. Adam Fox is an uptight loser nerd who would only play for one team.

Reactions: HighLifeManIsHigh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad