Confirmed with Link: Johnny Gaudreau has died at the age of 31

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ohiohabsfan29

Mar 16, 2022
What an incredibly sad situation to happen to such wonderful people. Just gutted for the whole Gaudreau family on this incredible loss. Just numb right now. A senseless tragedy.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Not again.

Rip to him and his brother. Prayers to their family and friends. I think Johnny had 2 young kids:(

Not sure what's true but on Twitter people were saying they were in town for their Sister's wedding. And the accident happened down the block of where Johnny Gaudreau lived.

Second athlete this Summer taken by a drunk driver:(

Last edited:

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What a tragic and senseless loss. My condolences to this wonderful fan base as well as both brother's loved ones. May everyone impacted by his loss find peace and may the driver who took two lives be forced to reflect upon and atone for the pain they have caused.

Rest in peace Matthew and Johnny "Hockey" Gaudreau.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
By all accounts on what I've read, the guy was trying to pass cars on the left on the road. One of the cars moved to the center to give Johnny and his brother clearance on the right and the guy got impatient and then tried to pass on the right.

Such terrible timing and poor choices involved if this is accurate but whatever punishment happens here it's never enough to bring back a family member and friend to them.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
By all accounts on what I've read, the guy was trying to pass cars on the left on the road. One of the cars moved to the center to give Johnny and his brother clearance on the right and the guy got impatient and then tried to pass on the right.
absolute lunatic shit.

johnny and his brother are dead because this guy didn't want to share the road with cyclists.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Leafs fan popping in to send condolences.
Just an unreal scenario and just so senseless.

Sorry for your loss…

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
My brother is a pretty serious bicyclist. He figures that is how he’ll die someday - he’ll be riding a bike and some idiot will hit him. He has had plenty of near misses.

There are no words. Losing two family members in the primes of their lives is horrible. I feel for the two kids who will never know their father, the sister whose happiest day was ruined, and all their friends and family who have to be completely devastated.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I’m stunned and heartbroken.

This is just a crushing loss.

My condolences to the Gaudreau family, and the Columbus Blue Jackets family and fans.

You are all in my thoughts.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Looking at Google earth, there isn't a bike lane where they said the crash happened?

I am sure we will get more details today and over the weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad