Confirmed with Link: Johnny Gaudreau has died at the age of 31

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
So sorry to hear of this terrible, tragic news. My thoughts are with you all and their loved ones. RIP.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I am absolutely gutted. I couldn't sleep. I know it was late but the more the night went on with nothing, the scarier it got.

I'm so sad. Rest in peace to Johnny, Matthew, and thoughts are with the family. I feel like crying
I am crying.... He leaves a wife, a newborn and a 2 year old behind. Not to mention the rest of his family dealing with the loss of two members. And the night before his sister's wedding. I didn't know the man, but as such a big fan of the team you read so much, hear them speak, they all seem to love Columbus... it's a gut punch. I feel like they are just part of a bigger family that I am connected to. This is just awful news for the Gaudreau family. Just terrible.

RIP Johnny Hockey.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
The Dispatch is reporting it was a bicycle accident. Today is supposed to be his sister's wedding.

"According to a post on a popular wedding site, Gaudreau and his brother were scheduled to be groomsmen in their sister's wedding Friday in Philadelphia."

"As of Friday morning, police have only confirmed to multiple news outlets in New Jersey and Philadelphia that a fatal bike accident occurred around 8 p.m. Thursday in Oldmans Township that killed two adult cyclists."

Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I am so incredibly sorry for your loss Columbus fans. Rest in peace Johnny and Matthew

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I have had a frightening phenomenon for a while now of nightmares seeming too real even after I wake up.

Last night's nightmares repeatedly featured me "waking up", opening my laptop, and seeing this news confirmed. Several times, to the point where I had to forcibly will myself to wake up.

Based on that I'm still not sure if I can even believe this right now. If I come back in a half hour or so and this post is still here...

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
RIP Johnny and Matthew. Drunk drivers deserve their own level in hell. I’m shocked and gutted. I’ve just moved back to the Dayton area and was just getting back into the Jackets, in large part because I like Johnny so much. My condolences to his family and friends and the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad