Johnny Gaudreau: 2015/16 expectations?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evergreen

This kid is unreal. I expected a bit of a bump in the road this season after such a great rookie year, but it looks like I was wrong.

Meowmix

Apr 10, 2015
the Netherlands
He was playing the 2nd half of the game like a madman, hadn't scored a couple of games and was obviously not planning to get stoned by the incredible play of Darling all night. Very awesome goal.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The guy is proving to be one of the most clutch young players in recent memory. He's been a big game, big moment player at every level.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Will be interesting to see who develops even on another level.

Him or Panarin.

Really think they're twins of eachother.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Stat line
26GP 9G 17A 26P +2, 3 OT GWG

Good for 8th in the league in scoring. Not bad on a team that's struggled as much as Calgary. He's been pretty clutch too - 3G 2A in 3v3 OT this year.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Will be interesting to see who develops even on another level.

Him or Panarin.

Really think they're twins of eachother.

Johnny is the catalyst of Calgary's entire offence. Panarin plays with Kane.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Teammates aside, Gaudreau only has 5 power play points because the Flames have had the most brutal power play in the NHL (30th place @ 12.2%, 30th place in PP GF @ 9, 30th in PP Fenwick For per 60 at 57.9 - that's the only team with less than an unblocked shot attempt per minute). Last year the Flames' power play was middle of the pack at 16th, 17th, and 23rd in those respective categories.

Gaudreau's a guy who should be doing most of his damage on the power play, but isn't.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Teammates aside, Gaudreau only has 5 power play points because the Flames have had the most brutal power play in the NHL (30th place @ 12.2%, 30th place in PP GF @ 9, 30th in PP Fenwick For per 60 at 57.9 - that's the only team with less than an unblocked shot attempt per minute). Last year the Flames' power play was middle of the pack at 16th, 17th, and 23rd in those respective categories.

Gaudreau's a guy who should be doing most of his damage on the power play, but isn't.

He's also only got 4 secondary assists (on 17 total), which is again attributable to the poor power play and struggling teammates.

He could very easily have 30+ points at this point.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I would argue that he processes and reacts to the game better than anyone in the world. Add that to his excellent quickness and hands, and it was pretty obvious that he would soon be dominating the NHL after not too long.

This should be emphasized. Honestly reminds me of watching a great NBA PG like Steve Nash.

He seems a half second ahead of everyone on the ice, which is a lot in today's hockey.

Flames lucked there way into an absolute future superstar, seems like poetic justice after what's really been awful luck in the high end of the draft for years(along with some legitimately terrible picks).

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
This should be emphasized. Honestly reminds me of watching a great NBA PG like Steve Nash.

He seems a half second ahead of everyone on the ice, which is a lot in today's hockey.

Flames lucked there way into an absolute future superstar, seems like poetic justice after what's really been awful luck in the high end of the draft for years(along with some legitimately terrible picks).

It's the only thing keeping me sane after Edmonton keeps getting 1st overals; We got Brodie and Johnny in the fourth, We got Brodie and Johnny in the fourth.

It actually calms me down when I'm stressed at work as well haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad