John Tavares gets nothing but disrespect from both NHL.com and HFBoards after hitting 900 career points

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Strange thread to make considering right after he made 900, NHL put out a FB post about the highest scoring currently active players in the NHL and I thought it was strange they used Tavares' photo until I saw his name at the bottom of the list. So looks like the OP is kinda grasping at something that isn't there?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I wonder... did anyone knew that he has a cousin who plays hockey?
Quinn Tavares, his first draft eligible year was this years draft.
- did not get drafted

Plays in the OJHL.

He is also from MIssisauga, but quite the height difference;
Quinn is 5 foot 5.
If you want your son to be at least average height and not a shrimp, don’t name him Quinn it seems

• Haha
Reactions: Voight and tfwnogf

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The cap is about the entire roster. that's where people get confused about 4 players 40 million. Michael Bunting got 63 points with 950K cap hit. JT could have had 85-90 points easy with 1st line usage.

You keep talking about first line usage and keep ignoring the fact Tavares got first line ice time.

Or again is your argument that Gaudreau, Stamkos, Kaprisov and Tkachuk also only got 2nd line ice time? That's even more impressive that those guys all scored 100+ points getting 2nd line minutes!

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I’m sorry but the guy is a loser. He’s a captain of a team and nobody in their fanbase wants him at $11M. He picks up a random meaningless point that he didn’t do much for and collects his paycheck.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
900 NHL points is special for sure.

With that being said, what is really SO special about 900 points though? it is as "important" as 800 was or 1100 could be. Those 2 milestones are also less newsworth in a weird way than say 500 nhl points was. they're just weird #s that deserves league wide media recognition.

when he gets to 1000 it will make the front page of nhl.com.

GlassesManbad

Oct 14, 2022
Tavares is playing tonight and Dallas has 2 Benn/Seguin-both regressing and far worse than Tavares and making 19.1 per combined.
Again, Tavares was 15th in scoring among centres and he was his teams' #2 C. Where the proof he's regressing so much? This year he's looked very good as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Even after all these years, I still almost fall for Mulletman threads.

Nicely done, double-M.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Meh. He gets the same respect as any other player hitting 900 points.
In terms of his career and expectations I think he’s pretty much where he was expected to be minus playoff success.
The bad contract is a totally different issue from the player.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
And there's the disrespect we're talking about. Tavares was just the 121st player to hit 900 points during the NHL's 106 year history, so yes it's absolutely thread worthy!

Who was the last player to cross 900?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
John Tavares is a good individual player, but he hasn’t really done shit as a former first overall pick to deserve respect.

He left NYI, went to a more talented team, and hasn’t won jack shit yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad