Player Discussion John Klingberg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I’m going to go against the grain here and say that I’m not impressed so far. Moves slow and I was hoping for more display of his hands. Although it’s early

• Haha
Reactions: Arthuros

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
With Drysdale here & Zellweger will for sure be on the team next year, we don’t absolutely need him.

Would be nice, but he’s 30, so if he wants an 7-8 year deal, I’d say no way. If he settles for a 4-5 year deal, I’d be fine with that.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck and Kalv

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I think he and Fowler need to use each other more. Felt like each was looking for the forward outlet pass last night in the game when the other was open.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I’m going to go against the grain here and say that I’m not impressed so far. Moves slow and I was hoping for more display of his hands. Although it’s early
He was pretty great in the preseason. He moved the puck pretty nicely on the power play last night, particularly on Zegras' goal where he drew a couple defenders by being and active threat which gave Terry enough time to make the play to Zegras.

I think we'll see more of what he can do once the team gets a bit more structure to their game. To your point, it's still early.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
He's able to continue drawing players towards him because he has the ability to do different things with the puck, so it warrants attention. that's why players like him are special, you can't call their bluff because they are creative enough to make you pay if you do.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
It was a genius move by Verbeek to add one of the softest players in the league to an already soft defense. Good luck flipping him at deadline

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I thought Klingberg would be a big upgrade for our power play and I still hope he will prove to be just that. Defensively he has been pretty much what I expected. He has never been solid, and we don't have a good defensive defenseman to pair him with, nor can we shelter him on the 3rd pairing. This is the result. I don't see that there's anything particularly "wrong" with him, this is the player he is, with us he is just way more exposed than in Dallas. (I'll admit I did kinda expect us to get one defensively solid D and pair him with Klingberg to raise K's value. But here we are.)

Reactions: Yemeth

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Seems like he's going to be the whipping boy this season because he was the big acquisition and the highest paid player on the team, but I really don't think he's been that bad considering it's a new team, and one that is playing absolutely terribly, and he's already looking a bit more comfortable. Not really worried about him personally

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Seems like he's going to be the whipping boy this season because he was the big acquisition and the highest paid player on the team, but I really don't think he's been that bad considering it's a new team, and one that is playing absolutely terribly, and he's already looking a bit more comfortable. Not really worried about him personally
Really? I think he completely sucks and I love the player he used to be(the guy we thought we were getting). He’s just not that guy anymore and I don’t think it’s all because he’s not trying. There’s been some decline there imo

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I knew Klingberg was a liability defensively. I was thinking he'd be at least competent offensively, production-wise. I'd scratch him next game, because quite frankly he's not doing anybody any favours. At least by scratching him it'd send a message to the other sleepwalking vets that they need to set good examples.

I think he deserves his whipping boy reputation at the moment. I've been eyeballing Strome as well because he also doesn't seem to be playing very well,, but Klingberg's shortcomings are way more obvious, and we NEED to extract maximum value out of this guy before he goes and rips off a different team.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I knew Klingberg was a liability defensively. I was thinking he'd be at least competent offensively, production-wise. I'd scratch him next game, because quite frankly he's not doing anybody any favours. At least by scratching him it'd send a message to the other sleepwalking vets that they need to set good examples.

I think he deserves his whipping boy reputation at the moment. I've been eyeballing Strome as well because he also doesn't seem to be playing very well,, but Klingberg's shortcomings are way more obvious, and we NEED to extract maximum value out of this guy before he goes and rips off a different team.

Strome makes subtly nice/clever plays all the time and always seems to be in the correct position. I have no problem with him though I'd like to see more production.

I know Klingberg was likely a very one-dimensional (and soft) offensive defenseman. But I was expecting his speed and skating to be much better - well above average. Surprised how slow he is out there. I will say, his outlet passes and turnovers, which were atrocious the first few games, have improved. But he's still really slow and bad in his own end

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I agree with others, we knew he'd be bad defensively. it's the lack of offensive execution and flubbed plays at the blue line that are frustrating. He had his moment in the sun during the opener but has been ineffective on the attack since then except for one shift in Detroit.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
0CAF191C-F012-49D5-807E-50A96D813A7C.gif

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Back to back games getting at least 1 goal with this one ending up being a game wining goal to give the Ducks back to back regulation wins for the first time this season

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad