Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
So 32nd and 34th picks actually matter. Who knew? Why does everyone want to trade away the Florida pick?
90% of posts involving trading that pick target a goalie, something that also matters.

Kind of a weird post, no one wants to throw these picks away.

Reactions: Chainshot

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
On other sites ;)

But even if you look at mock drafts on this site.... the Florida pick often gets traded.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
He’s killing it these playoffs. Amazing.

Showing he’s able to elevate his game like this during the playoffs, in his rookie season no less, is pretty much solidifying he’s going to be 100% ready to make the jump to the NHL full time next year. And also likely to have a meaningful impact, probably a notch above what Krebs did this year, as a comparison.

How on earth did we crush a draft so hard that we got Quinn and Peterka in our first two picks?

Great scouting and some good draft luck. Peterka was pretty much a consensus 25-30 pick, so we’re lucky he fell to us :)

That’s why I don’t want to tempt fate again this year and want to try to trade up from the FLA pick using our 2nd rounder, because we can’t rely on getting that kind of luck every year.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Imagine if the Sens didn't pass on him, they'd actually have him and Stutzle.

i remember their board being all in on that idea and being bummed when they didn’t do it.

and they were right.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
He’s killing it these playoffs. Amazing.

Showing he’s able to elevate his game like this during the playoffs, in his rookie season no less, is pretty much solidifying he’s going to be 100% ready to make the jump to the NHL full time next year. And also likely to have a meaningful impact, probably a notch above what Krebs did this year, as a comparison.

Great scouting and some good draft luck. Peterka was pretty much a consensus 25-30 pick, so we’re lucky he fell to us :)

That’s why I don’t want to tempt fate again this year and want to try to trade up from the FLA pick using our 2nd rounder, because we can’t rely on getting that kind of luck every year.
I wouldn’t even call it luck, they traded up to snag him. What a beauty of a pick.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I wouldn’t even call it luck, they traded up to snag him. What a beauty of a pick.

Right! Oh shit, I totally spaced on that. (Although still good luck he was available at 34 and didn’t go in the first round).

So we gave up a 4th rounder to move up 4 spots — amazing work.

This EXACTLY underscores my point about trading up this year with the FLA pick. Bordeleau happens to also be a hell of a player, but we may not have picked him and could have ended up with a nobody. If you have a guy your scouts love, be aggressive and trade up to get him. Quality over quantity.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Quinn might be under performing in the playoffs but he absolutely carried this team to the playoffs which they had no buisness being in having their fate being decided by another team.
This makes no sense to me. So Quinn helped the Amerks qualify for the playoffs. But they didn't deserve it because the next closest team lost on the last day of the season?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
This makes no sense to me. So Quinn helped the Amerks qualify for the playoffs. But they didn't deserve it because the next closest team lost on the last day of the season?
If it wasn't for Quinn they wouldn't even be in the position where the Marlies needed to lose to get them into the playoffs.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I don’t see a need to compare who’s better at this point, I’m just happy we have 2 potential first liners in both of them :D

Usually judging by ‘what have you done for me lately’ is a good way to have a take age poorly.

Reactions: BuffaloGooner

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I had JJP as a mid20s first rounder, and was ecstatic they got him in the 2nd. The playoff performance was exceptional. I wonder if he stays up after camp and Quinn goes down, gets the Derek Roy treatment for 10 games, and then comes up. Impossible to guess at this point, but suffice to say I love how JJP is coming along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad