Value of: Joel Eriksson Ek

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I would sell the Jets farm to acquire. No prospect/pick off limits.

Jets 1st + Barlow + Wild pick of Lambert/McGroarty would be my starting offer.

Reactions: lionsDen

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022

He's not available! Wild aren't rebuilding or reloading! They have a mandate to make playoff from their owner. Besides Minnesota isn't trading the only good C , and only good young stud two way C they have, You don't have a C like Eriksson Ek on great contract to offer a Minnesota team loaded on Winger prospect, D prospects, and at least two or three good C prospect. So no

Eriksson Ek won't be available when he wasn't for eichel.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He's not available! Wild aren't rebuilding or reloading! They have a mandate to make playoff from their owner. Besides Minnesota isn't trading the only good C , and only good young stud two way C they have, You don't have a C like Eriksson Ek on great contract to offer a Minnesota team loaded on Winger prospect, D prospects, and at least two or three good C prospect. So no

Eriksson Ek won't be available when he wasn't for eichel.
Why do you hate Marco Rossi?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

that's a nice offer. I think McGroarty might end up being a good player....maybe a bit like JEE. Still no go for this Wild fan. Trading JEE to the Jets would make them a scary team, and push the value of their first down. I think he, and not Kaprizov, is the most valuable player on the team. Kind of a strange thing to say about a 2c, but whatev.

His contract status(5 more years after this at 5.25M) makes him doubly valuable.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
that's a nice offer. I think McGroarty might end up being a good player....maybe a bit like JEE. Still no go for this Wild fan. Trading JEE to the Jets would make them a scary team, and push the value of their first down. I think he, and not Kaprizov, is the most valuable player on the team. Kind of a strange thing to say about a 2c, but whatev.

His contract status(5 more years after this at 5.25M) makes him doubly valuable.
Ek is a swiss army kind of guy. I honestly think he was what Koivu was supposed to be. He can play up and down the lineup. He's on pace for 40+ goals and even if he doesn't hit that and falls a little short, a 35+ goal scoring center that is considered to be one of the best trash talking guys that plays great defense for only five million and some change is extremely valuable.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ek is a swiss army kind of guy. I honestly think he was what Koivu was supposed to be. He can play up and down the lineup. He's on pace for 40+ goals and even if he doesn't hit that and falls a little short, a 35+ goal scoring center that is considered to be one of the best trash talking guys that plays great defense for only five million and some change is extremely valuable.
Well, Mikko was actually better, though JEE is damn close. JEE is a shoot first Koivu. Very similar players. Big, strong, superb defensively, with above average(not great) offense.

What hurt Mikko's offensive stats was having untalented team mates, injuries, and playing on a team that emphasized suffocating defense.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Okay guys, I get it, he's great. 2-way beast, great contract. Worth a fortune.

You can't talk about him as a 40 goal guy just because he's paced that way for 28 games in 1 season lol.
Go look at his career progression, it is incredibly steady and he’s been pacing for 30+ for several years now while adding more and more to his game each season. But the goals don’t really matter compared to everything else he brings.

He won’t be made available so there’s not much to talk about related to him on this forum.

Drew Doubty

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, B.C.
Go look at his career progression, it is incredibly steady and he’s been pacing for 30+ for several years now while adding more and more to his game each season. But the goals don’t really matter compared to everything else he brings.

He won’t be made available so there’s not much to talk about related to him on this forum.

I've followed him closely since his SHL days. Easily seen 100+ games from him. He's a phenomenal player who's contributions extend well beyond offensive numbers. He just can't be called a 40 goal guy yet.

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Well, Mikko was actually better, though JEE is damn close. JEE is a shoot first Koivu. Very similar players. Big, strong, superb defensively, with above average(not great) offense.

What hurt Mikko's offensive stats was having untalented team mates, injuries, and playing on a team that emphasized suffocating defense.
What hurt Koivu was being injured all the time.n

I don't see Koivu being better than JEE because Koivu had struggles fitting in with players. I never saw him as a swiss army knife of a player. He never had the stats that JEE had either internationally.

Koivu was also a terrible skater. We'll see how JEE comes along. But Koivu was not a natural goal scorer. It wasn't just his teammates or defensive games, which is untrue.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I've followed him closely since his SHL days. Easily seen 100+ games from him. He's a phenomenal player who's contributions extend well beyond offensive numbers. He just can't be called a 40 goal guy yet.
I don’t see that anyone here did call him a 40 goal guy. Someone said he is pacing for it this year, which is accurate.

Edit: oh there was another one, I have to push another button to see that post though.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'd honestly sell the farm for JEE.

The Wild still wouldn't take it, but i'd happily offer the 23' 1st + 24' 1st + Ritchie + Gulyayev.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd honestly sell the farm for JEE.

The Wild still wouldn't take it, but i'd happily offer the 23' 1st + 24' 1st + Ritchie + Gulyayev.
That's a very underwhelming package

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
That's a very underwhelming package
Ya the Avs don't have a lot of available assets :laugh:

If Girard was playing i'd include Byram, but with the uncertainty around him the Avs won't include him. I'm sure the Avs would be outbid (ignoring the divisional rivalry) but not much other quality pieces we could offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad