Value of: Joe Veleno for what?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I mean, let’s be honest here. He was the #30 pick in an absolutely trash draft in 2018. The amount of guys who were picked ahead of him who are already total busts or have just started their waiver wire journey this off-season is astonishing.

Even as a hyped prospect before he started to fall his draft year, a lot of scouts had serious problems with projecting Veleno as anything but a milquetoast NHLer. It wasn’t a great pick by Detroit but I have a hard time admonishing the Wings that much given this draft.

2018 Draft was just...WOOF

OPfJF86.png
Hollands last draft in Detroit was brutal and can see why they moved on from him.
Zadina and Veleno.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Hollands last draft in Detroit was brutal and can see why they moved on from him.
Zadina and Veleno.
Actually no. Zadina brought too early and that ruined him, Veleno is solid bottom 6 player, who works really hard, just not much hockey IQ. Then it was Berggren, probably the best out of those 3 picks. Berggren going to be very good 2-3 line player for many years to come in NHL. Overall that draft year was very bad

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I believe that the OP has no use for a foot stomping piece of shit. How can anyone disagree with him?

Stompin' Tom was one of my favourite hockey-related musical artists. And ain't nobody ever gave him crap out it. :dunno:

• Haha
Reactions: kevistar

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I think Veleno f***ed this guys gf. Haha

This is personal and I love it!
So you think a clown who tries to end another players career by stomping on his ankle with his skate is "i think this guy f***ed this guys gf"? Ok cool, we have very different way of viewing hockey and life.

Lets speak about me being a "jealous of Veleno" and all that. Have you people actually seen what this clown did?

Reactions: Ub the Bub

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
So you think a clown who tries to end another players career by stomping on his ankle with his skate is "i think this guy f***ed this guys gf"? Ok cool, we have very different way of viewing hockey and life.

Lets speak about me being a "jealous of Veleno" and all that. Have you people actually seen what this clown did?

Yes. Your hatred for him is far overblown. I don't like the stomp either. But if Nino Neiderreiter (the guy he stomped on) can be okay with it... I think you should be able to be too. Your arguments so far really do come across more as Joe Veleno f***ed my girl and I'm real mad about it than an actual sense of anger.

Todd Bertuzzi assaulted a dude on the ice. People cheered him like crazy after that.
Chris Neil stomped on a guy or two... he still played.
Gustav Nyquist went Paul Bunyan on Jared Spurgeon's face, he's still in the league and no one is this angry at him.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
OP doesn't really seem to have been much of a Veleno fan before the stomp either:

My left knee would be a better 3C than Veleno.

Drop Copp on 3C and kick Veleno, put Kubalik on first and get whoever i dont care for 4th line wing, cant do worse than Veleno.

I don't understand people who shit on Rasmussen, he actually has a change to become a decent bottom6 player. Veleno on the other hand i think is like remnant of the past, Wings sucked so bad when we picked him, and even more the following season that a fire hydrant would've been an upgrade to the roster. I think people who think Veleno has a future in the NHL are delusional.

Rasmussen has been developing steadily, and he had times when he looked solid last season. Veleno on the other hand has had 1 good season in the Q 4 seasons ago, and thats gonna be the highlight of his career.

I mean Veleno had 8 less points than Seider in the SHL in 20-21 while playing 5 more games. Im completely lost why people still think he will become a NHL player.

Ok, not probably the best thread for my Veleno hate speech, but i spoke a bit about Ras as well!

He had Veleno as 4th line center, you had him as 13th forward, can you people finally just give up for the hopes and admit he isn't a NHL player?

With those 4 Larkin would still be the #1, and i do not understand how people still like Veleno over Rasmussen or over anyone for that matter. I wish other team GM's see Veleno as you guys do, because if i was Stevie Y i would trade him for a bag of peanuts.

I like how you were really curious of seeing Veleno, but didn't have him in the lineup, i agree!

I respect any and all lineups that dont have the bum Veleno in them.

f*** pens, gimme some Höglander in wings, we have so many players you want! A package of Zadina and Veleno, wow what a steal from the nucks!

I was going to reply to this thread saying why not try Kubalik in the 1st line but seems like you beat me to it, your center picks are disgusting though. First of all Veleno shouldn't have spot in this lineup, and i have no idea how you put Suter as 2C before Copp. Do you move Ras to the wing just to give Veleno the spot or what's going on here?

Oh boy i didnt pay attention to the wingers, 2 of our top3 scoring wingers at the 4th line? Yeah nahhh

And do a 5 forward PP1? yeah i dont see that happening.

Aight well, i hope you are wrong.

No one has claimed hes the 3rd best PP player in the league, he just had the stats, and he is by far the best PP player on the wings roster.

You miss spelled AHL, Veleno has no business being on any NHL teams roster, 3rd or 4th line.

Tyler Bertuzzi-Dylan Larkin-David Perron
Jakub Vrana-Andrew Copp-Lucas Raymond
Dominik Kubalik-Pius Suter-Filip Zadina/Jonatan Berggren*
Adam Erne-Michael Rasmussen-Oskar Sundqvist
Givani Smith the first call up in case of injury.

Ben Chiarot-Moritz Seider
Simon Edvinsson-Filip Hronek
Olli Maatta-Gustav Lindstrom
Hagg gets in in case of injury.

Zadina gets the first shot on 3rd line, if he still can't produce with his countryman Kubalik on the other wing, Berggren takes the spot and Zadina gets buried/traded if there is takers. Joe Veleno goes to Griffins and if a miracle doesn't happen he stays there, he should've been traded already but i doubt there is takers, he is never going to be a NHL player on a good team.

Shoutout to

Number1RedWingsFan52

I used his formatting and changed a couple names. Also hi! im new on the forum, but i have been reading your guys messages a lot.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I “get” fans who rip players like Larkin, because he makes a lot of money… I get why some people rip players like Chiarot, because he does make vital mistakes, and he’s blocking a young player… and I get why some would rip on a Bertuzzi for wanting so much money but he’s always hurt and taking bad penalties….. Don’t agree with their fascinations, but I get why they think the way they do…

What has Joe Veleno done to this guy’s Cheerios??

Did he not sign his jersey at the supermarket? Did he buy his childhood home, so he lost free rent in his mother’s basement?? Does he just hate Quebec? One of those fascist things?? Did he beat his kid out, on an Atom team 15 years ago???

Lol funny story… I actually know a really good player, who’s mom despised Tyler Seguin and Tom Wilson, simply because they beat her kid out years ago.. She still makes derogatory comments about them on FB…

Is it something like that?

He’s a 23 year old hockey player. Just trying to make it in the NHL. A player who took major steps last season, and had a really good preseason too.

I think he’s just made a whole lot of people Veleno fans, just so he has a major meltdown…

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I think Veleno was one of those players who physically matured long before other kids in junior. He stood out and got exceptional status.

He has actually played better this pre-season, but he is never going to be a first or second line center. His hockey senses never fully developed. If he figures out how to win a face off, he could be a useful fourth liner. If.....

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
OP doesn't really seem to have been much of a Veleno fan before the stomp either:
I think we've all noticed the obsession that gritdash60 has with Veleno, but I never realized it was this bad. This collection you have here from pre-stomp, and now this new thread dedicated to StompGate. This borders on psychotic.

All work and no play makes Joe Veleno a dull boy.

(gritdash60 comes busting through my laptop screen with an axe)

Reactions: Kennedys

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
man veleno sucks

Nice game and start to the year, he had a couple of beautiful feeds for those goals but he has looked strong to start the year. He's only going to get better, I'd be willing to bet he scores 15-20 this season.

23 is so young, some of these guys get wrote off before they can barely buy a beer in some countries.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I “get” fans who rip players like Larkin, because he makes a lot of money… I get why some people rip players like Chiarot, because he does make vital mistakes, and he’s blocking a young player… and I get why some would rip on a Bertuzzi for wanting so much money but he’s always hurt and taking bad penalties….. Don’t agree with their fascinations, but I get why they think the way they do…

What has Joe Veleno done to this guy’s Cheerios??

Did he not sign his jersey at the supermarket? Did he buy his childhood home, so he lost free rent in his mother’s basement?? Does he just hate Quebec? One of those fascist things?? Did he beat his kid out, on an Atom team 15 years ago???

Lol funny story… I actually know a really good player, who’s mom despised Tyler Seguin and Tom Wilson, simply because they beat her kid out years ago.. She still makes derogatory comments about them on FB…

Is it something like that?

He’s a 23 year old hockey player. Just trying to make it in the NHL. A player who took major steps last season, and had a really good preseason too.

I think he’s just made a whole lot of people Veleno fans, just so he has a major meltdown…
I’m one of those who are coming around on him…So far he has looked good with the ice time he’s been given.

Reactions: Petes2424

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad