Value of: Joe Veleno for what?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I’m one of those who are coming around on him…So far he has looked good with the ice time he’s been given.
Think a lot of Detroit fans forgot what it was like to wait for players to develop. They were good to great teams and then suddenly Datsyuk appeared, or Kronwall, or whomever. What they weren’t doing back then was having to wait for them to develop because the team was good/great and they didn’t have to watch crap hockey.. year after year, waiting impatiently. Nobody was watching those players at 19-20-21.

I do think there’s something to that.

Those players wouldn’t have been what they were at 19-20 either. If nobody had ever seen Veleno before this year, they’d be saying, crap, we got a really good young player. He’s only 23.

Just scored another goal right now too.

Watch what people are like when Buchelnikov suddenly appears out of nowhere in a couple of years. He’ll never be called a bust like Rasmussen and Veleno had to put up with, when they shouldn’t have been playing in the NHL yet, but the Wings didn’t have a choice.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
So you think a clown who tries to end another players career by stomping on his ankle with his skate is "i think this guy f***ed this guys gf"? Ok cool, we have very different way of viewing hockey and life.

Lets speak about me being a "jealous of Veleno" and all that. Have you people actually seen what this clown did?

I don’t think he did it on purpose more of a heat of the moment thing caused by adrenaline

Nov 9, 2022
Gritdash60.jpg

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
I think we've all noticed the obsession that gritdash60 has with Veleno, but I never realized it was this bad. This collection you have here from pre-stomp, and now this new thread dedicated to StompGate. This borders on psychotic.

All work and no play makes Joe Veleno a dull boy.

(gritdash60 comes busting through my laptop screen with an axe)

I think Veleno watched The Shining

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
Think a lot of Detroit fans forgot what it was like to wait for players to develop. They were good to great teams and then suddenly Datsyuk appeared, or Kronwall, or whomever. What they weren’t doing back then was having to wait for them to develop because the team was good/great and they didn’t have to watch crap hockey.. year after year, waiting impatiently. Nobody was watching those players at 19-20-21.

I do think there’s something to that.

Those players wouldn’t have been what they were at 19-20 either. If nobody had ever seen Veleno before this year, they’d be saying, crap, we got a really good young player. He’s only 23.

Just scored another goal right now too.

Watch what people are like when Buchelnikov suddenly appears out of nowhere in a couple of years. He’ll never be called a bust like Rasmussen and Veleno had to put up with, when they shouldn’t have been playing in the NHL yet, but the Wings didn’t have a choice.

I agree with this, big time. We have been spoiled. Veleno is looking like a keeper.

Reactions: Petes2424

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
One interesting side note - might be helpful for trivia night, perhaps - is that is surname in Italian means “poison“ or “venom.“ (poisonous or venomous would be “velenoso.“)

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
He's been really good. Keeps his feet moving. Obviously has been lucky with shooting but you can just see he's playing with so much more confidence. Dare I say he could be a middle six center rather than topping out as a 3C type?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad