Value of: Joe Veleno for what?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He was supposed to be a heady, two-way center.

And the blames not all on him! What a clown job by Detroit. What a joke
I mean, let’s be honest here. He was the #30 pick in an absolutely trash draft in 2018. The amount of guys who were picked ahead of him who are already total busts or have just started their waiver wire journey this off-season is astonishing.

Even as a hyped prospect before he started to fall his draft year, a lot of scouts had serious problems with projecting Veleno as anything but a milquetoast NHLer. It wasn’t a great pick by Detroit but I have a hard time admonishing the Wings that much given this draft.

2018 Draft was just...WOOF

OPfJF86.png

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
All of sudden Detroit has some high end forwards and you get cocky and are ready to dispose of very young forwards
If Veleno is "high end forward" red wings is in big trouble. Dude is a f***ing bum.

If Veleno is "high end forward" red wings is in big trouble. Dude is a f***ing bum.
I really hope Veleno gets buried to the AHL and when he cant even play there Stevie Y tells him to hang his skates, hes a f***ing clown.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
All of sudden Detroit has some high end forwards and you get cocky and are ready to dispose of very young forwards
It’s been 5 years. Veleno is what he is. He’s not that young at all anymore and NHL teams are disposing of 2018 first rounders left and right. Veleno is the forward version of Jacob Bernard-Docker except he has one of the most idiotic brain-dead plays I’ve ever seen on ice from this spring on his resume (although that’s not what is keeping him on the fringe in Detroit - that’s due to a bunch of new UFA signings and better talent coming through the system).

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
I’m saying now that you guys have high end forwards, which you guys do, you are very reluctant on giving projects a chance

It’s been 5 years. Veleno is what he is. He’s not that young at all anymore and NHL teams are disposing of 2018 first rounders left and right. Veleno is the forward version of Jacob Bernard-Docker.
fair enough.

Reactions: BKarchitect

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I’m saying now that you guys have high end forwards, which you guys do, you are very reluctant on giving projects a chance

fair enough.
Veleno is a bum, he will never be a good NHL player and he also is a clown. This clown tried to end someone elses career by stomping on his leg. f***ing clown shouldnt even be playing but be thinking what a clown he is on the bench.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I mean, let’s be honest here. He was the #30 pick in an absolutely trash draft in 2018. The amount of guys who were picked ahead of him who are already total busts or have just started their waiver wire journey this off-season is astonishing.

Even as a hyped prospect before he started to fall his draft year, a lot of scouts had serious problems with projecting Veleno as anything but a milquetoast NHLer. It wasn’t a great pick by Detroit but I have a hard time admonishing the Wings that much given this draft.

2018 Draft was just...WOOF

OPfJF86.png

it’s typical draft year. After around pick 22/23 it becomes very hit/ miss on picks and not many above replacement players.

I think the best F passed on in terms of results is shatangovich

most players past 3rd round are europe/ college players who are likely still in AHL and on ELCs so jury still out on some players who could develop this year.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Veleno is a bum, he will never be a good NHL player and he also is a clown. This clown tried to end someone elses career by stomping on his leg. f***ing clown shouldnt even be playing but be thinking what a clown he is on the bench.
Are you talking about the Niederreiter incident or was there another one?

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Is this based on the incident in the Spring or has he done something else dumb since then?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Sure he’s talking about the Niederreiter leg stomp.

When Niederreiter and the fellas from the peg catch up with Veleno there’s gonna be hell to pay.

Nino has October 26th marked on the calendar.
Meh. He talked to Niederreiter afterwards and apologized. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for one incident but if it happened again I'd want him kicked out of the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad