Jim Rutherford goes on Vancouver radio, blasts team's structure and throws Boudreau under the bus several times

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Jimmy is gonna hit them fried chicken joints super hard in Vancouver tonight..

JR is a jackass. He showed blind faith for Sullivan who has slowly destroyed this team for 6yrs straight and now hates on Boudreau because the idiot he stole from the Pens (thank you btw) was never ready to be GM and never fixed the joke of a defense in Vancouver and because of the cap, dumped away depth in the bottom 6 they needed to hang on to...right.

I'm a pens fan defending Bruce. Feels weird.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
What exactly did he say? Or is this threads discussion just going to be off an interpretation? To me, 15-20 times seems like a huge exaggeration without direct quotes

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
What exactly did he say? Or is this threads discussion just going to be off an interpretation?
I mean the tweet is right in the first post.

Here: Sportsnet 650

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

This is going to light the Vancouver market on fire. :eek3:

Audio here: Canucks Central

Although as a Canucks fan this is really disappointing to hear, the reality is that several of Bruce’s lineup decisions have frustrated even the most optimistic of us.

I was so happy for the changes & leading the Boudreau cheering section after he was hired.

However, as much as I’ve enjoyed his Press Conferences & Interviews with his ability to relate, I‘m coming to think a change is needed.

I have questions about Jim Rutherford & the direction this new management group has taken, but I just want a Team that I can cheer for again with some hope on the horizon.

Thank you for posting this interview @Marc the Habs Fan . Again, not easy to listen to, but appreciate the information.

Hopefully brighter days are ahead in the not too distant future.

Last edited:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Look up.

That was not linked in the OP or tweet, it was just referenced. My point is don't rush to post a tweet exaggerating a claim 15-20 times in an interview without linking the actual source

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Jimmy is gonna hit them fried chicken joints super hard in Vancouver tonight..

JR is a jackass. He showed blind faith for Sullivan who has slowly destroyed this team for 6yrs straight and now hates on Boudreau because the idiot he stole from the Pens (thank you btw) was never ready to be GM and never fixed the joke of a defense in Vancouver and because of the cap, dumped away depth in the bottom 6 they needed to hang on to...right.

I'm a pens fan defending Bruce. Feels weird.
Old boys club ....JR isnt the only one in it. Burke and Hextall are doubling down on Sullivan even though he lost 5 straight play off series followed up with a 7 game skid mark (and counting ) with a new extension too boot. If JR is a Jack ass for keeping Sullivan .......Hextall is the dump the jack ass took upon leaving Steeltown ha !!

Some guys keep their jobs longer than they probably deserve simply because they are buddies with the boss......nothing more

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Then fire him Jim. You're the guy ostensibly in charge right?

Maybe they need a couple more AGMs.

speculation is that ownership won't let him. either because they don't want to pay a 3rd coach this season (travis green is still on the payroll) or because they bought into the bruce there it is garbage

jp tried real hard to trash boudreau every chance he got when boudreau was deciding whether or not to exercise his option

Reactions: CanuckCity

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Although as a Canucks fan this is really disappointing to hear, the reality is that several of Bruce’s lineup decisions have frustrated even the most optimistic of us.

I was so happy for the changes & leading the Boudreau cheering section after he was hired.

However, as much as I’ve enjoyed his Press Conferences & Interviews with his ability to relate, I‘m coming to think a change is needed.

I have questions about Jim Rutherford & the direction this new management group has taken, but I just want a Team that I can cheer for again with some hope on the horizon.

Thank you for posting this interview @Marc the Habs Fan . Again, not easy to listen to, but appreciate the information.

Hopefully brighter days are ahead in the not too distant future.
I mean he loses who - Hamonic, Dickinson etc and he has to move players that don't fit into those roles, into those roles and hope it works. JR/Allvin did nothing to really help Bruce this season. They kept Miller, added two wingers and then took away some responsibility on defense in the process because of the crappy cap situation they're in.

How is that Bruce's fault?

Way to put Alvin in a shitty spot. quality guy there.
Even funnier when JR is Alvin's mentor, he was never close to being ready. He just plucked his yes man and called it a win.

From the front page you can only see “Jim Rutherford goes“ before you click on this board.

i was really hoping it was going to say “bananas”
JR lost his bananas years ago.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Jimmy being the opposite of Lou!! Airing everything out and letting his cards show lol guy just burnt down the Carter!

Paraphrasing but this is. Amazing lol “ we want to keep our captain but if he keeps being a good player we’re going to trade him” lol

Reactions: NHL WAR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad