Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Krauser

Oct 3, 2017
Kevin He having one hell of a draft+1 season so far.

Impressive production:

He has 14 points in 5 games -- 2.8 PPG. Last year, he scored at 0.83 PPG.

He's 2nd in the OHL in scoring, behind only 2025 draft eligible Porter Martone, who has 16 points in 6 games.

He leads the OHL with 32 shots on goal in 5 games, averaging 6.4 SOG per game. Last year, He averaged 4.4 SOG per game.

Niagara have scored 24 goals, so He has points on 58.3% of the team's goals (14/24).

9 of He's 14 points have come at even strength (1.8 even strength PPG). He has 1 power-play goal, 1 short-handed goal, 2 assists on the power-play and 1 assist on an empty net goal.

All 7 of He's assists have been primary assists.

Last edited:

Shlep

Sep 13, 2024
Impressive production:

He has 14 points in 5 games -- 2.8 PPG. Last year, he scored at 0.83 PPG.

He's 2nd in the OHL in scoring, behind only 2025 draft eligible Porter Martone, who has 16 points in 6 games.

He leads the OHL with 32 shots on goal in 5 games, averaging 6.4 SOG per game. Last year, He averaged 4.4 SOG per game.

Niagara have scored 24 goals, so He has points on 58.3% of the team's goals (14/24).

9 of He's 14 points have come at even strength (1.8 even strength PPG). He has 1 power-play goal, 1 short-handed goal, 2 assists on the power-play and 1 assist on an empty net goal.

All 7 of He's assists have been primary assists.
I'll be happy if he can finish around 1.5 points per game. Guy plays a simple buzzsaw game, putting up numbers with that style combined with his size is really impressive.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
My hot take of the day... Yager will play in an NHL playoff game before McGroarty.

Watching the first 3 Pens games, if I were a Pens fan, I'd be very nervous wondering if father time has finally caught Malkin/Crosby... they don't look as dominant as before.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Watched the 3rd and end of 2nd of Moose Jaw game and oof that was some terrible hockey... barely any shots from Moose Jaw trailing by 1 in the 3rd... dumb penalties and constant misplays of the puck.

Interestingly there is a guy called Kovacevic that plays on Yager's liner, wonder if there is any relation to Johnny.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Watched the 3rd and end of 2nd of Moose Jaw game and oof that was some terrible hockey... barely any shots from Moose Jaw trailing by 1 in the 3rd... dumb penalties and constant misplays of the puck.

Interestingly there is a guy called Kovacevic that plays on Yager's liner, wonder if there is any relation to Johnny.
Ya, the quicker Yager can move on to a better team this year, and then the Moose next year, the better for his development. Going back to Jr as a 19 year old can be a tough pill and especially when the player needs a bit stiffer competition to continue to improve.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets need a prospect or two that rockets up to top line / first D pairing level the way Morrissey, Scheifele, Connor and Ehlers did. It's a long shot for the current prospect pool, but there are some possibilities.

The other option is to build on depth of talent, but it's hard to be a cup contender without elite talent. Maybe the champion Blues and the current Canes are examples to follow.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Jets need a prospect or two that rockets up to top line / first D pairing level the way Morrissey, Scheifele, Connor and Ehlers did. It's a long shot for the current prospect pool, but there are some possibilities.

The other option is to build on depth of talent, but it's hard to be a cup contender without elite talent. Maybe the champion Blues and the current Canes are examples to follow.
This is going to sound awful, but I think the only way that happens is if Helle has a season ending injury and we fall in the standings to a point where we get a top 5-10 pick out of it

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This is going to sound awful, but I think the only way that happens is if Helle has a season ending injury and we fall in the standings to a point where we get a top 5-10 pick out of it

I wouldn't say the only way, but certainly the more usual way. There are always a few players taken later who rocket up to the top. It could happen.

I think we have some potential for that in our present group. Maybe not likely, but possible.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Possibly, though Morrissey and Connor were selected in the teens and Scheifele was ranked in the mid-teens. Then you see some major hits in the late first and second, like Hintz and JEE and Robertson.

I'm hoping Yager and Lambert move into a top tier and maybe Salomonsson can become a Pesce level of RD or better.

Even better might be an unlikely lower pick like He or Walton becoming a top-end prospect.

Reactions: Buffdog

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Possibly, though Morrissey and Connor were selected in the teens and Scheifele was ranked in the mid-teens. Then you see some major hits in the late first and second, like Hintz and JEE and Robertson.

I'm hoping Yager and Lambert move into a top tier and maybe Salomonsson can become a Pesce level of RD or better.

Even better might be an unlikely lower pick like He or Walton becoming a top-end prospect.
Connor falling to us was a combo of a very deep draft and massive incompetence by thr Bruins. Yes, it could happen for us again but the stars would have to line up perfectly

I think the way forward is a deep and talented (but maybe unspectacular) F and D group and hopefully Milic or DD develop into something that is above average to great

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad