Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ehlers was a weird year.

He played a lot with Scheifele and Perreault and played very well iirc, then production slowed so got rookied while other struggling players stayed in their positions, then after Ladd was traded and Little got hurt they put together Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler and they dominated.

Kind of like Perfetti but injuries and trades let him step back in to a role he should be in while Bowness doubled down and called up an AHLer to play above him.

He also absolutely deserved to be on the team though. Just like Laine did, just like Connor did even before his 4 game AHL stint that turned him from a cut into 30 goal scorer.

Not the way I remember it. Not disputing your details, but watching him that year, he was clearly not ready, IMO at the time.

Connor did not deserve to be there b4 his 4 game AHL stint. His TC was bad. He was taking his spot for granted. 4 games in the AHL was the wake up call he needed. It wasn't about any number of games, as shown by 4 games. It was that he got sent down. Came back with a good attitude and hasn't looked back.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Not the way I remember it. Not disputing your details, but watching him that year, he was clearly not ready, IMO at the time.

Connor did not deserve to be there b4 his 4 game AHL stint. His TC was bad. He was taking his spot for granted. 4 games in the AHL was the wake up call he needed. It wasn't about any number of games, as shown by 4 games. It was that he got sent down. Came back with a good attitude and hasn't looked back.
Connor even said this himself at the time and acknowledged he deserved to be sent down.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I think in most cases, it benefits a prospect to be dominant at a level. In fact, i think that Lambert lighting up the WHL for half a season was a huge part of his development. Barlow could be poised to have a monster year in the OHL

The only downside is a player being so good at the junior level that they develop bad habits that need to get coached put of them at the pro level

Was wondering about Barlow, too. He's too young for the AHL but if he doesn't make the Jets seems like there's not much more he can do in junior.

Is Europe on a loan an option?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Was wondering about Barlow, too. He's too young for the AHL but if he doesn't make the Jets seems like there's not much more he can do in junior.

He needs another year in Junior. He needs to be a dominate force for his team and he needs to make team Canada. Going to Europe as a 19 year old and playing 4th line minutes won't do anything for him

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Some people think he has nothing left to prove in the CHL but I don't think he is too good for the CHL. European league would only be an option if he had a Marner/Ehlers type D+1 over 2 PPG season but couldn't play in the NHL. He is far from that level of prospect.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
As usual, I didn’t see anything that Barlow did to make him stick out above the rest.
At least he doesn’t appear to avoid physical contact.
The between the legs pass would have been a beauty assist...His shot is what sticks out...18 goals in 19 games coming back from injury last year in the OHL...Then you look at the one timer he scored on the Moose with the assist from Heinola...That's a big league finish, and goal scorers don't need to be the best skaters.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Our prospect pool lacks the high end pedigree which makes sense since we haven’t drafting high since Laine.

Can we get lucky YES, will it take luck YES. I look at Lambert a bit like Roslo at the same age (hopefully Brad pans out better), McGroarty is a good prospect but once I factor in the probability he’s moving on then I am somewhat ignoring him now. That leaves Salamonsson who I am excited about but it’s going to take a bit of luck still.

There are worse prospect pools out there but without McGroaty we are probably lower middle of the NHL pack now. I don’t mind our depth but we are missing #1 and maybe #2. If we had one high end blue chip future #1 centre type prospect at the top of our pool I would feel really optimistic.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Our prospect pool lacks the high end pedigree which makes sense since we haven’t drafting high since Laine.

Can we get lucky YES, will it take luck YES. I look at Lambert a bit like Roslo at the same age (hopefully Brad pans out better), McGroarty is a good prospect but once I factor in the probability he’s moving on then I am somewhat ignoring him now. That leaves Salamonsson who I am excited about but it’s going to take a bit of luck still.

There are worse prospect pools out there but without McGroaty we are probably lower middle of the NHL pack now. I don’t mind our depth but we are missing #1 and maybe #2. If we had one high end blue chip future #1 centre type prospect at the top of our pool I would feel really optimistic.
Just my opinion but I’d argue that Lambert is a significantly better prospect than Roslovic was at the same age. I think we got lucky that he dropped as far as he did in the draft.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just my opinion but I’d argue that Lambert is a significantly better prospect than Roslovic was at the same age. I think we got lucky that he dropped as far as he did in the draft.

I am hoping it turns out that way but Jack was a good prospect he just came along at a bad time and he didn’t keep developing for some reason. Lambert had a slightly better draft + 2 season but Roslo was the Moose’s leading scorer that year so that was the closest comp I could think of “at the same age”.

I agree we got lucky Lambert dropped to us.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

For a bit more clarity I am not saying Brad will end up like Jack or at least I sure hope not. I liked Rosolvic as a prospect after his draft + 2 season and was hoping for more out of him than he gave us. I think Lambert is a bit better at the same age and I am hope he has a positive impact in our top 6 at some point.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
For a bit more clarity I am not saying Brad will end up like Jack or at least I sure hope not. I liked Rosolvic as a prospect after his draft + 2 season and was hoping for more out of him than he gave us. I think Lambert is a bit better at the same age and I am hope he has a positive impact in our top 6 at some point.
Lambert’s point total is a fair amount better in the AHL draft+2. 55 points in 62 games compared to 48 points in 65 games for Roslovic. But for me Lambert’s near perfect skating stride and quickness give him a chance to hit a high ceiling. IMO He is a kid you make room for this season as his growth has been significant over the last 2 years. Just maybe he becomes that top 5 level pick he was projected to be as a 17 y/o.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lambert’s point total is a fair amount better in the AHL draft+2. 55 points in 62 games compared to 48 points in 65 games for Roslovic. But for me Lambert’s near perfect skating stride and quickness give him a chance to hit a high ceiling. IMO He is a kid you make room for this season as his growth has been significant over the last 2 years. Just maybe he becomes that top 5 level pick he was projected to be as a 17 y/o.

Have you had a chance to watch him much? I didn’t watch the Moose much at all this season.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Have you had a chance to watch him much? I didn’t watch the Moose much at all this season.
Only a couple times, but I’ve tried to see as many highlights as I can. From what I’ve seen he looks ready for the jump and I think the organization needs to start moving in their top prospects. I’d like to see Heinola and Lambert this season and Chib and Salo next. Just my opinion but we are at the point where we need to accelerate the introduction of our best prospects if they are to hit while our older core are still in their primes.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Only a couple times, but I’ve tried to see as many highlights as I can. From what I’ve seen he looks ready for the jump and I think the organization needs to start moving in their top prospects. I’d like to see Heinola and Lambert this season and Chib and Salo next. Just my opinion but we are at the point where we need to accelerate the introduction of our best prospects if they are to hit while our older core are still in their primes.

Yea I agree we need that ELC leverage. Hopefully the prospects deliver.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
The Jets had until August 15th to sign a pair of draft picks or else they’d lose exclusive signing rights to them. That deadline has come and gone and neither Logan Neaton or Harrison Blaisdell have signed with Winnipeg. The pair were both selected back in 2019 in the 5th round.
Our loss is McDonald’s manager training program’s gain……..

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
1724523599426.png
Logan Neaton's NCAA stats....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad