Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ehlers was a weird year.

He played a lot with Scheifele and Perreault and played very well iirc, then production slowed so got rookied while other struggling players stayed in their positions, then after Ladd was traded and Little got hurt they put together Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler and they dominated.

Kind of like Perfetti but injuries and trades let him step back in to a role he should be in while Bowness doubled down and called up an AHLer to play above him.

He also absolutely deserved to be on the team though. Just like Laine did, just like Connor did even before his 4 game AHL stint that turned him from a cut into 30 goal scorer.

Not the way I remember it. Not disputing your details, but watching him that year, he was clearly not ready, IMO at the time.

Connor did not deserve to be there b4 his 4 game AHL stint. His TC was bad. He was taking his spot for granted. 4 games in the AHL was the wake up call he needed. It wasn't about any number of games, as shown by 4 games. It was that he got sent down. Came back with a good attitude and hasn't looked back.

Reactions: KingBogo

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Not the way I remember it. Not disputing your details, but watching him that year, he was clearly not ready, IMO at the time.

Connor did not deserve to be there b4 his 4 game AHL stint. His TC was bad. He was taking his spot for granted. 4 games in the AHL was the wake up call he needed. It wasn't about any number of games, as shown by 4 games. It was that he got sent down. Came back with a good attitude and hasn't looked back.
Connor even said this himself at the time and acknowledged he deserved to be sent down.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I think in most cases, it benefits a prospect to be dominant at a level. In fact, i think that Lambert lighting up the WHL for half a season was a huge part of his development. Barlow could be poised to have a monster year in the OHL

The only downside is a player being so good at the junior level that they develop bad habits that need to get coached put of them at the pro level

Was wondering about Barlow, too. He's too young for the AHL but if he doesn't make the Jets seems like there's not much more he can do in junior.

Is Europe on a loan an option?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Was wondering about Barlow, too. He's too young for the AHL but if he doesn't make the Jets seems like there's not much more he can do in junior.

He needs another year in Junior. He needs to be a dominate force for his team and he needs to make team Canada. Going to Europe as a 19 year old and playing 4th line minutes won't do anything for him

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

Some people think he has nothing left to prove in the CHL but I don't think he is too good for the CHL. European league would only be an option if he had a Marner/Ehlers type D+1 over 2 PPG season but couldn't play in the NHL. He is far from that level of prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad