Prospect Info: Jets Prospects at the '22 World Junior Hockey Championship

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Knies (USA) looks like a very soldier 2nd round pick for the Leafs.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Where does Lucius rank on this US team? Is he on the 2nd, 3rd line?

He was the 13th forward in their exhibition game but he was on the PP2 unit tonight so far. I haven’t seen much of the period yet so I don’t know what line Chaz is on?

None

Feb 22, 2012
Where does Lucius rank on this US team? Is he on the 2nd, 3rd line?

He was slotting in on the 1st line during camp but was on the 3rd/4th during the pre-tournament game. The lines haven't been static at all though.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Should I be worried that Perfetti is not best on Canada despite being the oldest?
Powers and Mctavish have both been more impressive.

He's also playing with the two youngest players on the team. I thought he was juat as good if not better then McTavish myself, he just doesn't play as flashy as of game.

Well Power is a 6"6 number 1 overall dmen that has had multiple comparisons to Headmon. No shame in in taking a back seat to him.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Lucius draws back to back penalties then gets on the PP unit that draws first blood.

What a dumb first penalty by the Slovaks as it was well away from the play. It got the Americans going after the Slovaks had the better of the first 10 minutes.

Reactions: ps241

None

Feb 22, 2012
Should I be worried that Perfetti is not best on Canada despite being the oldest?
Powers and Mctavish have both been more impressive.

I think I'm more concerned about the big picture of Jets scouts seemingly not valuing skating ability very highly. I think you could knock all 3 of the Jets highest picks in '19, '20, and '21 for their skating.

Reactions: hn777

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think I'm more concerned about the big picture of Jets scouts seemingly not valuing skating ability very highly. I think you could knock all 3 of the Jets highest picks in '19, '20, and '21 for their skating.
Also ves and Stan aren’t burners either.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Also ves and Stan aren’t burners either.

Yeah, I have no doubt that players like Heinola and Perfetti will succeed at the highest level but I still have concerns that their skating is going to hold them back.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yeah, I have no doubt that players like Heinola and Perfetti will succeed at the highest level but I still have concerns that their skating is going to hold them back.
So the question is what are they drafting for? What are they valuing? Character? Guys who will play for wpg? IQ?

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
He's also playing with the two youngest players on the team. I thought he was juat as good if not better then McTavish myself, he just doesn't play as flashy as of game.

Well Power is a 6"6 number 1 overall dmen that has had multiple comparisons to Headmon. No shame in in taking a back seat to him.
A three point night isn’t good or…? Lol, Perfetti was one of the best players on the ice tonight.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I think they just value things like IQ more. Where they were picking in each of those drafts I would rather they go for smarts and skill then for speed and low skill/IQ which is what was available at each pick. Who drafted immediately after each was a highly skilled burner? The only one I can think of behind Cole was Jarvis. No one really comes to mind behind Lucious and Tomasiano behind Ville. There has to be an elite skating highly skilled guy on the board. The Jets are more then happy to draft those guys when they are available like with Conner and Ehlers.

But having said that I was lukewarm on the Lucious pick at best and would have rather gone in a different direction there myself.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
A three point night isn’t good or…? Lol, Perfetti was one of the best players on the ice tonight.

Yeah I thought he was a top 3 player on his team tonight, exactly what should be expected of him. Not sure why people are worried here about a number 1 overall pick having a better game and a top 3 pick having a similar caliber game as him.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think they just value things like IQ more. Where they were picking in each of those drafts I would rather they go for smarts and skill then for speed and low skill/IQ which is what was available at each pick. Who drafted immediately after each was a highly skilled burner? The only one I can think of behind Cole was Jarvis. No one really comes to mind behind Lucious and Tomasiano behind Ville. There has to be an elite skating highly skilled guy on the board. The Jets are more then happy to draft those guys when they are available like with Conner and Ehlers.

But having said that I was lukewarm on the Lucious pick at best and would have rather gone in a different direction there myself.
Who would you have picked over ves?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yeah I thought he was a top 3 player on his team tonight, exactly what should be expected of him. Not sure why people are worried here about a number 1 overall pick having a better game and a top 3 pick having a similar caliber game as him.
Only reason it’s an issue is he’s a year older.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Only reason it’s an issue is he’s a year older.

Its only game 1 though and he's tied for the tournament lead in scoring I believe. Why don't we wait until its done before passing judgement. People place way too much stock in the small sample nature of this tournament, his dominance over a larger period of games in the AHL is more indicative of where he's at imo.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Perfetti's passing and hands on full display tonight, as one would expect.

Will be honest though, was hoping to see more progress in terms of his speed and explosiveness however, he still seems to struggle hanging onto the puck and creating any gap through the neutral zone and I'm not sure I would have really noticed him out there at 5v5 if he wasn't a Jets prospect (assist aside).

Reactions: Adam da bomb

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Who would you have picked over ves?

No idea as there aren't that many players that I liked drafted behind him that are doing much of anything in the NHL. That is sometimes what you get drafting at the end of the first round.

Also if you are expecting him to blitz guys wide that has never been his game. His game is based on deception and making the puck do the work. He transitions predominantly through passing and then opening up for the return feed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam da bomb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad