Jets possibly doing a jersey rebrand, alternates could become new home uniforms

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I really thought they'd use the originals when the team was reintroduced. But the new logo is clever because it uses the old Canadian air force logo. It digs deep.

Some concepts

jets_4x.png

Dunno about this Mig 23

3cfcb314301353.560366bb3ed41.jpg
Maybe an F-111 Aardvark with wings in back swept position?

The usual Jet used for their current and the above logo always reminds me of an F-5 Tiger.

Reactions: Brookbank

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Driving around this city the past few weeks the logo should simply be a giant pothole.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I love the Jets' current logo. Definitely shouldn't change it.

Not a Jets fan but I agree.

Personally, I'm over the whole "let's revert to what we wore in 1989" look, posters here complain about "outdated" yet want every team to wear what they wore in 1989. I don't get it.

Reactions: Redpath and ujju2

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
That's pretty f***ing neat
The font is awful and throws it off balance, too many loose items and the color harmony is off as well. But I guess it does somehow demonstrate that the outdated 90s logo could be updated, whether then the outcome would be satisfactory or not.

kvladimir

Dec 1, 2010
To me, this is not an improvement.

The current set is not bad, it’s just a bit bland in a corporate kind of way. It’s what you would get if you asked an insurance company to design a uniform. Nice and clean, very pro-looking, but no personality.

The old logo is a 1970s aesthetic disaster. I have no idea what people see in it. The jersey set quoted above is fine in a vacuum, but in an NHL context it’s a Rangers copycat. The actual old jerseys were much better except for the awful logo.

IMO they should either combine the best elements of old and new, or just scrap the whole thing and start over with a new identity altogether. They can always roll out retro jerseys as an alt a few times a year. Playing to nostalgia only goes so far, especially when the nostalgia is for an era of perpetual mediocrity.
100%, could not agree more. I have always had this particular hot take when it comes to the Jets: they have never, ever had a good logo OR jersey. You can definitely make something out of some of the elements they have had in the past, but as-is, none of it works, nothing interesting, nothing distinctive.

My idea for a Jets logo / jersey set is bound to be controversial, but here we go. Obviously, making them purple and red is just my personal desire for them to have a unique colour scheme rather than blue, red, white, or navy, powder blue, white (was overused around the time they adopted it). I'm not a logo designer, so the simple logo here could 100% be improved on, but not by me :P And yes, the alternate is pretty close to the 80s set, but with a nice twist. I'd be open to a different logo there too, certainly...

zNqk4h7.png

Victorias

May 1, 2022
I don't see what is so bad about the 90s logo.
Let’s start with this?

That has to be the worst excuse for a “jet” I’ve ever seen.

I had both old logos on my wall growing up, so I fully appreciate the nostalgia. But they desperately need modernization. At least the 70’s one is a tribute to the original WHA Jets, and they are a 70’s team, so nothing wrong with looking like it. The 90’s striping and colors are great but that logo is god awful.

I personally wish they would go to aviator/arctic blue as their primary color - something no one else wears. But the heritage unis are extremely popular and that’s all that matters in the end.

Rebrand the team and then rebrand the roster please.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I like the Jets current logo but I find our jerseys to be bland.

I never liked the baby blue.

When the Heritage Jerseys debuted, the red made the jersey eye catching.

Some mixture of the Heritage design and colors with a modern logo would be fine with me.

These images were produced by @WPGChief .

izgTHFH.png

TbUUrWj.png

If they go with the Heritage colors then they can return the Manitoba Moose logo to brown.

Moose-Jaw-hockey.jpg

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The Heritage jerseys with the RCAF style logo works for me. Beautiful jerseys.

The alternate light blue need some work. Personally, I would like to see a variation of the auction jerseys they wore for Winnipeg Aboriginal Sport Achievement Center.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
To me, this is not an improvement.

The current set is not bad, it’s just a bit bland in a corporate kind of way. It’s what you would get if you asked an insurance company to design a uniform. Nice and clean, very pro-looking, but no personality.

The old logo is a 1970s aesthetic disaster. I have no idea what people see in it. The jersey set quoted above is fine in a vacuum, but in an NHL context it’s a Rangers copycat. The actual old jerseys were much better except for the awful logo.

IMO they should either combine the best elements of old and new, or just scrap the whole thing and start over with a new identity altogether. They can always roll out retro jerseys as an alt a few times a year. Playing to nostalgia only goes so far, especially when the nostalgia is for an era of perpetual mediocrity.

The 70s Jets are a direct copy of the New York Rangers look. John Ferguson Sr took the whole look from Manhattan to Manitoba. As an 80s, 90s kid I prefer the Selanne era look.

1683481848418.png

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Maybe an F-111 Aardvark with wings in back swept position?

The usual Jet used for their current and the above logo always reminds me of an F-5 Tiger.
Yes. I knew someone who knew their planes would say that. The tail looks a bit Mig though

But at least they got it right on the actual logo. Its a Hornet

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Let’s start with this?

That has to be the worst excuse for a “jet” I’ve ever seen.

I had both old logos on my wall growing up, so I fully appreciate the nostalgia. But they desperately need modernization. At least the 70’s one is a tribute to the original WHA Jets, and they are a 70’s team, so nothing wrong with looking like it. The 90’s striping and colors are great but that logo is god awful.

I personally wish they would go to aviator/arctic blue as their primary color - something no one else wears. But the heritage unis are extremely popular and that’s all that matters in the end.

Rebrand the team and then rebrand the roster please.

This was definitley my favorite version of the jets logo/jersey. I agree with you about the jet, but it's never bothered me. However, I think they can find a way to upgrade that jet, and still appease the nostalgic fans. It won't take much to make that jet look a bit more jet like.

Reactions: Ibanezrokr

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I like the Jets current logo but I find our jerseys to be bland.

I never liked the baby blue.

When the Heritage Jerseys debuted, the red made the jersey eye catching.

Some mixture of the Heritage design and colors with a modern logo would be fine with me.

These images were produced by @WPGChief .

izgTHFH.png

TbUUrWj.png

If they go with the Heritage colors then they can return the Manitoba Moose logo to brown.

Moose-Jaw-hockey.jpg
This is what they should do. The 80's and 90's logos just aren't very good, wordmark logos suck and they both have just a random plane slapped on the word mark as if they're being forced to acknowledge the name. Their current logo is just fine - the uniform just doesn't pop at all because it has no red.

Reactions: Guardian17

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The blue on the alternates is too dark IMO. I like their traditional home jerseys they've been rocking for 10 years. Unique color set and while yeah it's a little bland aesthetically i like it better than the alts.

Reactions: BLNY

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm pretty against wordmark logos and actually like the Jets current logo, but the entire kit design for the current sets was too bland. The font was modern and lame, and red only featured in the logo itself and not on the uniform which was a missed opportunity. Their alts are nice to look at, even though they are uninspiring from a creativity or originality standpoint.
I’m also not a fan of word mark logos either. NBA has a boatload of them. Never a big fan of the capitals, Islanders, Jets, Oilers. Should be able to tell the team name by just looking at the logo.

For their current logo, it would have been fine with just the jet and the red leaf behind it. Did not need the double circle outline of the white then the blue this making the jet so small.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I like the current mains. RCAF spin. I think they look great in person and on tv - which is part of the point. The current alternates - really dark blue and red with the OG logo - don't have enough contrast imo and it makes the logo hard to see on the screen.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I’d be fine with that. Their main logos always looked like a first draft that got rushed out as the main product after an initial leak. Their thirds are infinitely better in every way.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'm not a fan of the current look but I'm not enthusiastic about adding another blue, red, and white team into the mix. At least there's a history there to justify it, but it's not a huge improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad