Jets possibly doing a jersey rebrand, alternates could become new home uniforms

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Maybe an F-111 Aardvark with wings in back swept position?

The usual Jet used for their current and the above logo always reminds me of an F-5 Tiger.

Yeah. You've gotta get the jet right. Either stylize it so much it doesn't even look like any particular real airplane like some of the way back examples....or have it look like something that makes sense.

An Aardvark is better than a MiG but still makes no sense for Winnipeg/RCAF. There were so many "concepts" drafted around the reintroduction of the Jets using what were clearly MiGs/Sukhois/American jets like F-16s and whatever else.

An F-5 looking thing has grounding as Canada ran CF-5/CF-116 Freedom Fighters for a long time pretty successfully. The current CF-118 derived logo works too. The F-35 is an ugly pig, so i wouldn't recommend transitioning the logo to that.

They should probably just stylize an Avro Arrow. Best option i think.

Or maybe a Bombardier Learjet with those iconic ugly ass wing pontoons. :laugh:

But in any case...talk of a rebranding/shakeup makes a lot of sense for the Jets right now. They're staring down the barrel of a potentially pretty big retooling process. They'll want something to create positive buzz and excitement around the team, to compensate for shipping out of a bunch of bigtime players. If that's what ends up happening...

Reactions: Brookbank

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Yeah. You've gotta get the jet right. Either stylize it so much it doesn't even look like any particular real airplane like some of the way back examples....or have it look like something that makes sense.

An Aardvark is better than a MiG but still makes no sense for Winnipeg/RCAF. There were so many "concepts" drafted around the reintroduction of the Jets using what were clearly MiGs/Sukhois/American jets like F-16s and whatever else.

An F-5 looking thing has grounding as Canada ran CF-5/CF-116 Freedom Fighters for a long time pretty successfully. The current CF-118 derived logo works too. The F-35 is an ugly pig, so i wouldn't recommend transitioning the logo to that.

They should probably just stylize an Avro Arrow. Best option i think.

Or maybe a Bombardier Learjet with those iconic ugly ass wing pontoons. :laugh:

But in any case...talk of a rebranding/shakeup makes a lot of sense for the Jets right now. They're staring down the barrel of a potentially pretty big retooling process. They'll want something to create positive buzz and excitement around the team, to compensate for shipping out of a bunch of bigtime players. If that's what ends up happening...
A googled Avro Arrow silhouette. Turns out someone thought of this already :)

AgtmJN.png

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
A googled Avro Arrow silhouette. Turns out someone thought of this already :)

AgtmJN.png

I'm not sure how successful that specific example is. Some issues with the scaling and the way it makes the maple leaf look kinda spazzed out as a result.

But it's a silhouette that i think would work well. It's a very "simple" stylized profile. Which is also pretty timeless and a symbol of national pride (or consternation). It's not something that'll "go out of service" the way the CF-18 silhouette will.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
100%, could not agree more. I have always had this particular hot take when it comes to the Jets: they have never, ever had a good logo OR jersey. You can definitely make something out of some of the elements they have had in the past, but as-is, none of it works, nothing interesting, nothing distinctive.

My idea for a Jets logo / jersey set is bound to be controversial, but here we go. Obviously, making them purple and red is just my personal desire for them to have a unique colour scheme rather than blue, red, white, or navy, powder blue, white (was overused around the time they adopted it). I'm not a logo designer, so the simple logo here could 100% be improved on, but not by me :P And yes, the alternate is pretty close to the 80s set, but with a nice twist. I'd be open to a different logo there too, certainly...

zNqk4h7.png

The Jets need to get rid of the baby-blue and go back to using red as an accent color.

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
Let’s start with this?

That has to be the worst excuse for a “jet” I’ve ever seen.

I had both old logos on my wall growing up, so I fully appreciate the nostalgia. But they desperately need modernization. At least the 70’s one is a tribute to the original WHA Jets, and they are a 70’s team, so nothing wrong with looking like it. The 90’s striping and colors are great but that logo is god awful.

I personally wish they would go to aviator/arctic blue as their primary color - something no one else wears. But the heritage unis are extremely popular and that’s all that matters in the end.

Rebrand the team and then rebrand the roster please.
looks like a pacifier

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Besides Winnipeg, where have you ever seen anybody wearing a Jets jersey?

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Cool, the heritage ones are awesome although I don't want to see the regular ones completely disappear

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I personally like the white heritage jersey way more then the blue ones. I think they have way more contrast and are sharper. The agree that blues are too dark and harder see the logos and other details. Maybe a lighter shade of with that style.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Jets04.png

Jets10.png

Do you guys prefer their 1980-90 jerseys or the 1990-96 ones?
These are one of my favourite jerseys….

edit I tagged the wrong post …l the 90s were my favorite

is there any part of the Coyote franchise that own these at all? would that have moved with the sale of the franchise? I doubt it but I don’t know

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad