Speculation: 2024-25 Coaching/Management/Ownership

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I agree with this - they're not staying out as high on the points, instead falling back to clog up the middle and support teammates down low, which has the beneficial effect of not getting skated in circles repeatedly. It seems like a modified man and I do think they've been more effective at running it. So credit to the coaching staff for that.

But their breakouts have still been very inconsistent. I hate the Carlyle-esque conga line up the boards where one guy tries to shove the puck through forecheckers to the next guy, who tries to chip it out past the point man. One of the things that impressed me most about Leo last year was his ability to find open players when he jumped on a puck in the d-zone and start a breakout. He hasn't been nearly as good at that this year. It might be small sample size, it might be just a comfort level thing with a new linemate, but I really hope it's not being coached out of him. The Ducks need a transition game to be good. Theirs has been bad since Boudreau. I'm kind of over it.
Yeah the breakouts are rough. We end up just relying on the individual skill of our puck transporters but that doesn’t lend itself to an organized break in. It just leaves Terry or Zegras with no options.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah, the unga-bunga outdated way of entering offensive zone has been very hard to watch (I feel the team have improved in other areas tho).

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Honestly it’s hard to even defend Cronin anymore. Ducks are the most poorly coached team in the league.

How does PV watch this and think, “we’re making progress”
You think it’s just completely system based we are badly being outplayed tonight? I don’t care for Cronin much but the players have to play.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
You think it’s just completely system based we are badly being outplayed tonight? I don’t care for Cronin much but the players have to play.
I don’t disagree but it seems like the players have no idea where to be or how they are supposed to play. And to me, that is on coaching. I have not seen anything that tells me he is a good coach.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I don’t disagree but it seems like the players have no idea where to be or how they are supposed to play. And to me, that is on coaching. I have not seen anything that tells me he is a good coach.
They are NHL players. Hockey systems can only change so much. I’m not saying he’s a good coach but there needs to be more push.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
They are NHL players. Hockey systems can only change so much. I’m not saying he’s a good coach but there needs to be more push.
Again don’t disagree but if the coach is not clear on his instructions or the player is unsure of the system, the player will play slower and more tentative as he tries to be where he is supposed to be. I feel the Ducks don’t know exactly how they are supposed to play so they are half a step slow to everything. And based on Cronins interviews, it does not seem like he has any answers.

Oct 18, 2011
We have an inexperienced but talented team. Yes the avs are better but they shouldn't be twice as many shots better

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
We have an inexperienced but talented team. Yes the avs are better but they shouldn't be twice as many shots better
No but that will happen at times with inexperienced teams.

If it happened for the 4th time this season last night I wouldn’t be as optimistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad