OT: Jets Lounge: Winds of Winter (no Star Wars spoilers!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
New Guardians of the Galaxy trailer.

827382938293.png

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I realize I am in the VAST minority, but I would rather have an MLS team than a CFL team. A CPL team would be cool since the MLS is almost certainly not coming to Winnipeg.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I realize I am in the VAST minority, but I would rather have an MLS team than a CFL team. A CPL team would be cool since the MLS is almost certainly not coming to Winnipeg.

an MLS team would be super cool, and will never happen, unless the MLS changes to a relegation/promotion league with franchises across all of North America.

CPL is a nice secondary prize.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
What a fall from grace. Two seasons ago I won both my fantasy football pool championships and this year it looks like on the last game of the season I will get caught and passed from the last playoff spot in both pools. Serves me right for doing not prep and watching no football. I got a bit complacent and it bit me in the ass.

Ok I did make the playoffs in one of my pools. Still a big wake up call.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

You can thank the CFL for the CPL becoming a thing.

The Canadian Premier League is a proposed fully professional, FIFA-sanctioned soccer league expected to begin play as early as 2018. Six to eight teams owned and operated, at least in part, by a mix of NHL and CFL ownership groups are expected to initially compete in the league

So better cheer on those CFL teams because CPL would not have been created without it and will fold if CFL struggles. Not too mention the stadiums will be co-opted by CPL but only at CFL's permission.

I support having more sporting options. Do not try to turn this as one against the other. I have little to no interest in soccer, but I applaud the CFL and NHL's efforts.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

So better cheer on those CFL teams because CPL would not have been created without it and will fold if CFL struggles. Not too mention the stadiums will be co-opted by CPL but only at CFL's permission.

I support having more sporting options. Do not try to turn this as one against the other. I have little to no interest in soccer, but I applaud the CFL and NHL's efforts.

Yup!

20 years from now, Canada will make the World Cup, and it will be because of stuff like this.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Yup!

20 years from now, Canada will make the World Cup, and it will be because of stuff like this.

Not you too! It was bad enough that the Swedes suddenly think that football is a sport.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

I have to cheer for a CFL team because their owners played a role in the creation of the league? :huh:
I hope I don't have to buy my cars from Birchwood to cheer for the Jets.

As for turning one against the other, I will try whatever I like, thank you very much. :laugh:.
Though, that was not my intent. I merely said I would prefer the MLS to the CFL. People can like whatever leagues they want, I'm not here to denigrate where people watch their football.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Have fun with winter you guys. ;)

That being said I could go for some time in the middle of freezing nowhere again... Might plan a trip to stay with family in Sask one winter, then hit up the bigger cities I never got to last time.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
What a fall from grace. Two seasons ago I won both my fantasy football pool championships and this year it looks like on the last game of the season I will get caught and passed from the last playoff spot in both pools. Serves me right for doing not prep and watching no football. I got a bit complacent and it bit me in the ass.

Ok I did make the playoffs in one of my pools. Still a big wake up call.

My first FF season I started 0-2 and made the championship (and lost :cry:). Second season started 0-4, then was 1-5 and managed to make the playoffs at like 6-7 or something :laugh: made it to week 15. Last year, finally started off with a positive record and finished 10-3. Got the bye... (set my lineup just to see who I would have played, would have beaten every other person in our league). Week 15, I get beat by the one person who had a score to beat me. SMDH!!!

Wasn't going to play again with my buddies but none of them mentioned doing a league this year anyways. The itch took over so I did two online leagues with strangers this year.

In one league I'm 10-3 and in the other I can potentially be 10-3 if TY Hilton out performs Adam Vinatieri tonight (I have a bit of a cushion too).

I love/hate fantasy football.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
My first FF season I started 0-2 and made the championship (and lost :cry:). Second season started 0-4, then was 1-5 and managed to make the playoffs at like 6-7 or something :laugh: made it to week 15. Last year, finally started off with a positive record and finished 10-3. Got the bye... (set my lineup just to see who I would have played, would have beaten every other person in our league). Week 15, I get beat by the one person who had a score to beat me. SMDH!!!

Wasn't going to play again with my buddies but none of them mentioned doing a league this year anyways. The itch took over so I did two online leagues with strangers this year.

In one league I'm 10-3 and in the other I can potentially be 10-3 if TY Hilton out performs Adam Vinatieri tonight (I have a bit of a cushion too).

I love/hate fantasy football.

I've been in the same fantasy league with the same guys for nearly 15 years. Fantasy football in a competitive 12 team league comes down to luck and not much more than that ultimately. Which of they guys you drafted didn't bust, didn't get hurt is all down to luck. Waiver wire? We must have the most active waiver wire group in the world because there's very nearly no one on the wire that's worth picking up week to week. McKinnon, Ware, Asiata were all drafted during the draft, there was no one to grab. Sure, there are some guys out there as the season goes on due to other injuries and they don't step up right off the bat but those are pretty rare in our league as well. Consistent producers? Nowhere to be found at this point and haven't been pretty much since the get go.

I've got a shot this year. First place in our league (not me) will finish is currently 8-4; last playoff spot (8th) is - going to be a 5-7 guy but everyone else making the playoffs is 7-5 prior to tonight's game. But I'm assuming I lost A.J. Green for the year no matter what the Bengals say. My strength will be my RBs - Bell, Gordon and Ware (flex slot) and they were studly last week but can they be for the next three weeks? Tough to say.

The Yahoo review on my team post draft forecast my draft as a D grade. I'm in third at 7-5 (will be 8-5 after tonight both teams are out of players). So the expert review that forecast me to win one game was a wee bit off.

But yeah, love/hate fantasy football is pretty standard. Right there with you.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I've been in the same fantasy league with the same guys for nearly 15 years. Fantasy football in a competitive 12 team league comes down to luck and not much more than that ultimately. Which of they guys you drafted didn't bust, didn't get hurt is all down to luck. Waiver wire? We must have the most active waiver wire group in the world because there's very nearly no one on the wire that's worth picking up week to week. McKinnon, Ware, Asiata were all drafted during the draft, there was no one to grab. Sure, there are some guys out there as the season goes on due to other injuries and they don't step up right off the bat but those are pretty rare in our league as well. Consistent producers? Nowhere to be found at this point and haven't been pretty much since the get go.

I've got a shot this year. First place in our league (not me) will finish is currently 8-4; last playoff spot (8th) is - going to be a 5-7 guy but everyone else making the playoffs is 7-5 prior to tonight's game. But I'm assuming I lost A.J. Green for the year no matter what the Bengals say. My strength will be my RBs - Bell, Gordon and Ware (flex slot) and they were studly last week but can they be for the next three weeks? Tough to say.

The Yahoo review on my team post draft forecast my draft as a D grade. I'm in third at 7-5 (will be 8-5 after tonight both teams are out of players). So the expert review that forecast me to win one game was a wee bit off.

But yeah, love/hate fantasy football is pretty standard. Right there with you.

Ugh I hate the rankings and projections. They're all such BS :laugh: And yeah Bell and Gordon are SOLID both RB1s. Ware is a solid RB2. Sucks about Green too, he's a top WR1. I managed to draft Ware after drafting JC so at least I had that.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Fantasy Football is a fickle *****.

I'm in two 12-man leagues. One league, I was 2nd in points for through 10 weeks, record was 2-8 and was already eliminated from playoff contention. My other league, I am 4th in points for but needed to win and get a lot of help to sneak into the playoffs at 6-7. Looks like I will win but not get the help I needed. One guy in that league is 8-5 and has a terrible team after trading OBJ and Spencer Ware for Christine Michael and Victor Cruz...He beat me last week putting up 125 points, sigh.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I am totally on board with you. I can see the MLS coming to Winnipeg eventually, but we are a long way off.

I think we have lots of futbol fans here, but we need to prove it in the NASL or this Canadian league first.

I've been to MLS games in 4 cities and I've always thoroughly enjoyed it.

Mighty Joe Moon

Jun 5, 2011
Lockport
I love Omnium Gatherum. I like to play their cover of Rush's Subdivisions for people. I actually quite like a lot of Finnish metal. Children Of Bodom, Nightwish, Ensiferum, Norther, Wintersun (even if it is just a guy ************ in the studio). It's like your country music.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
I miss the days when the NT had Teräsbetoni as the goal song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad