GDT: Jets landing at the Leafs - 7:00 on Sportsnet. Be Wary of Buffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Man Nonis was such a terrible GM.

Clarkson Signing
Phaneuf Deal
Trading a 2nd for Holland
Trading a 2nd + 4th + for a bottom 6 center who ended up playing like 20 games.
Trading a #4 LD for a #6RD, adds a pick, and retains.

Those are just off the top of my head. Just Brutal. He set this team back years.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It's weird because Froese has been pretty solid tonight. A couple chances and made a couple good defensive plays.

Polak and Marincin have struggled though.

They are all defensive players. They are obviously going to have awful possession numbers.

Just think: If you play in the defensive zone like 60 or 70% of the time, do you really think you are not going to have many shots against and a bunch of shots for? Not really. For them, I see their defensive numbers and they are solid, except for Marincin, so I really could care less about his possession numbers.

I want Holland back in the lineup though.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
its not our size, thats wrong, its our ****ing skill. Boyes, Grabner, Froese, PAP, Polak, Marcinin, Reimer, spaling, etc are expandable pieces that dont have a long nhl future. We dont have any of our talented players up, they are developing, besides dion, lupes, kadri, jvr, rielly, and gards who are playing really good, while hun, komo, and winny have been good. You cant beat a team with other teams castoffs and rejects, not against a team like the jets who are trying to win now

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
We need to move JVR while he has value. Grab a 10-20 first, and a top prospect, and move one.

He's been making lazy defensive plays all night. He's a 40 point soft one way winger without Kessel.

Get rid of him, grab another winger prospect, and a first.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
We need to move JVR while he has value. Grab a 10-20 first, and a top prospect, and move one.

He's been making lazy defensive plays all night. He's a 40 point soft one way winger without Kessel.

Get rid of him, grab another winger prospect, and a first.

I'm down with this.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
I'm down with this.

Seriously. He's going to do nothing but lose value now until his next contract. We are going to need to give him like 6+ a year or he'll get in in FA.

He doesn't use his size, lazy defensively, etc. He's a top 6 winger who compliments better players, lets get some start player value for him while we can.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Ah yes, the puck over the glass penalty that turns into a goal almost the time...

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Seriously. He's going to do nothing but lose value now until his next contract. We are going to need to give him like 6+ a year or he'll get in in FA.

He doesn't use his size, lazy defensively, etc. He's a top 6 winger who compliments better players, lets get some start player value for him while we can.

are you talking about JVR?

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

Clarkson Signing
Phaneuf Deal

Those are just off the top of my head. Just Brutal. He set this team back years.

Thanks.

We all thought he was a great GM here.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009

Clarkson Signing
Phaneuf Deal

The main one was keeping Holland up for 30 games to make it a 2nd. Did we really need him that badly that year?

That's the one that hurts the most, it set off a chain reaction that more or less led to us missing out on Konecny last draft.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
There's something about having two defensemen on a penalty kill below the goal line on one player while leaving a player wide open that bothers me.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
Yes. In the last handful of games, I've watched him turn the puck over, lazily skate after them, maybe swing his stick into their hands a few times. He's waiting to get a penalty doing it, and it's lazy.
If they tracked poke check success %, I'd guess JVR was bottom five in the league.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Yes. In the last handful of games, I've watched him turn the puck over, lazily skate after them, maybe swing his stick into their hands a few times. He's waiting to get a penalty doing it, and it's lazy.

JVR has always been inconsistent in the effort department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad