Post-Game Talk: Jets jacked up on Ice Caps... finish season with 5-3 W in Cowtown

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
According to Gary Lawless, his new agent is Mike Liut of Octagon Global Sports Management.

Mike Liut is also a former NHL'er so that suggests that Burmistrov is very motivated to get back to NA.

I have a very good feeling he will be in the NHL next year. Whether that is as a Jet or not is really up in the air. I think either way we get an asset that we didn't have last season.

Even if we trade Burmistrov's rights, it will be to a team that knows they can sign him and we will get a good young roster player back. I'd rather Burmi come back here, as I love him on our 3rd line but that might not happen. I just don't want to see the asset diminish further for us.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I know I am not sure I like myself at this point but I am just pissed off right now...... The last two games were the last straw.....We can't win enough and we can't lose enough.

LOL, you are in no-man's land, like the Jets: too grumpy to like and too likeable to hate...

In fact, a big part of me was quietly hoping for a late season swoon for 6th, but it is pretty evident that that tanking--at any level--is not part of the Jets' new culture. I only saw the last 10 minutes of the game last night, but when I saw the look of determination on Wheeler's face and the elation on the bench at game's end, it's was hard to be too disappointed.

i have had no time to post for a couple of weeks, but I am very optimistic about the future. Whether we draft 6th or 8th, or buy out Pavs, will have little to do with our performance next year, IMO...details to follow, when I have more time.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
No longer need a clip of Carls goal. Just seen it on sportsnet. Gilmour wearing 48 in the peg?

Also, one of the few joys of being an AHL hockey fan is watching things like Klinger and Postma scoring there first goals (of the season..) with guys like Cormier and Redmond showing emotion or their teamates. Pretty cool!

All the St. Johns guys played pretty well here this season, hope the Ice Caps can go on a very long playoff run and bring the cup to St. Johns!:handclap:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
LOL, you are in no-man's land, like the Jets: too grumpy to like and too likeable to hate...

In fact, a big part of me was quietly hoping for a late season swoon for 6th, but it is pretty evident that that tanking--at any level--is not part of the Jets' new culture. I only saw the last 10 minutes of the game last night, but when I saw the look of determination on Wheeler's face and the elation on the bench at game's end, it's was hard to be too disappointed.

i have had no time to post for a couple of weeks, but I am very optimistic about the future. Whether we draft 6th or 8th, or buy out Pavs, will have little to do with our performance next year, IMO...details to follow, when I have more time.

Thank you for being kind I am always a really happy drunk but I didn't manage my emotions well last night when confronted with the reality of dropping from 6th to 9th crashed down on me in two days. I will get over it :laugh:

Last edited:

jetkarma*

Looking forward to it .

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Any word on the severity of Trouba's injury?

Will it be season-ending?

Hope its not serious. I'd love to see him go to the Worlds. He already has the tight relationship with the USA national team, it would be great to see him shine on the international stage again.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

3923cf33dc1406317c35d5aa11c39cc5d66ec8ea7669081584fec0a4cdf454d2.jpg

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011

Yes, unfortunately Trouba will not be back this season. Scheifele, Byfuglien, and Montoya also will not be able to return from their injuries this year. Strangely, all other members of the team are also gone for the rest of the 2013-14 NHL season, but I don't believe they're on IR. Anyone have a link explaining what happened? Oh wait, I remember:
pavelec%20220-thumb-220x141-264482.jpg

These two.:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad