Post-Game Talk: Jets jacked up on Ice Caps... finish season with 5-3 W in Cowtown

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Nice finish to a tough up and down (mostly down) season. Let's hope things go differently next year. I would really love it if the Jets announced on Monday that they have signed Paul Maurice to a three year contract to coach the Jets and "oh yeah, we also bought out pavs contract...so yeah!"

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I had to rewind it to make sure he said what I thought he said lol

Reminds me of Marc-Andre Fleury's famous interview when he won the cup.

"Marc, what were you thinking when you were up by one, but saw Detroit breaking in 3 on 1 with a minute left?"

"I thought 'oh ****, here they come!' -- wait, can I say that?"

"You're good"

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
To be fair, **** doesn't mean anything in Swedish. He probably mean to say "Sit", and was just too tired to pronounce the s properly.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
To be fair, **** doesn't mean anything in Swedish. He probably mean to say "Sit", and was just too tired to pronounce the s properly.

"That sit's gonna happen"? Nah, I think a more likely explanation is that Carl just didn't know that it was a 'big swear' in English.

jetkarma*

Sure Beyak spews some cliches , all announcers do , I wonder how many other announcing teams some of you hear because honestly Beyak and Hnidy are WAY better than most.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
god I love Klingberg. Hopefully him swearing on live television somehow gets Beyak fired.

I had to listen to those very, very boring Calgary announcers ... Beyak is a broadcasting god compared to that.

Good season, really. For whatever reason they didn't manage to win as many as they should have with their -10 goal differential but you can feel the team starting to mature. Next year is going to be the year.

Great, great effort tonight from an exhausted and depleted group.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Nice finish to a tough up and down (mostly down) season. Let's hope things go differently next year. I would really love it if the Jets announced on Monday that they have signed Paul Maurice to a three year contract to coach the Jets and "oh yeah, we also bought out pavs contract...so yeah!"
Gonna have to wait more than 2 months for the official announcement. Buyouts begin the later of...
  • June 15th
  • 48 hours after the last Stanley Cup game

Derfel*

Sure Beyak spews some cliches , all announcers do , I wonder how many other announcing teams some of you hear because honestly Beyak and Hnidy are WAY better than most.

Agreed - fans here don't know how good they have it compared to other markets.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
thoughts on Cormier? Is he gonna be able to to push for 4th line spot next year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad