Post-Game Talk: Jets jacked up on Ice Caps... finish season with 5-3 W in Cowtown

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
yup, basically pointless.

BUT WE GOT DA BELT!

Sadly, once the season ends, Triple H Brendan Shanahan will point to our inability to defend the belt, hold it in abeyance, and declare a sixteen-team tournament to find the new champion.

Ratings will be gold and PPV buys will go through the roof, so there's that :)

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Yeah see, at this point, I can't shake the sneaky suspicion that you're laughing more AT me, than WITH me :P

I don't know about you, but my favorite part of the brodcast is when they show the behind the scenes in an office that is TOTALLY not some dressing room with a potted plant, a desk, and a curtain over the stalls

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Had to miss the game, but I'll take that result.

End on a winning note, Hutch with 2 straight wins and 3 straight solid games. Showing a promising future :nod:

Thanks for the ride this year Jets!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I don't know about you, but my favorite part of the brodcast is when they show the behind the scenes in an office that is TOTALLY not some dressing room with a potted plant, a desk, and a curtain over the stalls

... yeah, still feeling the "at me" over "with me" :P

I get ya brother. It's hard liking a performance martial art, what is essentially "redneck capoeira". I share yer pain. Plus, share yer joy :)

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Peluso was great :)

This is essentially my analysis on the Jets this season.

Trouba on the plane home:

r2Fo4Bqb.jpg

Always comes out smiling :)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ottawa needs at least a point too. We're behind the Leafs and Sens right now because of their superior win%. We have the same ROW, but much better +/-. So, Nucks need 3 points out of 4, Sens and Leafs need one point each.

Then we win the lottery.

I thought Ottawa beat us already because they win the 2nd tiebreaker which is head to head? (I may be wrong)

Toronto does need 1 more point in the next 2 games which looks doable but they seem like they are in free fall. Vancouver doesn't feel like like they have two wins left in them at this point and I think they need 4 points.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Currently, we have the following chances vs. pick position:

7th: 24%
8th: 51%
9th: 25%

Great game by an incredibly depleted lineup. Nice to see Klingberg collect his first NHL goal. Actually quite impressed with the way the 4th line played - showed a decent ability to maintain possession. The Little to Kane pass for his goal was a beauty. Wheeler with another strong game.

Onwards and upwards. Looking forward to watching the IceCaps on their playoff run, the draft, off season moves, no Seto, rookie camp, and no Seto.

Did I mention, no Seto?

Hottest issues for me: goaltending, our #3/4 D, and perhaps a 3rd line winger or center. Interesting news about Burmi.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
You've been so angry lately... I'm not sure I like you anymore.

Hey there are positives I was just a tad intoxicated and disappointed and frustrated with being in purgatory still......again.....you now what I mean.

On the bright side I am blown away by how good Wheeler has played this season and wish he would have hit 70 points. The AHL call ups were excellent late in the season as well. I think the quality time Postma got with Toby showed to me at least he flashed some top 4 skills. I thought the loner he played in that role the better he looked and I get a sense Maurice likes him. I thought Reds looked solid as well. The good news is I think we did a good job marketing/showcasing those guys if we need to bundle them in trades. Injuries gave O'Dell a very good long look and for my money he held his own. Hutch is a nice looking tender and if he is our back up next season I would think its a positive.

I think the Ice Caps can make some noise in the playoffs this year especially with all the boys rejoining them, that group has a vibe right now.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Ah, so it was his NA agent, who said he may be able to get Burmi out of his KHL contract. That would be swell.

Did you find a link, or is this from the GDT discussion? If the only things we did next year were: resolve / improve the goalie situation, bring back Burmi to bolster the top 9, and find a #3/4D to mix in with Enstrom, Trouba and Bogo, I think we'll be sitting in a very reasonable place. :nod:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ah, so it was his NA agent, who said he may be able to get Burmi out of his KHL contract. That would be swell.

Yea I would be a big fan of getting him signed then playing him or trading him. Either way it would be good news because it would be great to maximize the asset value. I think Maurice could coach him and if he can't we trade him.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
According to Gary Lawless, his new agent is Mike Liut of Octagon Global Sports Management.

Interesting. Their clients are:

Berglund, Booth, Brassard, Krejci, Elias (Burmi would probably love to have a couple nice chats with him ;)), Malone, Kunitz, Umberger, Perron, Josefson, D. Roy, Savard, Michalek

Good cast of characters.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What we could have done with a competent coach & average starting goalie for the whole season.

Hopefully Chevy does not sit on his hands in the off season & actually signs us a quality starting goaltender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad