Post-Game Talk: Jets fall to the Knights 3 -1

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I don't think any goals were necessarily his fault but he was pretty out of position on the first one and he overplayed the third a bit. Wasn't just the goals though, he looked off.
I was impressed Helly had slid across to stop the first shot on a guy who was wide open no one insight only to see the guy had originally hit the post. I blame the fact we only got one goal more. Was it Troubs and Mo who made the bad line change on the first goal? I don't know I just don't think Troubs has been very good lately.

Reactions: FFHockey

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Vegas rebounded as I thought they would. In game 1 they let the Jets leave the zone with speed and made life easy in the neutral zone. In game 2 they took a page out of Nashville's playbook and did a better job on the fore-check, and really clogged up the neutral zone. The Jets, like in game 4 against Nashville didn't respond.

Really hoping to see the Jets bounce back in game 3 like they did in the Nashville series. Go into Vegas and skate much harder, and get pucks in deep but with speed from their fore-checkers.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Game 4 vs Nashville, game 6 vs Nashville and tonight have been distressingly similar.

A one or two goal deficit has somehow become insurmountable. The urgency is noticeably lacking if not nonexistent. Long stretches of time pass where they don't even come close to generating a scoring chance.

Its an unpleasant way to lose and they cant afford to have another game like this. Knock it off Jets!
And games 5 & 7 against Nashville and game 1 against LV were also similar. Last nights game wasn't nearly as stifling as when Nashville went full on trap. We were able to push the play in the 2nd and closed to 1 goal in the 3rd before it slipped away. In between there were plenty of chances both ways that could have opened it up one way or the other.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The problem was the 2 massive brain farts ( worst line change in 2017-2018 by any NHL team and Trouba's pinch when not required ) that resulted in Vegas goals. Take those 2 out of the game and the Jets played well enough to be 1-1 going into OT.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Not really worried, we should have been up 1 or 2 goals before Vegas got there two.

This won't be an easy series, but we showed going on the road does not bother this team. We'll be fine.

Reactions: Ducky10

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
The problem was the 2 massive brain farts ( worst line change in 2017-2018 by any NHL team and Trouba's pinch when not required ) that resulted in Vegas goals. Take those 2 out of the game and the Jets played well enough to be 1-1 going into OT.
Agreed. Take out those 2 breakdowns.....different ball game.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Sometimes you have to give credit to the team that won, there were people already talking about a Stanley Cup series with Washington after 1 win, now the Jets need to go to Vegas a win at least 1 game or they will be in serious trouble

Reactions: thegr8one66

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Lowry, Laine, Ehlers have been garbage all playoffs. I'm getting sick of defending these guys. If those 3 don't wake up we're sunk.

We need to re-sign Stastny as well or we're not going to have any chance at repeating this years success. Ship out Perreault if need be.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Trap teams will trap out a game here and there.

Not worried other than the Jets should be able to adjust midgame by now.

Seen it every round.

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
I was waiting for some stretch passes to make Vegas pay for their all-in forechecking approach but it never really came. The Jets are as good as anybody when it comes to taking the puck into the O-zone so they just need to be more prepared in game #3. Also need to put somebody pesty on Marchessault to get him off his game. I expect a much better reuslt tomorrow night.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
After that Nashville series nobody should be walking to any ledges after a close loss where our team was not even dominated.

Vegas buried every chance they got and the Jets never had any bounces go their way.

Home ice don't mean shit in any series.

Reactions: GJETson

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
giphy.gif

Onto the next one. We need to bring our A game to Vegas
I love this. Pretty much perfect :)

Reactions: GJETson

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I was on the opposite side of the arena, so couldn't quite tell, but did Lowry not have a clear breakaway on their goalie on one play (and he passed it away instead)?

Reactions: thegr8one66

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
Didn't see the third goal but the first two by Vegas resulted from errors; bad clearing from the defensive zone when under pressure and Connor's faux pas at centre ice. Even so, Jets brought it to 2-1 with lots of time to go but again failed to prevent the next goal by Vegas. Totally different result had Winnipeg got the tying goal in the third. Close but no cigar. They'll be better next game but I'd expect Vegas will be too. A "blow-out" by either team will likely sap the desire of the other team.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I saw Laine cough up the puck a good 35% of the time.

I don't think it's fair to single him out. You could say that about numerous Jets tonight. We had possession in the O zone quite a few times and didn't get a single shot close to the net before it was turned over. I think people are focusing on this unnecessarily.

At least he had a few good rushes, zone entries, a couple of good shots and some incredible passes.

Reactions: Mony Vibescu

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Perrault has not scored effectively all playoffs or for the second half of the season. But thanks for still supporting a team that looks nothing like your Atlanta team. Glad you can make such concise hockey arguments.

Atlanta has nothing to do with anything right now so the backhanded comment can gtfo. The people that still support the team through the move are as committed and as deeply passionate as anyone in Winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad