Post-Game Talk: Jets fall to the Knights 3 -1

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I saw a young woman at the Shark Club play Roulette for I think her first time. She bought 10 bucks of chips and spread them a bit on the board. Won 35-1 and then put it all on red and won again and then she quit. Some times it's your night. I just watch.

At the end of the day, this was just one of the more aggravating of the 35%-ish of the ways Vegas could have won this game. We've gone from a series favorite at the start to a slightly smaller series favorite. Not the best outcome but far, far from the panic button slammin' and jammin'.

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
Game 4 vs Nashville, game 6 vs Nashville and tonight have been distressingly similar.

A one or two goal deficit has somehow become insurmountable. The urgency is noticeably lacking if not nonexistent. Long stretches of time pass where they don't even come close to generating a scoring chance.

Its an unpleasant way to lose and they cant afford to have another game like this. Knock it off Jets!

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Dayum. I was a bit worried that would happen. Like someone said, Vegas is not Arizona.

We still slightly won the Corsi and xGoals battle so it was not a humiliating defeat by any means.

I would switch Ehlers with Perreault. Ehlers has shown chemistry with Little, and Laine can stay as a finisher for Perreault and Stas.

These dudes have to be tired though. Relentless pace with the games.

Last edited:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Missed the game tonight, but doesn't sound like I missed out.
One loss is okay, but we better bring it in game 3.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
At this point I’m not sure what’s the point of having Chiarot in over Morrow when his skating can’t keep up.
i'd first like to say that Chiarot wasn't our lone worry yesterday.

but there wasn't much hitting done. looks like the jets are a bit fatigued. Lowry is a shadow of what he was vs the Wild. Buff has dialed it down a few notches.
at least Chiarot punishes players. now, is that significant? i am never of the camp that you need to smack the other team around. but it does lead to more turnovers. so i'm not 100% for or against removing Chiarot from the line-up. doubt it's done. ideally, you put in Kulikov instead so you get better puck movement.

Jets are showing that the easy way to beat them is aim for an early lead and then lock them down. couldn't tell if they played like they played due to fatigue or a Vegas system. Jets certainly did enough yesterday to stymie themselves. I don't give all the credit to Vegas. and those Vegas goals and opportunities off of poor Jets' line-changes...what the hell??

Laine with another game where it looked like someone replaced his stick with a plastic floor hockey stick. how many times will be flub passes or pucks along the board? this is beyond frustrating.

Last edited:
Reactions: sipowicz

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
i'd first like to say that Chiarot wasn't our lone worry yesterday.

but there wasn't much hitting done. looks like the jets are a bit fatigued. Lowry is a shadow of what he was vs the Wild. Buff has dialed it down a few notches.
at least Chiarot punishes players. now, is that significant? i am never of the camp that you need to smack the other team around. but it does lead to more turnovers. so i'm not 100% for or against removing Chiarot from the line-up. doubt it's done. ideally, you put in Kulikov instead so you get better puck movement.

Jets are showing that the easy way to beat them is aim for an early lead and then lock them down. couldn't tell if they played like they played due to fatigue or a Vegas system. Jets certainly did enough yesterday to stymie themselves. I don't give all the credit to Vegas. and those Vegas goals and opportunities off of poor Jets' line-changes...what the hell??

Laine with another game where it looked like someone replaced his stick with a plastic floor hockey stick. how many times will be flub passes or pucks along the board? this is beyond frustrating.
True we are better off as front runners, but I wouldn't say easy to beat as we owned the 2nd and made it a 1 goal game in the 3rd before falling 3-1. With the amount of posts and bounces that game could have gone either way.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
It was nice enjoying a couple days where it felt like we were going to dominate them, but the reality is this is going to be a struggle, and it may end badly for us. Vegas has been doing it all year long. Hopefully, our skill can win out but nothing is going to be easy. Need at least one of the next 2 in their rink for sure...

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Thought Little, Connor, Perrault were OK. Rest of the team sucked. If Lowry is too hurt to play, they gotta pull him. And ya, I've been defending Laine, but yikes. He was bad last night

Reactions: sipowicz

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I didn’t finish the game...tired.
Got on the boards this am read some posts and thought when did I wander on to the Leafs boards?
Guys it’s not the end of the world.
GJG
Yup. We like to go really high after wins and then start scapegoating after loses. In reality after you get past the 1st round, where there could be a possible mismatch, nothing is easy and any of the remaining teams could win any game or any series for that matter. But fortuitously for us the Jets have demonstrated that they are able to stay on an even keel and keep playing their game no matter what happened in the previous game.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Game 4 vs Nashville, game 6 vs Nashville and tonight have been distressingly similar.

A one or two goal deficit has somehow become insurmountable. The urgency is noticeably lacking if not nonexistent. Long stretches of time pass where they don't even come close to generating a scoring chance.

Its an unpleasant way to lose and they cant afford to have another game like this. Knock it off Jets!

This game was nothing like the Preds games. The Jets had tons of zone time and lots of chances. They easily could have had 4-5 goals.

The most distressing thing were the lapses that led to Vegas chances, breakaways. Bad changes, bad puck management. The Jets handed that game away.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup. We like to go really high after wins and then start scapegoating after loses. In reality after you get past the 1st round, where there could be a possible mismatch, nothing is easy and any of the remaining teams could win any game or any series for that matter. But fortuitously for us the Jets have demonstrated that they are able to stay on an even keel and keep playing their game no matter what happened in the previous game.

Totally agree. People were in panic mode after the Jets lost games 4 and 6 to the Predators. It's not always a matter of the Jets having a bad game. There is always an opponent that is a good team as well. Let's not forget that Vegas finished the season with 109 points and then knocked off the Kings in 4 straight which is no easy task. It was only the first time ever this past season that Winnipeg won in regulation time in Los Angeles. In the next round, Vegas opened up the series by pounding San Jose 7-0. The Golden Knights are a good team led by a very good coach. The reality is that there is only a small degree of separation between all NHL teams. I think we can remain confident in the Jets abilities especially after eliminating such a good team as Nashville. That was also no easy task.

:jets

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I used to be pretty negative I admit.
In fact when it came to TNSE and Chevy I was terrible.
I found over time it’s more enjoyable to let it slide.
I still think we will win.
I have to learn how not to fall asleep so damned early tho’

Reactions: KingBogo

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I felt a little down after last night's game but am still feeling confident about the Jets' chances to take the series.

Has anyone commented on the ice conditions?
(I thought that I had read or heard that somebody commented, wondering if the arena staff had forgotten to freeze the pucks.)
I've heard that the ice at BellMTS Centre is not great at the best of times but how good can it be after the previous night's Shania Twain concert with 13,000+ concert goers? I realize that both teams are on the same sheet but to my eye the puck was doing some "crazy things".

Reactions: Gormo

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I didn’t finish the game...tired.
Got on the boards this am read some posts and thought when did I wander on to the Leafs boards?
Guys it’s not the end of the world.
GJG
far from the end of the world.
but there are a few peculiar trends that makes things a bit more difficult for the Jets.
giving up the 1st goal and then seeming to let up.
more turnovers than a bakery.
and Laine's sloppy-as-hell stick

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Exactly what in the hell are you smoking?
Perrault has not scored effectively all playoffs or for the second half of the season. But thanks for still supporting a team that looks nothing like your Atlanta team. Glad you can make such concise hockey arguments.

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Oh which goal should Helle have stopped? A deflection? A 4 on 0 or a 2 on 1?

Little hasnt been good... Buff wasnt good tonight.. Trouba was bad... Wheeler and Stastny weren't good.. Scheif wasn't great either...
I don't think any goals were necessarily his fault but he was pretty out of position on the first one and he overplayed the third a bit. Wasn't just the goals though, he looked off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad