Post-Game Talk: Jets fall to the Knights 3 -1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Perreault and Laine had very good nights, they’re surrounding casts did not and neither did the Scheifele line. In all honesty this was one of the better 5v5 games for Laine, he controlled the puck very well, he made nice accurate passes(that very well could have resulted in goals considering it lead to qaulity shot areas), entered through the neutral zone better than any Jet tonight and had the best qaulity shots of the night set up by himself. On Perreault not the best overall night but he was working hard to score and retain the puck in every zone. Either guys could have easily scored tonight if they had linemates working as hard as them).

What game did you watch? The whole second line including Laine was trash. And Little and Tanev were solid. Perreault was weak on pucks and dumped every single puck in even when he could have carried and gained the zone. Little carried that line

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Physicality was not the issue tonight, Vegas barely hit a thing after they went up. This whole Enstrom is too weak meme is really lame, it's no wonder you miss all the great things he does if that is all you focus on.

I focus on "reality" maybe you don't. Reality is that Toby has not scored a goal in probably 20 - 25 games--has a very weak shot. The game is won by the team that scores "more goals" than their opponent.

Toby's good--moves the puck out of the defensive zone, and is a good skater -- but the reality is "goals' are hard to come by, and we have a different perspective on how to achieve this. I like "offensive" defensman that can defend and score -- so we really don't see eye to eye on this matter. I like Myers as well--anyday over Toby Enstrom.

Id go with Morrow here--smooth skater, with a great slapper from the point. Either guy won't kill us, but I think we get a scoring edge with Morrow in.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Okay good to know that I'm the only one who thinks Tanev was the best player on that line. He definitely has a lot more points this playoffs without the pp tins of little or Perrault. I see Tanev as a faster Armia who sacrifices stickhandling for speed.

Reactions: Stumbledore

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Maurice wont tho.. Thats our bottom 6..

Personally.. If my call..

Perreault Roslo Armia.

Copp Lowry Tanev.

Yup. No little. Hes been invisible.. At least Perreault and Tanev give 100 percent effort every shift .
I don't understand what game some of you watched. Take note we need a goal and goalie is out. Little on the ice in place of Ehlers for the 6 we usually play with goalie out. Little was good tonight. Obviously it is dissapointing we need more then good. We need someone or multiple of Perreault, Little, Lowry, Ehlers, and to a lesser extent Laine to chip in some goals when we need it. You also said why pick on Laine instead of the vets. Give me a break, he is a super star and our leading goal guy in the regular season. Did Crosby or Ovy have awful games in the playoffs at that age and people say free pass because of age. He is a proven star and wants to be the best goal scorer/ get paid stupid money.... plain and simple show up. The age thing is a joke. Take responsibilty for poor play

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Didn't the first goal result from Laine turning the puck over in our zone? He tried a breakout pass across the middle. He didn't have a good game. A lot of players didn't have a good game. We could have lost that game 5-0.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
What game did you watch? The whole second line including Laine was trash. And Little and Tanev were solid. Perreault was weak on pucks and dumped every single puck in even when he could have carried and gained the zone. Little carried that line

I must had watched a different game... I thought Laine had a very good game(with limited 5v5 minutes and bad linemates), I seen atleast 4 really good neutral zone passes that led to good potential chances(that his linemates eventually or immediately coughed up to the defence) and a couple of clean zone entries that lead to Laine shooting in the slot. Perreault wasn’t the best I can agree but in the middle of the ice he was pretty good(I agree he wasn’t strong along the boards though).

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I must had watched a different game... I thought Laine had a very good game(with limited 5v5 minutes and bad linemates), I seen atleast 4 really good neutral zone passes that led to good potential chances(that his linemates eventually or immediately coughed up to the defence) and a couple of clean zone entries that lead to Laine shooting in the slot. Perreault wasn’t the best I can agree but in the middle of the ice he was pretty good(I agree he wasn’t strong along the boards).
i thought Stas has been the best on the 2nd line. They should probably try Ehlers with Wheeler and Chef as Connor has been pretty good other than that 1 turnover so can help on a weaker 2nd line get on track.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I was on TV several times! I am the bald guy!

oqvIXvm

zEkyixs

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I saw Laine cough up the puck a good 35% of the time.

Laine is terrible at coughing up the puck--"he's the worst". With his wide slow stickhandling, it's easy to pick the puck off his stick. Where he scares me the most is playing the point on the power play. Often loses possession, and we get an odd man rush. I'd never play him on the point-- Morrissey would be way better.

Unfortunately he's still a very one dimensional player -"a goal scorer" and a good one. I just hope he improves for the $ 8 mil or so, he'll likely receive.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

Laine is terrible at coughing up the puck--"he's the worst". With his wide slow stickhandling, it's easy to pick the puck off his stick. Where he scares me the most is playing the point on the power play. Often loses possession, and we get an odd man rush. I'd never play him on the point-- Morrissey would be way better.

Unfortunately he's still a very one dimensional player -"a goal scorer" and a good one. I just hope he improves for the $ 8 mil or so, he'll likely receive.

Ill take him in bos for 8m.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Maurice wont tho.. Thats our bottom 6..

Personally.. If my call..

Perreault Roslo Armia.

Copp Lowry Tanev.

Yup. No little. Hes been invisible.. At least Perreault and Tanev give 100 percent effort every shift .

You would bench Little? Sometimes I am truly baffled that people watched the same game as me. Little was good.

Nobody really had a "bad" game except maybe Hellebuyck. This game was very reminiscent of game 4 against the Preds. Jets can't get the puck off their stick cleanly and the game is just a snoozefest of neutral zone play.

Reactions: Ducky10

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
You would bench Little? Sometimes I am truly baffled that people watched the same game as me. Little was good.

Nobody really had a "bad" game except maybe Hellebuyck. This game was very reminiscent of game 4 against the Preds. Jets can't get the puck off their stick cleanly and the game is just a snoozefest of neutral zone play.

Oh which goal should Helle have stopped? A deflection? A 4 on 0 or a 2 on 1?

Little hasnt been good... Buff wasnt good tonight.. Trouba was bad... Wheeler and Stastny weren't good.. Scheif wasn't great either...

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Didn't the first goal result from Laine turning the puck over in our zone? He tried a breakout pass across the middle. He didn't have a good game. A lot of players didn't have a good game. We could have lost that game 5-0.

Had Schiefele's shot gone 5-hole over the line, the Jets would have won this game. That would have been the first goal, three minutes in. They would have owned the game.

It didn't happen, though.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
I don't understand what game some of you watched. Take note we need a goal and goalie is out. Little on the ice in place of Ehlers for the 6 we usually play with goalie out. Little was good tonight. Obviously it is dissapointing we need more then good. We need someone or multiple of Perreault, Little, Lowry, Ehlers, and to a lesser extent Laine to chip in some goals when we need it. You also said why pick on Laine instead of the vets. Give me a break, he is a super star and our leading goal guy in the regular season. Did Crosby or Ovy have awful games in the playoffs at that age and people say free pass because of age. He is a proven star and wants to be the best goal scorer/ get paid stupid money.... plain and simple show up. The age thing is a joke. Take responsibilty for poor play

Ill be honest I thought this was by far Laine's best game since game 1 of the Wild series. He was pretty dam good today, threw good checks got some great shots off almost scoring. That line just look off right now. Its like if they succeed its by themselves and not as a unit. I dont know whats going on.

Im no Laine "homer" either. He over handles the puck right now and when pressured gives it up too much, however today he was pretty dam good.

The game was lost because 4 idiots decided to go for a line change when the puck was still on our side of center, I will defend Conner to the death on that one. And "Tuba" making an absolutely stupid Buff pinch from 3 years ago at the red line without forward support.

Take those out this is a different game, 8 million posts were hit in this game and some weird bounces everywhere (did we forget to freeze the pucks?) that was even if you ask me, Helly needed to come up with a big save and didnt today. Its a combo of mental farts and not round 3 goal tending that sunk us today not Vegas who I thought got away with a metric ton of stick infractions today.

I dont usually predict scores but I do think we blow them out next game then win a 2 goal game in game 4.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Ill take him in bos for 8m.

Yes, and a lot of teams will--43 goal scorers at 18 yrs old, are hard to come by. I just hope he develops and improves other parts of his game. I'm not suggesting he's not worth it, it's just that I'd like to see some improvement.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Helly had a bad game because he didn't stop 2 on 0's or breakaways. If you are going to blame the goalie at least score more than 1 goal in support. Little needs to get a goal he gets pp time and that $5 mil contract makes me expect more from him than Copp which he's not providing.

Reactions: GNP and JetBlue420

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Oh which goal should Helle have stopped? A deflection? A 4 on 0 or a 2 on 1?

Little hasnt been good... Buff wasnt good tonight.. Trouba was bad... Wheeler and Stastny weren't good.. Scheif wasn't great either...

It would have helped the cause greatly if he can stop one of those Marchessault breakaways.

If by bad you mean had momentary lapses that ended up in the back of the net than sure. But on the whole the VGK didn't play outstanding or dominate that game at all. They sat back, capitalized on what they got and the Jets didn't. The Jets have lost 5 games in the playoffs now. I would put game 3 in Minny as the worst, followed by Game 4 and Game 6 and then this one. It was a game where you needed some luck on your side because neither team was able to really take over.

Reactions: JetBlue420

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

I focus on "reality" maybe you don't. Reality is that Toby has not scored a goal in probably 20 - 25 games--has a very weak shot. The game is won by the team that scores "more goals" than their opponent.

Toby's good--moves the puck out of the defensive zone, and is a good skater -- but the reality is "goals' are hard to come by, and we have a different perspective on how to achieve this. I like "offensive" defensman that can defend and score -- so we really don't see eye to eye on this matter. I like Myers as well--anyday over Toby Enstrom.

Id go with Morrow here--smooth skater, with a great slapper from the point. Either guy won't kill us, but I think we get a scoring edge with Morrow in.
Reality? I want no part of the reality that thinks Joe Morrow is a better hockey player than Toby Enstrom.

Hey, Morrissey only has 1 point these playoffs, maybe Morrow should come in for him. The only place you place any value is the score sheet, it's pretty short sighted. It's clear you have no idea what makes guys like Enstrom or Morrissey as good as they are, it's no use discussing it.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It would have helped the cause greatly if he can stop one of those Marchessault breakaways.

If by bad you mean had momentary lapses that ended up in the back of the net than sure. But on the whole the VGK didn't play outstanding or dominate that game at all. They sat back, capitalized on what they got and the Jets didn't. The Jets have lost 5 games in the playoffs now. I would put game 3 in Minny as the worst, followed by Game 4 and Game 6 and then this one. It was a game where you needed some luck on your side because neither team was able to really take over.
One of those breakaways it wasn't just a breakaway it was a 2 on 0. So yes maybe stop one but I'd throw a lot of ppl under the bus before Helly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad