Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-2 (Kuzmenko, Garland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver

Could we actually see Dermott make his debut tomorrow?

The defense is starting to not make me bleed from my eye sockets. Bear was such a good acquisition. I thought he looked like he was really getting some chemistry going with Hughes last night. If those two could be steady partners thats a massive win for our right side.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
This is the schedule for January.

CanucksIslanders
CanucksAvalanche
JetsCanucks
PenguinsCanucks
LightningCanucks
PanthersCanucks
HurricanesCanucks
CanucksLightning
CanucksAvalanche
CanucksOilers
CanucksBlackhawks
KrakenCanucks
CanucksBlue Jackets

There are two easy games then every other team is above .500. Vanilla Coke’s 4-6-2 seems about right but a much worse record is very likely.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
With that Horvat line the team finally has a line outside of the Pettersson line that’s going 5v5.

Let’s hope they can keep it up.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
So this coming game we are getting their A1, top drawer, game 82 Stanley Cup final need a result to get Aquilini his two playoff gates defence.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Should be a win. Pettersson/Kuzmenko go off with 6-7 points between them.

4 more goals and Horvat hits 30, just crazy to think about in December.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
For my mental survival, I can only handle thoughts about the next game.

We will win or lose in Winnipeg, but guarantee that Kyle Connor will score, as always. :laugh:

Reactions: Tritsche

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Perfect time to trip on our laces and fall behind the pack. That is needed to trade Horvat. Imagine if they keep him for a playoff push and lose him for nothing. This team would never let that happen though

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Jets for some reason have played us like legit powerhouses the past while. This feels like a classic letdown game where we’re riding a big win and come out flat

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Perfect time to trip on our laces and fall behind the pack. That is needed to trade Horvat. Imagine if they keep him for a playoff push and lose him for nothing. This team would never let that happen though
There will be no tripping over the laces. That’s like the one thing we are good at. Avoiding the full collapse. When we are in the midst of tripping, we angle our fall in to the trip as to continue on our merry way to around Gary .500.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
They should be motivated for his one, after the recent 5-1 drubbing (don't believe I've ever used that word before) from the last Jets game.

Toss it to Tanti

Mar 24, 2018
Going to the game tonight... going to be a lot of mixed emotions, I want them to win because I'm going, but know that it's probably best for the long-term outlook for the team if they lose.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Remember how GDTs used to be 10 pages long before games?

Used to be a time where every single GDT was over 1,000 posts by the end of the game. That was why we needed to lock them up and create Post Game Threads.

Apathy towards the team is a small part, but people drifting from message boards to social media like Twitter and Reddit has been a big contributing factor.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Used to be a time where every single GDT was over 1,000 posts by the end of the game. That was why we needed to lock them up and create Post Game Threads.

Apathy towards the team is a small part, but people drifting from message boards to social media like Twitter and Reddit has been a big contributing factor.

I would love to do a deeper dive into this if the team was as good, but it is so hard to do so with the team just being terrible for so long.

There is pro's to twitter of getting to hear from certain media members and interact with them, but there is also so much utter crap there.

Reddit is just a crap... it will generally be the last place I go for anything, but it definitely has taken people.

If this team does turn around soon, I do wonder what it will look like here. I mean I doubt I am going anywhere. I will probably outlast twitter.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

I tried Reddit and it was honestly just too stupid. Valid opinions were downvoted. People try and do too much to get upvotes.

Twitter is full of bots or idiots behind fake accounts giving ridiculously stupid and racist takes.

Anyways...

What a strange career. I thought he was finished after 2015-16 but is now playing his 1000 game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I tried Reddit and it was honestly just too stupid. Valid opinions were downvoted. People try and do too much to get upvotes.

Twitter is full of bots or idiots behind fake accounts giving ridiculously stupid and racist takes.

Anyways...

What a strange career. I thought he was finished after 2015-16 but is now playing his 1000 game.

Oh, you're preaching to the choir. I enjoy HF and message boards in general. I tend to never go on Reddit (not for hockey, anyway) and I only have a Twitter account to follow hockey reporters for breaking news.

But for actual discussion, I like HF. And I like the community here on HF Van.

But I've been around long enough to see a lot of big contributors eventually move on to other platforms (or just have their real lives occupy more of their time to the point that HF doesn't fit in anymore :p )

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
There's something to be said for a smaller group of opinions. I find that this forum is pretty much inline with how much time I want to spent reading/discussing the team so it's a good fit. I tend to "ignore" most threads and just stick to reading a handful and I do find the interface of HFboards works great in truly cutting out the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad