Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-2 (Kuzmenko, Garland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: December 29th, 5:00PM PST
WHERE: Canada Life Centre, Winnipeg, MB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Garland-Miller-Lazar
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Pederson
Mikheyev-Horvat-Boeser
Joshua-Åman-Studnicka

OEL-Myers
Hughes-Bear
Dermott-Schenn

Martin

Jets Line-Up:

TBD

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lindgren

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Would be a huge win but the Jets are playing well this year and we always get run out of this building.

In the past few seasons, we've actually beaten them on home ice a number of times. That was after a long futility stretch where we couldn't seem to beat them there.

Now, the curse seems to have shifted to Vancouver. We've had some ugly games against them in Vancouver over the past few seasons.

Would be nice to extract a measure of revenge for the ass kicking we got last time we played.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
In the past few seasons, we've actually beaten them on home ice a number of times. That was after a long futility stretch where we couldn't seem to beat them there.

Now, the curse seems to have shifted to Vancouver. We've had some ugly games against them in Vancouver over the past few seasons.

Would be nice to extract a measure of revenge for the ass kicking we got last time we played.

Lost 10 straight against the Jets 2016-2020 but swept the season series 3-0 last year and are 4-2 in Winnipeg over the past two seasons.

Reactions: Lindgren

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Jets on a 3 game losing streak and probably not in a good mood.

kjjv9H4.png

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Miller looks like the Affleck smoking outside meme playing with Garland and Lazar. Those 2 work hard, but are just multiple tiers below in any offensive thought process.

At least swap out Lazar for Hoglander, someone with a drop of instinct and scoring touch.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Miller looks like the Affleck smoking outside meme playing with Garland and Lazar. Those 2 work hard, but are just multiple tiers below in any offensive thought process.

At least swap out Lazar for Hoglander, someone with a drop of instinct and scoring touch.
Garland is more than capable offensively but his confidence is just shot right now

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Garland has been the best player on that line.

I like Lazar a lot - he works hard and is a pain in the ass to play against. But he kills every offensive chance / rush he gets on that line. He should be moved down, and someone like Joshua or Studnicka, who seems to have some offensive ability, should play up.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Garland is more than capable offensively but his confidence is just shot right now
Garland is fine, but I think needs to be on a more north south simple line. Maybe the offensive spark on a traditional 3rd line.

JT is a possession, pass first player, playing with 2 guys that can only cycle within arms reach of each other, and have like 1/2 a shot between them.

Reactions: Nucker101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Garland has been the best player on that line.

I like Lazar a lot - he works hard and is a pain in the ass to play against. But he kills every offensive chance / rush he gets on that line. He should be moved down, and someone like Joshua or Studnicka, who seems to have some offensive ability, should play up.
Joshua would me choice.

Or Pod/Hog but Bruce would just scratch them after any mistake

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Agree completely about Podkolzin and Hoglander. Honestly, they're better off in Abbotsford getting ice time at this point.

Joshua didn't look terrible there in his time on that line. Not really sure why Boudreau swapped him and Lazar.
Yeah I don’t understand it either. To me Garland’s been at his best here when paired with a bigger/physical winger like Pearson or Podkolzin so I’d like to see him with Joshua.

When Pearson’s back I wonder if he goes back to Pearson-Miller-Garland, they produced together last year.

Also gives Miller a winger to cycle the puck with

Something like:

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko
Hoglander - Horvat - Boeser
Pearson - Miller - Garland

I’d leave Pod in the AHL just because I think he takes healthy scratches a lot harder than Hog and seems to get down on himself. Let him build confidence in the AHL until post-TDL.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

This is the start of a difficult stretch of games that could dramatically impact the direction of the team going forward.

One way or another - it’ll be interesting.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

This is the start of a difficult stretch of games that could dramatically impact the direction of the team going forward.

One way or another - it’ll be interesting.

Seems like everyone agrees that the next stretch of games will be telling which is exactly why I expect this team to end up with a mediocre record during that stretch, leaving everyone in limbo again :laugh:

Reactions: shottasasa

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Seems like everyone agrees that the next stretch of games will be telling which is exactly why I expect this team to end up with a mediocre record during that stretch, leaving everyone in limbo again :laugh:

Given the teams coming up in January, and the next two, a .500 record would be a miracle. Also would kill any chance at the playoffs. To stay in limbo they have to like 7-4-2.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Here's my prediction -

Winnipeg - Win
Calgary - Win
NYI - Loss
Colorado - Win
Winnipeg - Win
Pittsburgh - Loss
Tampa - Loss
Florida - Loss
Carolina - Loss
Tampa - Win
Colorado - Loss
Edmonton - Win

Total: 6-6, or .500. :laugh:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Here's my prediction -

Winnipeg - Win
Calgary - Win
NYI - Loss
Colorado - Win
Winnipeg - Win
Pittsburgh - Loss
Tampa - Loss
Florida - Loss
Carolina - Loss
Tampa - Win
Colorado - Loss
Edmonton - Win

Total: 6-6, or .500. :laugh:
You think the Canucks are going to win 5 in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->