Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
Too many comments to read all of them but some that supposedly know, have stated this kid is not the entitled kid type. But wanting an NHL roster spot guaranteed and Jets said no ( like they should) ,you earn it and he is pissy and spoiled about it is how I understand it. If I have missed anything important, I apologize. As a Jets fan, he sure sounds like a spoiled entitled kid to me and hope they trade him for a bucket load to become someone else's problem . Seems to be a trend starting with these American kids. Yes , I'm a little disgusted by the whole thing.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
it's funny how often this line gets thrown around here only to find out that the team trading did actually get value for the player...
It’s like nobody pays attention to how Chevy grinds his trade negotiations to extract solid to strong value.

Reactions: Jetsetter

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Friedman said the interest for this guy is off the charts and the price has gone up to a 1st + NHL player apparently.
Im pretty mad the Jets could not make him work here.....He projects to be the type of player playoff winning teams have in their lineup..... GMs are not dumb and know this also so I figure they smell blood and are trying to snap up his rights.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Uhm no.

Context matters.

Friedman clearly said that sort of return would be “part of a larger deal”.

Giving up a 1st plus a roster player for just McGroarty would be insane.
Ah my bad apologies if thats the case. Misheard

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Sycophants who desperately defended rich celebrities by insulting tonnes of people will always remain wild to me. Don't worry dude, maybe a future NHL player will one day come to this site, read your comment, and be protected/healed from the awful fans.

Yeah sorry, I don't particularly care about the players either. I just see them for who they are ... Employees. Not indentured servants. Nor am I jealous of their salary or talent. I expect no loyalty from players to my team, because in truth there's no loyalty in reverse. That was never made more clear to me than when some in the Oilers org and fandom suggested Pronger should get divorced rather than request a trade.

Put it this way, I'll join fans who get pissed about a draft pick not signing, the same day that those fans also demand their team re-sign some guy or don't trade someone whose usefulness on ice is at an end just because he's a good guy. Or when they stop talking about guys as "assets" to be shuffled around. I won't hold my breath.

What's wild to me is people who cry about a guy staying in school because he doesn't want to leave for an AHL salary.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Hmm you might be disappointed
I think the Jets would be dumb to trade him within the division unless the offer was substantially better then any other ..... The offer only needs to be in the same ballpark and the Jets should stay away from central division teams for this trade.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I think the Jets would be dumb to trade him within the division unless the offer was substantially better then any other ..... The offer only needs to be in the same ballpark and the Jets should stay away from central division teams for this trade.
I agree with that. I dont think that keep him in division but as a value.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Friedman said the interest for this guy is off the charts and the price has gone up to a 1st + NHL player apparently.
Well yeah, this isn’t the Jets looking to unload. There are going to be a bunch of teams looking to acquire him.

Sorry to all the people looking win their pretend trades over dumb excuses. This is a top prospect in demand.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

He won't return a 1st & a NHL player, by himself. He will be part of a bigger deal but Friedman has stated the interest from other GM's in this kid is very high and teams will have significant interest in him. Chevy always does well in trades, I fully expect the Jets will do well in the end and someone will get this kid and be very happy with him.

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
Have to laugh a bit that adding NHL player to the deal is too much. What exactly is an NHL player? That is a pretty wide range of players. McDavid, Bedard to 4th line overpaid over the hill forwards and everything in between. Anything can make sense . It could be a 1st and 4 nhl players, 3 of them could be salary dump problems. The one thing I agree on is I think Chevy will do well on this. He doesn't even have to move him right away and not under any pressure to move him at this point.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Well yeah, this isn’t the Jets looking to unload. There are going to be a bunch of teams looking to acquire him.

Sorry to all the people looking win their pretend trades over dumb excuses. This is a top prospect in demand.
Strongly agree with this. Market value depends on the number of places that RM would be willing to sign an ELC. My take is he wants an opportunity to play at the NHL level, and there are plenty of places where that can happen. That translates to a significant amount of demand, which translates to a higher than expected return based on a player who wants to move. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

I think that this situation (or CG in Philly) is a potential ramification of an organization which unilaterally decides to not sign a guy or not burn a year on the ELC. It is the organization's right to not do so, but enough teams have done so that it can hurt the relationship and this is a potential outcome.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Strongly agree with this. Market value depends on the number of places that RM would be willing to sign an ELC. My take is he wants an opportunity to play at the NHL level, and there are plenty of places where that can happen. That translates to a significant amount of demand, which translates to a higher than expected return based on a player who wants to move. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

I think that this situation (or CG in Philly) is a potential ramification of an organization which unilaterally decides to not sign a guy or not burn a year on the ELC. It is the organization's right to not do so, but enough teams have done so that it can hurt the relationship and this is a potential outcome.

People seriously think he's gonna fetch a HIGH return for a player that is refusing to sign with the jets?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Sycophants who desperately defended rich celebrities by insulting tonnes of people will always remain wild to me. Don't worry dude, maybe a future NHL player will one day come to this site, read your comment, and be protected/healed from the awful fans.

Incredible that you could read such a well thought-out post and this is all you came away with. Impressive.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
People seriously think he's gonna fetch a HIGH return for a player that is refusing to sign with the jets?
If he'd sign with 10 teams who have an opportunity for him to make the team this year, absolutely. The combination of his production and power forward style of play make him highly in demand. Just in this thread there are bunch of fans of teams willing to pay 1st round DP + more to get RM. Obviously GM might not agree, but this was a guy who went 14th OA himself and has developed well since then.

As long as he's willing to sign with a team that's giving him an opportunity to make the NHL team, he's got a ton of value IMO. With what he's done in the last 2 years, his value has increased significantly.

Reactions: gojetsgo

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Yeah I agree. No way of knowing but that's the sense I get here.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
What would we want or what would you be willing to pay…lol
Either. Just trying to get a sense.

I’d prefer to not trade Danielson/Edvinsson/ASP prospects wise but anyone else is fair game. If one of those guys would absolutely be required then fair, just would be one step forward and one step back for Detroit so seems pointless.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
If Mcgroarty is not willing to do a sign and trade I see no way that he will get a 1st plus.. No way of knowing if he will resign with his new team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad