Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
We’re not looking to trade Greig or ostapchuk. Chychrun is available and value is equal at least.
But if he’s not needed oh well
So why would McGroarty want to sign in Ottawa? Putting him on the 4th line?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Thanks but no. Chevy is not going to trade a top prospect for one year of Chychrun.

Ostapachuk and the Bruins 1st would be the more realistic offer. I would want Chevy to ask for Ridley Greig.

Chychrun is one year to UFA. That's a no go for the Jets.

We only need to wait about 8 days to ensure he's not just a rental before making a deal like that.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
So he wants out because he believes he's an NHL player, nothing to do with location, but he's going to go back to college for 2 more years to delay becoming an NHLer when he can be one by October?

No one said it had nothing to do with location???

he openly talked about wanting to be drafted by Toronto so it’s not “he won’t sign in Canada”

he may have been willing to sign in Winnipeg if they gauranteed him a spot.

That does not mean he is willing to sign in any market.

“I am willing to play for this Canadian team/the team that drafted me if they let me play in the NHL this year” is not
“I don’t care where I go at all as long as I can play in the NHL”

Not at all the same. He may still think like that. But we don’t know that

• Haha
Reactions: MardyBum

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Seamus Casey probably has late 1st trade value given his last two years with Michigan. What else would be needed for Rutger? Bonus, he is already signed.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
So why not offer Greig or Ostapachuk of they are not in your top 6?

Kyle Connor
Connor Hellebucyk

Wasted picks.
Because they’re very important pieces to our bottom 6 and we have chychrun sitting there expendable.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Rutger decides where hes going, yes, price will be cheap. See, Fox, Adam.
Adam Fox was one year from UFA. McGroarty still has two more years of NCAA eligibility before he can choose his destination. The motivation level is much higher for him to join another team for next season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Seems like a trade might happen at the draft. I could see the Wild trading the #13 for him if BPA are Parekh, Helenius(too similar to Rossi and Marat), and Eiserman. Jets might be happy to get Parekh (RHD) or Helenius.

NO chance they trade the #13 if Yakemchuk is still there, or someone like Sennecke.

There have been some speculation about trading Rossi for McGroarty, but I don't get that, at all. Trading a young NHL 2C who scored 20 goals in his rookie year for a college LW makes no sense to me.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Hes also 20 years old and probably talks to people around the league who know theres no place better to live in your 20’s than nyc.

Pair that with being a millionaire athlete and your bedroom door is a turnstile
Being stuck as a 3rd liner in the New York old folks home is quite the irresistible offer
I would be furious with my team if I was a Jets fan. I would think the team is headed in completely the wrong direction.

Everyone says that McGroarty is a terrific guy, and a true captain. Alienating someone like that suggests a team that is too stuck in their ways and has no flexibility.

Besides, so what that this team had a good regular season? They got blown out in round one by a team that has won one playoff series the last two years. The Jets have a style where they obviously draft well and trade well and even get okay value on their contracts, but for all their ability to spot talent and value, they struggle to actually make logical roster building decisions of what works and wins in this league.

Lmao wtf is this post? Both the Avs and Vegas won cups within the last two years. Painting Colorado as "a team that has won one playoff series the last two years" to make them look bad when they have a damn cup in the last 2 years is some peak clown shit.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
To
Jets
2024 1st
Liljegren
Robertson

To
Leafs
Mcgroarty
Rights to demelo

Of course you would laugh Todd, you believe Mcgroarty holds the same value as Necas 🤣 🤣.
Actually thats not a bad trade.

McGroaty for Necas solves two problems.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Confirmation its trash, a late first and spare parts. Jets will get more quality and less quantity
Yes you're confirmation seals the deal 🤣. I could see the Leafs trading the 1st + Minten + Liljegren but that would be the most I think they'd offer. Mcgroarty isn't worth a player like necas in a 1 for 1 trade though, that's just silly.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Confirmation its trash, a late first and spare parts. Jets will get more quality and less quantity

I would think he is worth a late 1st.

He is a college player who isn’t signing who was 14th overall 2 years ago.

The 20-25th pick seems actually pretty reasonable.

Where would he go in this years draft?
Prospect lists have him in the 35-50th range.

He’s not seen as a top 10 can’t miss prospect according to those sources

Edit one recent one by a writer I never heard of has him 11th

Last edited:

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

he's worth more than a late 1st...

kenobiwan

Jun 1, 2022

Prospect lists have him in the 35-50th range.

He’s not seen as a top 10 can’t miss prospect according to those sources
Not a chance, his value has increased with his play and leadership. If he was available. In this draft he’d be in the top 10 for sure. He’s not bound to one team so a bidding war will happen. Add in the fact he’s got a few years of exp under his development belt only adds to his value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad