Post-Game Talk: Jets 6 - Pens 3

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm not sure about you guys (yes it's only 1 game this season in) but I like Fleury better than Stanley as our 6th d-man.
Agreed Fleury was much better then Stan was.

Time to let it go …. nobody gives a f*** about Rutger.
Jet fans are going to get a rap as being immature and bad fans which is not true.
Just let it go and stop mentioning his name … winining is the best revenge.
Yager will be better anyway. Time for everyone to just let it go with Rutger.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Bender Duster

Sep 16, 2024
Winnipeg
Fun game. They did a great job on the Little tribute! National anthems were excellent as always whenever those boys get the call.

Was very impressed with Sid, EK and Letang. Very easily their three best players. At this rate Sid can play until he’s 50.

Jets have a solid team. I didn’t have anyone to rag on today (which was very strange for me 😂).

Keep it up!

Reactions: The Blue Baron

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Just looking through the underlying numbers for the season and Pionk comes out at near the top of every category. The guy is a pending UFA and gets shit on constantly, put he is 29 years old and is playing statistically as our best RHD. I know it is early in the season, but the guy is making a case for a nice extension.

Reactions: voyageur and Jet

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This is a good team. Maybe the league will finally notice it's a good team.
It's funny, some around here think we're a bubble team. It's actually insane to me.

Just looking through the underlying numbers for the season and Pionk comes out at near the top of every category. The guy is a pending UFA and gets shit on constantly, put he is 29 years old and is playing statistically as our best RHD. I know it is early in the season, but the guy is making a case for a nice extension.
I understand people's angst with him. I feel like he really lets his emotions dictate his play which is unpredictable.

I was on him last year pretty hard but I do love me some Pionk.

Especially when he crinkles his nose on the bench, it's adorbs.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's funny, some around here think we're a bubble team. It's actually insane to me.

I understand people's angst with him. I feel like he really lets his emotions dictate his play which is unpredictable.

The way we've gone out in the post season the last number of years is a big reason for it imo. They have a deep run this year and the talking heads change their tune pretty quickly.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Fair enough. We all consider different variables in our analysis :laugh:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think it's fitting in a way that all 3 players that drew into the lineup today knew Bryan Little in some way, through training camps, or actually playing on the same team as him (Gustafsson).

Glad the Jets won, but the guys who came in should probably go back out next game.

Lucky for the Jets and their fans we have two elite wingers on different lines, and they also accomplished something together.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think that's 3 o-zone faceoff wins for Adam Lowry now that have gone in the net. Last one for a GWG. Small details, but getting some more offensive time hasn't hurt the team, just another feather in the Cap's hat. Lowry sure did well at negating Crosby. Still think he should win a Selke in his career.

Josh and Neal have done pretty well this year at leading the rush consistently. Getting some secondary scoring from Miller is key too.

It's going to be a sad place when the team eventually loses, but enjoy the ride folks. Scott Arniel deserves some credit for waking them up in the 2nd.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Agreed, and we used to be known for our chants. It was good to get some of those vibes going again. The atmosphere was real good today.
We may not be selling out games but the fans in attendance seem to be having a great time part in parcel to the effort and winning, keep this play up and tickets sales will increase both with walkup and mini packs

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
To be fair, there was only ever going to be one game in Winnipeg this year to bring it up. I don't have a problem with it.
Then now is the time to let it die. I don't like what the kid did, and it is starting to look like he is no guarantee to be a difference maker. Bottom line is Chevy got an equal return (IMO) and some where down the line we can evaluate the trade with enough information to know how things worked out.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Then now is the time to let it die. I don't like what the kid did, and it is starting to look like he is no guarantee to be a difference maker. Bottom line is Chevy got an equal return (IMO) and some where down the line we can evaluate the trade with enough information to know how things worked out.
In the end him not wanting to come here could be one of the greatest things that happens to this organization. Both players are years away from contributing to either team but that's not a given for either.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Just like he did last time he was in a contract year.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We may not be selling out games but the fans in attendance seem to be having a great time part in parcel to the effort and winning, keep this play up and tickets sales will increase both with walkup and mini packs

Agreed. Also it's the cheapest seats that aren't selling, which to me is still indicative of the financial hardship many in the middle class are still feeling. I expect we see more of those seats sold as the things continue to improve on that front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad