The NHL has gotta stop the BS after clean hits

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Well as long as I can remember guys have been attacked and forced to fight after violent hits. All the way back to Gretzky days. I was born in 85 so I can’t speak to anything pre 1990 ish. The 90’s and 2000’s were far more violent than now. That’s undeniable. The league is way more regulated in regards to fighting rules. Fighting is way down. Violent hits are way down too. The game has less fighting now than ever. People who are complaining about this obviously want football/basketball fighting rules. I didn’t realize so many fans want fighting removed from the game. Fun suckers.

If you don’t believe me pop a Rock em sock em vhs into your vcr and have a gander.
You'll see lots of fighting, because that was what Cherry was all about. But you will also see a ton of hits that are NOT immediately followed by fights, because your recollection of when fights happened in games back then is obviously cloudy.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
This has been a peeve of mine for years now. It's hockey. Hitting is going to occur. It's ridiculous how many good clean hits have to be answered for because the other team immediately jumps the player that made the hit.

Refs need to stop that foolishness, but usually just send both guys to the box. It's stupid that many times a player that makes a good hit gets a matching penalty for being jumped.

Reactions: hui43210

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
When was it not like this?

You used to have to fight when someone wanted a piece of you. Now you really don’t have to. Just ask Sam bennet and Nick cousins.
1729472185494.jpeg

Reactions: DJN21

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Just an example of what I’m talkin about- Kurashev gets caught clean, gets up, and gets 2 free rabbit punches on Krebs, who already got jumped by Bertuzzi. It’s hockey, stop being wusses, hit happens. I’d argue for a 1 game sussy for any sissy who jumps a guy while play is ongoing. You wanna fight, square up, but this stuff is just stupid.

I think if you attack a guy after a clean hit, 2 minute penalty on top of anything else should be given out. Hate that a guy has to fight when he throws a clean hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad