Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 - Wild 1 in OT

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
When we lose I'm going to be so sad. Why can't we just always win.

Kupari has a shot he almost beat the goalie from far out tonight. I think this player has more to give.

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I think that's one way to look at it. The Jets caught a lucky break that Eriksson-Ek and Spurgeon were out for this game. Eriksson-Ek in particular changes the whole Wild lineup, he's their PP net front presence, and was the best player in the shellacking they gave us in St. Paul.

But maybe you are right. Winning one goal games in OT might be enough.

Love that Pionk got the 3rd star tonight. He's been maligned so much this offseason, and you see some chemistry between him and Samberg that carries off the ice too. Samberg's game looks strong, I'm glad he got the promotion this year.

I'd be curious to see the number of chances by d-pair given up early in the season, because it looks like Morrissey and De Melo have been a little loose defensively early on, giving up some grade As, and you expect that they will tighten up with some more games under their belt.
Injuries suck but it's part of the game sometimes it works for you and sometimes it goes against you nothing you can do about it.
Going into the season most people were worried about the defense, special teams, faceoff wins ,#2 center.
Looks like we worried for nothing ... 3 of the 4 have been solved already..
Defense looks good with Pionk & Samberg and Miller & Fleury
And after one week guess who is number one in the league in PP at 42.9% and PK at 100%.
The last 2 games the faceoff wins also have improved leading to important goals and time possession.
Basically the Jets are the same team as last year only with new coaches ... what a difference.
I know its only one week but if the Jets play like this all season they are a top 10 team easy.

The Big M

Dec 29, 2017
Moving forward id still take chisholm - both players are solid but hes 24
I've been very impressed with Fleury. A big man that maybe needed a couple more years to figure things out.
There was one play where Winnipeg was having problems getting the puck out against Chicago. He said, "I've got this" and took the puck on his own and raced up the middle of the ice killing the Chicago pressure.

Besides, he's great at shot blocking...even with his forehead.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ehlers and Names aren't the problem on the second line it's Perfetti, he looks very slow out there right now. I am hoping it's because of missing some training camp time and he eventually picks up a little more speed.But i'm not complaining when we are 3-0 and aren't getting outplayed , just keep er going Jets.

Reactions: Slimy Sculpin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad