Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 11: Solid Return Season Completed, How Does Next Season Go For the Big Finn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
JP is our 2nd best playdriver (only behind McDavid, who may be the best of the millenium) and 3rd best forward overall. He just improves every line significantly. The thing is if he even gets to league average finishing, which he usually was at prior to this season, suddenly he's worth 9 mil AAV. Holland needs to sign him as soon as possible, he'll be vastly underpaid with high probability.
iu

In 2/3 years time, this kids is going to be causing serious havoc for opposing teams. He's still only 23 years old, and will only get better IMO.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I mean if you are going to try an in your face tweet to people heckling you, maybe don't choose one where the guy that went after JP is 5 inches shorter than him.

Now Lucic going after LD and Lucic getting the worst of it, that's the type of clip you use to back your opinion.
Yeah, puljujarvi outweighs him by a whopping 15 pounds.

Awfully quiet from big brain bobby affer last nights game though.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
LOL. Gotta love playing a team actively and indiscreetly going after Bedard, especially after their 3rd game in 4 days

So, are we shopping Draisaitl now for a Dman cuz McLeod showed he is an unstoppable force at C and can easily take that 2C spot with his 3point performance?

After a game where the clueless don't even put 2 and 2 together that Woody purposelessly put JP on the top line again against muther f'in Arizona to get his confidence back , the illogical comes out

You have tweet calling JP a dominant physical force, despite the fact t he falls down more than any other Oiler periodically, maybe even in the league, and Lowetide comments" JP needs to figure out he is the hammer, not the nail" And now we have a single play that he is a dominant physical player lmao

We have one person claiming he is the 2nd best play driver on the team behind McD, over Kane and and Drai. True story. Keep in mind somebody showed his "advanced stats" trying to prove as such in a game where he did not even take a single stride w/ the puck. Yet those "ACCURATE" advanced stats showed he was amongst the best player on the ice

We have him as the 2nd best passer on the team after a Arizona game too

He's finally 100% healthy as per last nites game against Arizona, cuz he was hurt for the last 10

Lastly, we have JP's biggest fan who names himself after a cheap coffee back after a hiatus after playing Zona, and calling me out as the "opportunistic" poster

Darnell has spent the last 15 games playing like 3mil dman till last nite, where he looked everybit his new contract and then some. Maybe we should declare him on Hedman's level too while rollin w/ the insane takes?

If you want to turn off your brain, come to bizarro world and lose yourself in fairyland, this is the place

Last edited:
Reactions: Macheteops and Yuke

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
If you watch the games and have no idea what is going on on the ice, there's really no point arguing with you.

You are a stone cold mofo to sit and try to claim that JP doesn't fall down more than any other player on the team. It's literally not an arguement, it's a stone cold fact. When JP is on the boards or netfront, he goes down, or goes limp, way more than anyone on the team

You have to be in a different realm of reality or league of lying to claim this isn't true. You also prove that yiou are the one who doesn't infact watch games to suggest JP is not falling down more than anyone else in blue and orange on the regular, especially given his size and the situation he's fighting for

Quit while you're behind on this, it only get's worse if you try and disprove it

Oh ya, maybe you should send in a tweet to Lowetide calling him a bozo too and claim that he doesn't watch Oilers games either cuz you see it differently

Last edited:

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
You are a stone cold mofo to sit and try to claim that JP doesn't fall down more than any other player on the team. It's literally not an arguement, it's a stone cold fact. When JP is on the boards or netfront, he goes down, or goes limp, way more than anyone on the team

You have to be in a different realm of reality or league of lying to claim this isn't true. You also prove that yiou are the one who doesn't infact watch games to suggest JP is not falling down more than anyone else in blue and orange on the regular, especially given his size and the situation he's fighting for

Quit while you're behind on this, it only get's worse if you try and disprove it

Oh ya, maybe you should send in a tweet to Lowetide calling him a bozo too and claim that he doesn't watch Oilers games either cuz you see it differently
You are watching a different game than me. Go back and rewatch the games. Keep the recordings, inform us when everything and anything you don't like from this player occurs. You're the one making the bold claims and audacious statements. It's on you.

Take a notepad and start marking this stuff down if that's what it takes. Maybe you'll end up liking the results.

As for wingers. Trade Hyman, sign Yamamoto and/or Puljujärvi beyond bridge deals... if the money and term makes sense. Sign Evander Kane if the money and term makes sense.

One of these days Holland has to do something competent as GM. Or maybe the next guy will start a trend... if the league even allows the Edmonton Oilers to make astonishing managerial decisions that would inch this club further along the path towards becoming a contender.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Here's Lowetide on JP's game:

"Jesse Puljujarvi had easily his best game since coming back from injury, two outstanding assists and he’s now 12-21-33 in 53 games. Also ran into a couple of guys and a couple of guys ran into him. The result is always the same, man down for the other team. Jesse is a wall. He is now 41-25 in five-on-five goals, best on the team among regular forwards."

Where's your god now?

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I’d love if we could get him for 8 years 4.25M. The AAV might seem low but 34M is still pretty good for a guy who just 2 years ago was at risk of finishing his career in the Liiga at 200k per year.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
JP is such a fascinating player to discuss.

I understand how people can both love and hate his game.

Hes kind of a weird player though because I dont know if I buy the whole "hes a great defensive player schtick". But at the same time, he still really tilts the ice when hes on. I dont think its so much that hes a great defensive player, I just think hes a pain in the ass to play against. He creates so much chaos, with his size, reach and forechecking ability combined with a pretty high motor.

Hes a frustrating player because he handles the puck like a hot potato (he gets rid of the puck too quickly) and he doesnt have great finishing ability. He has the moments in the game where he looks so clumsy and awkward. You basically see him do things that make you go WTF.

I think he brings one of the most consistent efforts to the team. The guy is pretty much always trying. Sometimes he has more effective nights than others but hes generally always working hard and he generally is always noticeable to some extent. I just dont see many "invisible" nights and I think its mostly due to how he forechecks and just his sheer size.

I think hes one of the best Oilers to continuously go to the net. He screens the goalie a lot and create chaos but unfortunately he doesnt seem to be able to get very many tipped goals because I dont think he has the hands/coordination.

I think he pairs well with McDavid because JP creates so much chaos, and McDavid thrives on Chaos. I think McDavid should thrive on the chaos but generally be more selfish as in I think he looks/defers to JP too much. Generally whatever line JP is on, tends to be better.

At the end of the day, he works his butt off, and hes generally way more good than bad. If he had sweet hands and a great finishing ability, we are probably looking at 7 million dollar player (which this team cant really afford). I think JP makes the team better. I think I would try to get him locked up long term, on lesser money with the hopes that he gains more confidence and coordination and starts to put up better offensive numbers.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
JP is such a fascinating player to discuss.

I understand how people can both love and hate his game.

Hes kind of a weird player though because I dont know if I buy the whole "hes a great defensive player schtick". But at the same time, he still really tilts the ice when hes on. I dont think its so much that hes a great defensive player, I just think hes a pain in the ass to play against. He creates so much chaos, with his size, reach and forechecking ability combined with a pretty high motor.

Hes a frustrating player because he handles the puck like a hot potato (he gets rid of the puck too quickly) and he doesnt have great finishing ability. He has the moments in the game where he looks so clumsy and awkward. You basically see him do things that make you go WTF.

I think he brings one of the most consistent efforts to the team. The guy is pretty much always trying. Sometimes he has more effective nights than others but hes generally always working hard and he generally is always noticeable to some extent. I just dont see many "invisible" nights and I think its mostly due to how he forechecks and just his sheer size.

I think hes one of the best Oilers to continuously go to the net. He screens the goalie a lot and create chaos but unfortunately he doesnt seem to be able to get very many tipped goals because I dont think he has the hands/coordination.

I think he pairs well with McDavid because JP creates so much chaos, and McDavid thrives on Chaos. I think McDavid should thrive on the chaos but generally be more selfish as in I think he looks/defers to JP too much. Generally whatever line JP is on, tends to be better.

At the end of the day, he works his butt off, and hes generally way more good than bad. If he had sweet hands and a great finishing ability, we are probably looking at 7 million dollar player (which this team cant really afford). I think JP makes the team better. I think I would try to get him locked up long term, on lesser money with the hopes that he gains more confidence and coordination and starts to put up better offensive numbers.

This might ruffle some feathers, and I mean this in a good way, but he’s like an ‘idiot savant’ type of player if there ever was one (the goofy personality helps). Over the years he’s refined this into more of a “controlled chaos” and if his puck handling and shot improve as they have gradually so far, he’ll be an elite 1st liner. I’d take the gamble and sign him to an 8 year low AAV contract if you can. Good chance he ends up outperforming it, and if he doesn’t progress much from today, still a solid deal for the player he currently is. Feels like he’s going to break out next season

Last edited:

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
LOL. Gotta love playing a team actively and indiscreetly going after Bedard, especially after their 3rd game in 4 days

So, are we shopping Draisaitl now for a Dman cuz McLeod showed he is an unstoppable force at C and can easily take that 2C spot with his 3point performance?

After a game where the clueless don't even put 2 and 2 together that Woody purposelessly put JP on the top line again against muther f'in Arizona to get his confidence back , the illogical comes out

You have tweet calling JP a dominant physical force, despite the fact t he falls down more than any other Oiler periodically, maybe even in the league, and Lowetide comments" JP needs to figure out he is the hammer, not the nail" And now we have a single play that he is a dominant physical player lmao

We have one person claiming he is the 2nd best play driver on the team behind McD, over Kane and and Drai. True story. Keep in mind somebody showed his "advanced stats" trying to prove as such in a game where he did not even take a single stride w/ the puck. Yet those "ACCURATE" advanced stats showed he was amongst the best player on the ice

He's finally 100% healthy as per last nites game against Arizona, cuz he was hurt for the last 10

Lastly, we have JP's biggest fan who names himself after a cheap coffee back after a hiatus after playing Zona, and calling me out as the "opportunistic" poster

Darnell has spent the last 15 games playing like 3mil dman till last nite, where he looked everybit his new contract and then some. Maybe we should declare him on Hedman's level too while rollin w/ the insane takes?

If you want to turn off your brain, come to bizarro world and lose yourself in fairyland, this is the place
Damn if I could have a dollar for every strawman here...

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
If you watch the games and have no idea what is going on on the ice, there's really no point arguing with you.
His hate for JP is as obvious as it is illogical. Complete waste of time to argue with a poster who has dedicated a large percentage of his posts in the last 3 years to specifically hating on one player and anyone who is a fan of that player. The ignore option is your friend.

Reactions: PulYou

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Ive been here the whole time…I just don’t live in this thread like you do. I didn’t even comment about the Arizona game or Puljujarv’s play. I simply announced your all to predictable future posts. But instead you chose go off the deep end after Puljujarvi had a great game…which makes all your takes even more hilarious.

You could have saved yourself a lot of time by simply typing these 4 words.

I hate Jesse Puljujarvi

that’s all you have to say.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Ive been here the whole time…I just don’t live in this thread like you do. I didn’t even comment about the Arizona game or Puljujarv’s play. I simply announced your all to predictable future posts. But instead you chose go off the deep end after Puljujarvi had a great game…which makes all your takes even more hilarious.

You could have saved yourself a lot of time by simply typing these 4 words.

I hate Jesse Puljujarvi

that’s all you have to say.

He's not the one i hate

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Pulju could turn into a 40 goal 100 point player and he'd still try to find something to complain about. Dude has a weird obsession hating on Pulju regardless of how he plays. Kinda sad and hilarious at the same time honestly.

Reactions: PulYou and nabob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad