Player Discussion Jesse Puljujarvi Part 11: Solid Return Season Completed, How Does Next Season Go For the Big Finn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Pulju could turn into a 40 goal 100 point player and he'd still try to find something to complain about. Dude has a weird obsession hating on Pulju regardless of how he plays. Kinda sad and hilarious at the same time honestly.
maybe It’s that Jesse is such a happy and easy to get along with person and it’s such a 180 from his own personality that he sees his own shortcomings magnified?? So any mistake Jesse makes he feels the need to blow it way out of proportion??? You see that a lot in people who really don’t like themselves...because I honestly have no idea how some random person on the internet could harbor so much hate towards one player, and in turn anyone who hopes the player succeeds.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
iu

Reactions: nabob and oilers'72

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
maybe It’s that Jesse is such a happy and easy to get along with person and it’s such a 180 from his own personality that he sees his own shortcomings magnified?? So any mistake Jesse makes he feels the need to blow it way out of proportion??? You see that a lot in people who really don’t like themselves...because I honestly have no idea how some random person on the internet could harbor so much hate towards one player, and in turn anyone who hopes the player succeeds.
tenor.gif

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Inches away from scoring two goals. Ended up with no points to show for his efforts, again.
He has definitely been playing much better since getting reunited with McDavid. He seems to be playing more physical and his overall effort and play have taken a step up IMO. Here's to hoping that he goes on a bit of a heater and gets his confidence going full steam ahead.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
McCurdy had JP ranked over Kane as a more important player that game in his grades. True story. He graded JP better than Kane that game:laugh:

He also has JP as the prime target this season over Kane. JP 33 points in the top 6 on 54 games, Kane 26 points in 33. Yet McCurdy stresses JP is the prime cap allocation. What a dunce! McCurdy has always been on the level of Eklund when it comes to hockey talk, and you quoted him. oh brother

Does it feel good looking silly?

But oh wait, really looking forward to someone posting how JP's advanced stats were better in both games..let the tweets commence

Last edited:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
JP>>>>>>>Kane. Advanced stats say so

FYI, Kane has been lighting it up w/ McD consistently from day 1, despite JP on that line. Drai and Hyman doing fine also, and Yamo and Drai went on a heater a year ago w/ RNH
So seeing those advanced stats showing how JP makes "each line better" is pure comedy without context

Posting those sats is silly ala: ConYak

Last edited:

PulYou

Feb 16, 2018
McCurdy had JP ranked over Kane as a more important player that game in his grades. True story. He graded JP better than Kane that game:laugh:

He also has JP as the prime target this season over Kane. JP 33 points in the top 6 on 54 games, Kane 26 points in 33. Yet McCurdy stresses JP is the prime cap allocation. What a dunce! McCurdy has always been on the level of Eklund when it comes to hockey talk, and you quoted him. oh brother

Does it feel good looking silly?

But oh wait, really looking forward to someone posting how JP's advanced stats were better in both games..let the tweets commence

PulYou

Feb 16, 2018

FYI, Kane has been lighting it up w/ McD consistently from day 1, despite JP on that line. Drai and Hyman doing fine also, and Yamo and Drai went on a heater a year ago w/ RNH
So seeing those advanced stats showing how JP makes "each line better" is pure comedy without context

A litmus test You are not passing...

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

The DRY line was 2 years ago…I know you’re probably so angry that JP is playing really well that you’re having a hard time putting together timelines and coherent thoughts.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton

Never dismiss the straw that stirs the drink. He tilts the ice every single time, and every line he is on...so seriously underrated by you that's its silly. He makes things happen for everyone he plays with, and yes still needs to work on his finish. Lock him up say for 5 years at 3.5 and watch your investment GROW.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I love Jesse but I hope we can get him signed next year under 4M. Probably best to do a 1 year deal and then sign long term when we have more space.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Pulju has fewer goals per game this year over last year. 12 goals in 55 gp this year versus 15 goals in 55 gp last year.

I dunno I think he may have to accept a sub 4 mill deal ... his frequent scoring droughts are piling up.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I love Jesse but I hope we can get him signed next year under 4M. Probably best to do a 1 year deal and then sign long term when we have more space.
He can't possibly command over 4M per anyway.. 3.3x3 for both him and Yama..

Reactions: McDoused

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
The nice thing about Pulj being an advanced stats darling but somewhat average by the boxcars, is that contracts are usually signed with the boxcars in mind. The problem is that our dinosaur of a GM doesn't value advanced stats in the least, so I would be surprised if Holland is even aware of the fact that Pulj is such an advanced stats monster. Kane is great, and has looked fantastic on the top line. But due to other idiotic moves (Keith trade being primary) from our GM, we won't have the money to sign him to the deal he will be looking for (likely 6+ I would guess). Whereas we do have the money to re-sign Pulj at around 3-3.5. If I had to pick between signing Pulj to 3.5 or signing Kane to 6, I take Pulj all day long, because that 2.5 difference has to come from somewhere, so we regress in some other areas. Plus it is hard to overlook the age difference between Kane and Pulj. One is just entering his prime "outscore years" (Pulj 24 next year) and the other is just about to start the slow decline (Kane 31 next year). Holland values vets in an absurdly outsized manner though, so it won't surprise me if he doesn't even consider the age difference a problem, but rather thinks of it as a plus for Kane. The man truly doesn't have a limit to his stupidity.

There are ways we could sign all 3 of Pulj, Yams and Kane. But with the pathetic mistakes already made by Holland it will be very hard to do. We'd have to offload Kassian and Barrie at the very least, and ideally would be able to talk Keith into retiring. Additionally, we should be giving Skinner starts right now, to see if he can be a reliable and (almost more importantly) cheap 1B guy for next year. But again, our GM is f***ing brain-dead, so we aren't doing that. In case it isn't obvious, I DESPISE Holland, and don't trust him to make any of these glaringly obvious moves.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Pulju has fewer goals per game this year over last year. 12 goals in 55 gp this year versus 15 goals in 55 gp last year.

I dunno I think he may have to accept a sub 4 mill deal ... his frequent scoring droughts are piling up.

Not sure you saw McCurdys tweet that was posted? JP was the best player on the Oilers, again, at creating high danger chances.
Truly can't see the Oil having any negoatiating power with the best player on the team.
Did McDavid/Kane even get a point before JP was put on that line?

Kaptah2

Apr 30, 2020
Not sure you saw McCurdys tweet that was posted? JP was the best player on the Oilers, again, at creating high danger chances.
Truly can't see the Oil having any negoatiating power with the best player on the team.
Did McDavid/Kane even get a point before JP was put on that line?
Maybe you should try actually watching at least some of the games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad