Confirmed with Link: Jesse Puljujarvi 2 years 800k

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Rough Werks ahead for the Pens. Out of MTL,BUF,CAR,WPG,CGY,EDM and VAN I can see them winning maximum two games. That should be it for Sullivan, imo.

That’s the way things should work…unfortunately Mr. Top Three Coach will be here through Sid’s entire extension, which coincides with the length of his contract, because Sid and the organization want him here lol

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
That’s the way things should work…unfortunately Mr. Top Three Coach will be here through Sid’s entire extension, which coincides with the length of his contract, because Sid and the organization want him here lol
@Honour Over Glory said in another thread that Dubas wants Sullivan gone. I don’t know if there’s any source to it but one can hope

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
@Honour Over Glory said in another thread that Dubas wants Sullivan gone. I don’t know if there’s any source to it but one can hope
I haven’t heard a single source say that but I have heard Canadian NHL media state that FSG put a clause in Sullivan’s contract that essentially make it such that Dubas or any GM can’t fire him, only the owners…and Werner still seems to love him lol…his contract extension was signed with ownership before Dubas came on board

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
I haven’t heard a single source say that but I have heard Canadian NHL media state that FSG put a clause in Sullivan’s contract that essentially make it such that Dubas or any GM can’t fire him, only the owners…and Werner still seems to love him lol…his contract extension was signed with ownership before Dubas came on board
Hmmm, if true that only FSG can fire Sullivan the Pens are in a bad, bad spot.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
@Zirakzigil gave that hope. So I blame him.

That would be something that would be widely reported.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Well LeBrun recently said Sullivan had an “ironclad” contract when discussing whether Dubas would fire him this past summer
That would be absolutely ridiculous for a team to do. I don't know if any other team has done that to be honest. I do know that weasel Sullivan went and neogitated directly with the owners which is just the most weasely of weasel things to do, just a pure piece of shit.

I call bullshit on the ironclad bs. It'd be mentioned heavily in any Sullivan next to be fired or hot seat thread and there's quite a few.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Ironclad probably means he's still owed money even if he's hired elsewhere or something. Not that the GM can't fire the coach--that's psychotic.

But again, this team's f***ing stupid, so...

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Ironclad probably means he's still owed money even if he's hired elsewhere or something. Not that the GM can't fire the coach--that's psychotic.

But again, this team's f***ing stupid, so...
That should be something fsg should learn from next time, to not negotiate with the f***ing coach next time and let the blokes doing the job they were hired to do, to do it.

They can risk losing far more with fans slowly not showing up and the revenue lost by no playoffs again. Firing Sullivan is worth the cost.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
That should be something fsg should learn from next time, to not negotiate with the f***ing coach next time and let the blokes doing the job they were hired to do, to do it.

They can risk losing far more with fans slowly not showing up and the revenue lost by no playoffs again. Firing Sullivan is worth the cost.
For real. It's something like 0.003% of their collective net worth to fire him and eat the like $25M he's owed.

For a group that bought a team for a billion dollars just for shits and giggles, you'd think they wouldn't be so hesitant. But for whatever reason, they genuinely think he's an elite coach.

That's why I'm hoping the team is bad enough to get Sullivan's ego to make him walk. Like he's "too good" to put up with these kinda questions about prospect development and lineup decisions that the plebs just don't understand, and that he deserves to go elsewhere and coach for a contender.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
For real. It's something like 0.003% of their collective net worth to fire him and eat the like $25M he's owed.

For a group that bought a team for a billion dollars just for shits and giggles, you'd think they wouldn't be so hesitant. But for whatever reason, they genuinely think he's an elite coach.

That's why I'm hoping the team is bad enough to get Sullivan's ego to make him walk. Like he's "too good" to put up with these kinda questions about prospect development and lineup decisions that the plebs just don't understand, and that he deserves to go elsewhere and coach for a contender.
I think it's 3yrs at 5m/yr so it isn't even 25m, it's just 15. And I feel like he has the same stipulation every coach has - will get paid until he finds a new job and then his contract is null and void.

It's wild to think an ownership would value where a twat is from vs the smart move but when you dig into the blokes in FSG, dumb shit like that is right up their alley.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think it's 3yrs at 5m/yr so it isn't even 25m, it's just 15. And I feel like he has the same stipulation every coach has - will get paid until he finds a new job and then his contract is null and void.

It's wild to think an ownership would value where a twat is from vs the smart move but when you dig into the blokes in FSG, dumb shit like that is right up their alley.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was actually a clause where he'd still get paid even if he were hired somewhere else, just because this ownership/organization are so damn dysfunctional and driven by weird sentimental bullshit, and they gotta go the extra mile to get their guy.

But yeah, this team sucks. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if there was actually a clause where he'd still get paid even if he were hired somewhere else, just because this ownership/organization are so damn dysfunctional and driven by weird sentimental bullshit, and they gotta go the extra mile to get their guy.

But yeah, this team sucks. :laugh:
Yeah it wouldn't shock me. I bet they have some back door deal to give him shares in FSG as well so they can keep that wanker around no matter what.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad