Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - (On Loan to Liiga)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Agree.

La grosse vache armia!

tenor.gif

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I freaking know. I loved them in their prime, impressive beasts, plus they were so good together. Theres nothing you could do to defend against them, Perry rolled off defenders all over and Getzlaf punched them around while stick handling.

I want this in my life again
What you're describing is their zone-entries/plays off the rush. They were elite there too. But imo, their absolute domination came from how much they were strong on the boards and managed to keep the puck cycling all around the o-zone. Two big/strong players able to pin down a team in their own zone for a couple minutes straight. The only modern players who could do this at this level apart from them were the Sedins.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
If Armia is on KKs line I will lose it. Permanently.

In the two years with the team, KK has looked good with Armia, and much worse without him. Except for a stretch of 10 games in the "playoffs" this year where KK played well without Armia.

Suzuki looked so so with Tatar and Gallagher in the playoffs, but with Drouin and Armia, he looked unstoppable. I think having Armia on KK or Suzuki's line seems to correlate with the kids playing well. I know Armia could play with a bit more energy, but I think he is quietly very effective on the ice. Underrated player IMO, like Byron.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Armia is on KKs line I will lose it. Permanently.
There are a lot of bargains still available this offseason.

I would have liked MB to have used a pick to move Byron and sign one of them. That way we wouldn't have to worry about such a scenario as Armia with KK.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What you're describing is their zone-entries/plays off the rush. They were elite there too. But imo, their absolute domination came from how much they were strong on the boards and managed to keep the puck cycling all around the o-zone. Two big/strong players able to pin down a team in their own zone for a couple minutes straight. The only modern players who could do this at this level apart from them were the Sedins.
No, no. Im talking about their play down low. Its incredible how easy it was for Perry to just work his magic in tight spaces, the guy was breaking pins like a defensive end on a oline, and Getzlaf loved rattling people behind the lines, freaking amazing physical presence and they could outskill you (Especially Getzlaf.)

Thornton also used to be like Getzlaf, another one of my favorites. Especially once he got that man strength going for him at 26ish.

Reactions: Toene

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
In the two years with the team, KK has looked good with Armia, and much worse without him. Except for a stretch of 10 games in the "playoffs" this year where KK played well without Armia.

Suzuki looked so so with Tatar and Gallagher in the playoffs, but with Drouin and Armia, he looked unstoppable. I think having Armia on KK or Suzuki's line seems to correlate with the kids playing well. I know Armia could play with a bit more energy, but I think he is quietly very effective on the ice. Underrated player IMO, like Byron.

Hows their production with Yoel will miss every chances thrown at him armia?

There are a lot of bargains still available this offseason.

I would have liked MB to have used a pick to move Byron and sign one of them. That way we wouldn't have to worry about such a scenario as Armia with KK.

We dont have to worry about this if they play the best offensive players together.

Gally, Tatar, JA, Toffoli

Here we go, KK and Suzukis wingers.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hows their production with Yoel will miss every chances thrown at him armia?

We dont have to worry about this if they play the best offensive players together.

Gally, Tatar, JA, Toffoli

Here we go, KK and Suzukis wingers.

Yeah, except that's exactly what I'm worried about: CJ will go back to Tatar-Danault-Gallagher. I take that as a given until proven otherwise.

Reactions: cphabs

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah, except that's exactly what I'm worried about: CJ will go back to Tatar-Danault-Gallagher. I take that as a given until proven otherwise.
Obviously he will, but thats not what were discussing, right ? Predicting dumb shit CJ will do is a different beast.

TT-PD-BG
Drouin-Suzuki-Toffoli
Lekhonen-KK-Anderson
Byron-Evans-Armia

Is probably what hell do, bad lines with no real chemistry and hell ride those until its too late and the team is 15 pts out the POs again.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Obviously he will, but thats not what were discussing, right ? Predicting dumb shit CJ will do is a different beast.

TT-PD-BG
Drouin-Suzuki-Toffoli
Lekhonen-KK-Anderson
Byron-Evans-Armia

Is probably what hell do, bad lines with no real chemistry and hell ride those until its too late and the team is 15 pts out the POs again.

Yes, CJ is stubborn to make line changes. Drives me bananas...

I usually post a hybrid of what I know CJ will do and what I hope he'll do with the new elements, since we don't yet know for sure.

It is what it is...

Reactions: Toene

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
It's tough to break up that line since they play so well together. It's not like there isn't talent to play with Suzy and KK. Try some different combos in preseason

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's tough to break up that line since they play so well together. It's not like there isn't talent to play with Suzy and KK. Try some different combos in preseason

The new guys will help. I would have preferred one more offensive player in Byron's spot and Lehkonen and Armia on the 4th line.

But let's hope one of Byron, Lehkonen, or Armia can find some chemistry on one of the other two top 3 lines. It's what we have. So let's hope for some magic.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Montreals Forum

Oct 27, 2020
Love Koktaniemi... I believe he will explode this upcoming season.

I remember the guy saying he was in a 2 year muscle building routine, that should be rounding in to form this off season.

I wholeheartedly believe he will take the # 1 spot this upcoming season... The kids got it between the ears.

After it's all said and done... Julien and even Muller being old warhorses themselves, who gets the # 1 will have to earn it.
By the Numbers Danault has it because he has performed the best there.
His lack of production will be his demise in the #1 role however. Which will only lead to the Habs overall improvement in the upcoming season, once Kotka takes his place.

Reactions: Gravity

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Yes, CJ is stubborn to make line changes. Drives me bananas...

I usually post a hybrid of what I know CJ will do and what I hope he'll do with the new elements, since we don't yet know for sure.

It is what it is...
Clod gonna Clod............year after year.
He will have more options this year, let's wait and see. Still not a fan of our coach, but.............time will tell.

Reactions: 26Mats and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He will have more options this year, let's wait and see. Still not a fan of our coach, but.............time will tell.

If KK takes another leap from what he did in the playoffs, or in the least, just steadily continues from where he left off, I'm guessing no head coach who has a shred of credibility would be able to set that aside. Performance and results dictate decisions in a results-oriented environment.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I would say our 2 top 9 wingers that are lowest on the depth chart are Drouin and Armia. Those two did well with Suzuki and have done well with Kk in the past. So worst case scenario, of playing with those two, for either KK or Suzuki, isn't that bad.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
KK's second game for Assat will be at 12:30. He is at 2C as he was in his first game:

On Saturday, Assat had said that they will try to work out a way to allow fans in North America to watch their games. Still not word on that yet. Unfortunately, Liiga games are on a streaming service that is geoblocked. Even a VPN doesn't do the trick.

Reactions: TesseractPrice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad