Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - (On Loan to Liiga)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
KK is looking less like a playmaker and more like a scoring/hitting Centerman.

In that case it would be wise to put a playmaking winger on his line.

I like KK but I don't know where this hyper physical play came from. Was this the coaching staffs doing? Is that what they expect from him?

He came in the PO's scored 4 goals, No assists and hit everything that moves.

It was very different from his rookie year.

Hopefully he doesn't get confused and just plays his game.

I see a 3rd line of Byron - KK - Tofolli
To start the year.

Maybe Anderson switched with TT at some point.
But I don't see Lehky on his left though.

Kk said he enjoys the physical/hitting part of the game. He said it's fun.

I think he also has a chip on his shoulder from coming into the league under weight and getting pushed around.

Initially I think he wanted to bulk up to prevent being pushed around, and pushed off the puck. But now that he's starting to turn into a physical beast, he's taken to using this new found strength.

I think he'll settle down and realize if he spends all his energy hitting, he'll have less production...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I like KK but I don't know where this hyper physical play came from. Was this the coaching staffs doing? Is that what they expect from him?

To start the year.

He has always played like this, as far back as Ive seen him he was gritty and love physicaly imposing himself, thats why I loved him so much.

The guy can snipe and playmake though, dont get it twisted.

Reactions: Hacketts

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
KK and Anderson could be a really poor mans style of play only Getzlaf/Perry
Getzlaf/Perry were cycle gods.

Getzlaf and Perry I think are either hall of famers or borderline hall met gamers. They largely played in an era where scoring was low so their career stats aren't as high. But they were among the best of their era.

Kk has a unique mix of skills and has shown an ability to learn quickly. The sky's the limit for him in terms of what he can become very good at - defensive play, scoring, playmaking, transition game, hitting, cycling, etc... But I'm not yet sure he'll be elite at any one thing.

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Imagine the frustration of opposing defenders where they are forced to hold on to the puck on one shift because Suzuki is taking away passing options and on the next shift if they hesitate a second too long, in comes this 6’3 Finnish beast ready to pulverize them.
It's been a while since we've had 2 centers to be excited to watch in Montreal. I cant wait to see how they develop out, could be a very dangerous duo once they hit their primes.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Jul 6, 2016

To start the year.

In his last year in Finland, wasn't he playing on a wing most of the times ?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
if the plan is to keep Drouin with Suzuki then I think you need Anderson's size/physical game to off-set the cream puffiness of Drouin. I would be fine with Anderson on the RW of either though.

Gallagher has enough sandpaper to work with Drouin and Suzuki I think, he just has to stop hogging all the pucks from Suzuki though.

In his last year in Finland, wasn't he playing on a wing most of the times ?

Yes

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
if the plan is to keep Drouin with Suzuki then I think you need Anderson's size/physical game to off-set the cream puffiness of Drouin. I would be fine with Anderson on the RW of either though.

Nah, I think Suzuki's brains take care of that. It will be Drouin - Suzuki - Toffoli. Anderson - KK - Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad