Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - (On Loan to Liiga)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
We're amazing lol.

In Winnipeg he was One Man Armia, here he's a Cow. :laugh:

Would love for Armia to be more consistent but he paced for 20/20 last year. He had a career year without even a full 82 games played. He's only trending up.

Had a miserable start to the playoffs but was great as it went along.

No idea why people write him off so much on here. I'm actually interested in keeping him and Drouin together. If Suzuki can get these two going and it works then why not? Just opens up the possibility of 3 pretty killer scoring lines

Drouin-Suzuki-Armia
Toffoli-KK-Anderson
Gallagher- you know the rest

Reactions: TesseractPrice

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Would love for Armia to be more consistent but he paced for 20/20 last year. He had a career year without even a full 82 games played. He's only trending up.

Had a miserable start to the playoffs but was great as it went along.

No idea why people write him off so much on here. I'm actually interested in keeping him and Drouin together. If Suzuki can get these two going and it works then why not? Just opens up the possibility of 3 pretty killer scoring lines

Drouin-Suzuki-Armia
Toffoli-KK-Anderson
Gallagher- you know the rest

If this works it's great news for KK for sure, but Armia and Drouin are both extremely streaky players when it comes to production. This line could get ice cold for long stretch of time and, at the moment, Suzuki is one of the team's best forward. You have to maximize his output which already looks like 60 points per season

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
If this works it's great news for KK for sure, but Armia and Drouin are both extremely streaky players when it comes to production. This line could get ice cold for long stretch of time and, at the moment, Suzuki is one of the team's best forward. You have to maximize his output which already looks like 60 points per season
Considering Suzy is still young and hasn't rounded out his game in full yet, I'm reluctant to say he'll be nothing more than a 60 point player going forward especially given the offensive ability he's shown so far.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

oh yeah. try it till it doesn't work. but the chemistry was there for a bit at least. it's worth trying.

I totally get that Suzuki is being saddled with two guys who have their problems. I am confident that Suzuki is good enough to make those around him better. He totally fits the mold of a guy who can get the best out of his linemates.

While many will think Suzuki's getting the short shrift with these two, which I totally get, I think that both Drouin and Armia can be better. It's not like they don't have skill. Consistency is both of these guys' main problems. I think if any one of our centers can get the best of these 2 it's Suzuki. And if these 2 can get going then we're going to be a problem in the East. It's a bit of a long shot but it's worth at least trying for a small stint. They've looked great together before. Let it work till it doesn't.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Considering Suzy is still young and hasn't rounded out his game in full yet, I'm reluctant to say he'll be nothing more than a 60 point player going forward especially given the offensive ability he's shown so far.

I get you but at the same time he had 48 points in 81 games last season if we pool regular season + playoffs and he did spend some time on the 4th line. I'd say a 55-60 points pace over 82 next season isn't far fetched in his case

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I get you but at the same time he had 48 points in 81 games last season if we pool regular season + playoffs and he did spend some time on the 4th line. I'd say a 55-60 points pace over 82 next season isn't far fetched in his case
I think Suzuki approaches PPG next year.

As for KK I’d be happy if he can touch 60 next season (per 82 game pace), but 50s is more realistic. Perhaps the following year he can take that next step which I think Suzuki does this upcoming season and approach PPG levels of production.

Reactions: Redux91

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Better than Svech and Dahlin...or even Hughes? I like Kotka, but I can't see him ever surpassing these guys.

I have to look back in the mocks and 2018 draft threads but I am pretty certain I had Hughes near the top of my list going into the draft. I remember having to defend him because some thought his size meant he’d be firing muffins for shots :rolleyes:

I feel Kotkaniemi will earn a spot among the 10 best players out of that draft, but to me, Hughes I think will be the best player from 2018.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
We can't forget that these are Kotkaniemi's first competitive games in 2 months....it might take him a few games to nail down his timing etc.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Better than Svech and Dahlin...or even Hughes? I like Kotka, but I can't see him ever surpassing these guys.
Svechnikov has this nailed down. I thought Dahlin but now its clear Svechnikov is going to be a top 5 player in the world for the foreseeable future.

#2 is still up for grabs though.

Unsure if theres a scenario where KK isnt top 5. Hughes, Boqvist, Dahlin and him round this out.

Reactions: Eegs

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
All flash but no point?

At some point, if he doesn’t produce in that league, it’s gonna be concerning lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad