Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - (On Loan to Liiga)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaholic25

Oct 22, 2020
What are the chances Kotkaniemi reaches the $2.5M performance bonus targets this next season? That's a factor cause if we are tight against the cap all year, we will have to defer any performance bonuses to the 21/22 season which complicates our cap space even more.

Anybody know what targets he needs to reach in order to kick in that performance bonus?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Iltalehti.fi: Jesperi Kotkaniemi (20/10/20)
“The weight when I left was probably 75 kilos and now my weight is 90 kilos. I don't know if it's meat or something else, but something has come...”
“I was waiting for workouts and games to get on the ice. No other activity was found. It was sleeping, eating and squatting with a golf simulator.”
“I'm not a tensioner or stresser about stuff like that (NHL). It’s nice to come home to a familiar environment... Without the special situation, this wouldn't have been possible.”

Reactions: cphabs

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
What are the chances Kotkaniemi reaches the $2.5M performance bonus targets this next season? That's a factor cause if we are tight against the cap all year, we will have to defer any performance bonuses to the 21/22 season which complicates our cap space even more.

Anybody know what targets he needs to reach in order to kick in that performance bonus?

There are going to be long term injuries and that means less salary cap; I wouldn't be too concerned personally.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

here's a good article that lists what they usually are,

New York Islanders How Performance Bonuses Work for ELC Contracts

Reactions: Habaholic25

Habaholic25

Oct 22, 2020
here's a good article that lists what they usually are,

New York Islanders How Performance Bonuses Work for ELC Contracts

Thanks for sharing that. I downloaded the CBA into PDF for future use. 540 pages!! :faq:

I read that a few times now (pages 326 - 331) and still don't have a good handle on that.

1) A Performance Bonuses are easy to understand. Maximum amount is $850k.
2) B Performances Bonuses are a bit more complicated.

Kotkaniemi has a maximum amount of $2.5M in performance bonuses (according to cap friendly). Seems like he would have to bust out to a top 10 or top 20 player in the NHL in order to even come close to that. Appears the probability is very low he reaches even $1M in performances bonuses?

Reactions: montreal

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Thanks for sharing that. I downloaded the CBA into PDF for future use. 540 pages!! :faq:

I read that a few times now (pages 326 - 331) and still don't have a good handle on that.

1) A Performance Bonuses are easy to understand. Maximum amount is $850k.
2) B Performances Bonuses are a bit more complicated.

Kotkaniemi has a maximum amount of $2.5M in performance bonuses (according to cap friendly). Seems like he would have to bust out to a top 10 or top 20 player in the NHL in order to even come close to that. Appears the probability is very low he reaches even $1M in performances bonuses?

Well we'd have to get hold OF his contract itself to really know all the details lol

But safe to say, if Kotka played to the point of triggering these performance bonuses, then it would at least mean he is doing well, and if he's doing well, then the team will be doing well

so not really a problem overall, gotta pay your best players

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
2 years ago , I wrote a few times that Kk at his prime will be dominant in all 3 zones like Bergeron, Toews, Kopitar.

I stand by it.

In fact, it is obvious now to say that Suzuki will play on pk and rightfully so.

However I see Kk as well playing on the pk down the road and be very effective.

He has a long reach to cut passes, and he has good anticipation. He will score some goals as well on the pk on 2 vs 1 etc..
Agreed I see the two of them being the Bergeron krejci of the habs. Really excited for this year

whenever it is

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Well we'd have to get hold OF his contract itself to really know all the details lol

But safe to say, if Kotka played to the point of triggering these performance bonuses, then it would at least mean he is doing well, and if he's doing well, then the team will be doing well

so not really a problem overall, gotta pay your best players
Or? Keep them in a role where they can’t achieve the bonus...

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Good luck Bustperi Bustniemi and god speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad