Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - (On Loan to Liiga)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I'm expecting PPG. This guy is supposed to be our Pettersson. He was a 3rd overall pick for a reason. Anyways, The AHL is comparable to Liiga and he was ppg down there so why not?
Even Pettersson wasnt supposed to be Pettersson. Weird comment.

Puljujärvi is probably more dangerous on offense, but I don't think it's too bold to assume KK is more useful to his team as a whole.
He is not. I think Kotka is better at everything except speed. Pulju still looks lost out there

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
He also said in that press that he weighed around 75 kilos when he left and now he's over 90 kilos. "I don't know if it's all muscle, but I have gained something fo sure". (Spoiler: it's not all muscle, and he knows it :laugh:)

Reactions: DAChampion

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Someone posted over on the habs subreddit, at his finnish presser he said he's up to 200lbs (90kg) and has been working all summer on mass and skating (with a finnish speed skating coach). Sounds like if so this bodes really well for next year
Added weight could slow him down for a season, but that's kind of difficult to avoid. Maybe playing in Liiga will help him to get thiccc before NHL season.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Added weight could slow him down for a season, but that's kind of difficult to avoid. Maybe playing in Liiga will help him to get thiccc before NHL season.

By his comments he also tried to translate the results on the ice with Summanen (ex Finland coach) and Hänninen (ex speed skater). Hopefully it's better than last year where he looked slower and too top heavy. If he added mass in the bottom and has trunks for legs, he should be faster and have a better acceleration. Also the fact that the Liiga will help him get an idea of his training regimen before the season starts (if it does...:( )

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
This kid is the real deal. Make no mistake, KK will be a top 10-15 center in this league for years to come. I am higher on him than Suzuki still.

I'd agree that his ceiling probably tops out a bit higher than Suzuki.... But wow, imagine both end up closer to their full potential???
We're talking a seriously elite pair of C's for years to come, both with great attitude & mindset.

Here's hoping!

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Even Daniel Audette putting up points, will be very disappointing of he can't dominate the league.

The covid delay is a blessing in disguise, he's finally going to get the development reps to be a top liner.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Someone posted over on the habs subreddit, at his finnish presser he said he's up to 200lbs (90kg) and has been working all summer on mass and skating (with a finnish speed skating coach). Sounds like if so this bodes really well for next year

that's great to hear! Now if we could only get RDS to show his games.

I'd agree that his ceiling probably tops out a bit higher than Suzuki.... But wow, imagine both end up closer to their full potential???
We're talking a seriously elite pair of C's for years to come, both with great attitude & mindset.

Here's hoping!

It's why I say the only thing I really care about this up coming season is how Suzuki/Kotka and Romanov are handled and how they do of course. I will lose my shit if Julien puts Kotka as the 3rd line center again.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
that's great to hear! Now if we could only get RDS to show his games.

It's why I say the only thing I really care about this up coming season is how Suzuki/Kotka and Romanov are handled and how they do of course. I will lose my shit if Julien puts Kotka as the 3rd line center again.
I don’t really think we will have a true 3rd line Center this year, some nights Danault will get more ice and other times it will be KK. I’m hoping for a 60-40 kind of split in KK’s favour, but we shall see. TBH I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s our number 1 by the midway point.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I don’t really think we will have a true 3rd line Center this year, some nights Danault will get more ice and other times it will be KK. I’m hoping for a 60-40 kind of split in KK’s favour, but we shall see. TBH I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s our number 1 by the midway point.

I'm expecting three second limes if everybody is healthy.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I'm expecting three second limes if everybody is healthy.
rotting-limes-on-a-black-surface-with-one-lime-sliced-in-half-limes-turning-brown-and-getting-old-2a7t4ed.jpg

I try to not buy second limes, they might have some juice but you don't want the rot in your drink, its not healthy :(;) J/K

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Assat is playing tomorrow. Curious to know if Kotkaniemi will play.

I know Arpon Basu tweeted that he will play on Saturday. So it's possible he won't play tomorrow.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
rotting-limes-on-a-black-surface-with-one-lime-sliced-in-half-limes-turning-brown-and-getting-old-2a7t4ed.jpg

I try to not buy second limes, they might have some juice but you don't want the rot in your drink, its not healthy :(;) J/K
I would not buy seconds of any type of food. Clothing seconds might be ok for people on a budget. They go on your body, yes, but at least not IN your body.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

that would be ok, this past season Kotka played 12 seconds per game more then Thompson, that can't happen. I know he was shit but they should have pulled their head out of their ass and sent him down way sooner. Danault was just under 19 mins per and Suzuki just under 16. I want to see Suzuki end the year 1st in TOI among centers, Kotka if not 2nd needs to be a lot higher then 13 mins and I'd like to see him get the better wingers then Danault.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
that would be ok, this past season Kotka played 12 seconds per game more then Thompson, that can't happen. I know he was shit but they should have pulled their head out of their ass and sent him down way sooner. Danault was just under 19 mins per and Suzuki just under 16. I want to see Suzuki end the year 1st in TOI among centers, Kotka if not 2nd needs to be a lot higher then 13 mins and I'd like to see him get the better wingers then Danault.

Exactly my thoughts. Danault can get all the PK time and own-zone faceoffs he wants, as long as Suzuki and KK have quality wingers with them.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I’m not as Concerned about raw TOI stats, Danault can play all the PK minutes he can absorb and I’m perfectly fine with that. I’m more concerned about ES ice time and PP ice time. I think we are in a better position to give KK some competent 2nd/3rd line wingers. I’ll make a prediction and say by the 30/40 game mark he will have forced his hand enough to surpass both Suzuki and Danault in even strength ice, pp time and be awarded 2 of our 4 best wingers.

Reactions: Gravity

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I’m not as Concerned about raw TOI stats, Danault can play all the PK minutes he can absorb and I’m perfectly fine with that. I’m more concerned about ES ice time and PP ice time. I think we are in a better position to give KK some competent 2nd/3rd line wingers. I’ll make a prediction and say by the 30/40 game mark he will have forced his hand enough to surpass both Suzuki and Danault in even strength ice, pp time and be awarded 2 of our 4 best wingers.

I'd be surprised if he's better then Suzuki, the ES TOI is a good point though it will even out over the season in terms of TOI since there's not that man penalties over 82 games or however many they end up playing. They clearly are in a better spot to give him one better winger but I'm greedy and want 2 as I don't give a shit about want Danault wants. I cringe at the thought of Kotka having Leks or Armia as wingers.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Puljujärvi is probably more dangerous on offense, but I don't think it's too bold to assume KK is more useful to his team as a whole.
Not true, Puljujarvi doesn't have the vision and passing ability that Kotka possesses.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
By his comments he also tried to translate the results on the ice with Summanen (ex Finland coach) and Hänninen (ex speed skater). Hopefully it's better than last year where he looked slower and too top heavy. If he added mass in the bottom and has trunks for legs, he should be faster and have a better acceleration. Also the fact that the Liiga will help him get an idea of his training regimen before the season starts (if it does...:( )
The kid had before the playoffs while he was at home done squats like a mad man and it definetally showed, can't see why he wouldn't have continued to do so, gotta say hats off to him for his work ethic you can definetally see how much it means to him to succeed in Montreal.

Last edited:
Reactions: TesseractPrice

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
2 years ago , I wrote a few times that Kk at his prime will be dominant in all 3 zones like Bergeron, Toews, Kopitar.

I stand by it.

In fact, it is obvious now to say that Suzuki will play on pk and rightfully so.

However I see Kk as well playing on the pk down the road and be very effective.

He has a long reach to cut passes, and he has good anticipation. He will score some goals as well on the pk on 2 vs 1 etc..

Reactions: Gravity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad