Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - (On Loan to Liiga)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Yeah but it doesnt work outside of EU and it blocks all connections with vpn.
AFAIK it doesn't work outside of Finland at all. The system super sucks, but what can you expect when the service is carried out by an mobile/ISP.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Yeah. There's probably a few ways to do it logistically. There's been talk of a Canadian only division for example (that way cross-border travel isn't necessary).

My biggest hurdle is the no fans. I just can't get past the finances. How are all these owners going to dish out ~80M$ in salary this year while generating on average ~100M$ less revenue (and some a whole lot more) from fans in attendance at games? The economics don't make sense to me. There isn't enough revenue in tv deals and other sources.

I think having no fans for the first ~20-30 games, and adding fans later on could be a workaround - but it's also a huge risk, because there's no telling if the situation around the world will get better to allow fans back to game by ~March let's say.

Also - if you do less fans and distance them out - that at least half the capacity gone, and half the revenue, probably more. That also doesn't seem financially viable to me.
I wonder if the players get paid still if theres no hockey? Maybe thats a union thing? Considered a layoff? Anyway, i suppose ANY revenue is better than none. In a condensed schedule, injuries will be a huge factor. The team that stays relatively healthy will have a big advantage. Having 2 solid goalies is huge too. Thats probably a big reason why Bergevin got Allen without giving Lindgren another shot.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Keertula (Development Director Assat Pori): JESPERI KOTKANIEMI VAHVISTAA ASSIEN HYOKKAYSTA
“We've been communicating since the summer about our policy on NHL loan players. We've also known the thoughts of Jesper as well as the Montreal Canadiens all along. As the NHL start schedule stretched beyond what was first announced, this loan agreement began to seem possible to all parties...”
“We're really excited that we got Jesperi. First of all, this is a big deal for our juniors all the way from the Patajunnuliiga as well as the supporters and partners. Secondly, we're talking about one of the future top players in the NHL, who I believe will rise to the top three of the Finnish NHL players in the coming years. Thirdly, this is a big thing for the whole League and the followers of different cities to see a top Finnish player close to them.”
“Jesperi is a great person and an ambassador of Pori hockey in the world... He has a strong desire to play here and help our community with this actual situation. Jesperi is familiar to most of our team, as he has trained here before both of his NHL seasons.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Kotkaniemi: JESPERI KOTKANIEMI VAHVISTAA ASSIEN HYOKKAYSTA
“Nice to return at home and to this team. It's great to play in Pori, there are good memories here and the team has many acquaintances.”

“I've seen more games this season. The team is really interesting to watch.”

“I think I played well and gained more self-confidence from my goals during the playoffs...”

“Now I'm in a good shape... At first, I was a couple of weeks in quarantine and since then I've been training hard in Helsinki. Power levels have been sought up and have also been successful. Now the new forces are moving at the pace of the game. I've been on the ice, so far I feel good...”

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I think one or two people mentioned this but it is worth considering. Would suck if he got injured.

I'm definitely in favour of this move but you know this board will have a meltdown if he gets injured while playing 'on loan' if it's any degree of serious.

I do think this is a great move for him. Have him build on his playoff performance.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Habs fans for the next few months.
Ekdx_TDXUAERCLY

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
A lot of people are speculating 48 to 60 because NBC doesn't want games in July as they have NHL rights and Olympic rights and they are working under the assumption both are happening.

Okay. Was just thinking if they were going to try to jam in 82 games that , coupled with games in Europe could wear KK down. Reduced schedule is fine. That way we could also have a normal time frame for seasons end.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I wonder if the players get paid still if theres no hockey? Maybe thats a union thing? Considered a layoff? Anyway, i suppose ANY revenue is better than none. In a condensed schedule, injuries will be a huge factor. The team that stays relatively healthy will have a big advantage. Having 2 solid goalies is huge too. Thats probably a big reason why Bergevin got Allen without giving Lindgren another shot.

I don't think they get paid if no season - they didn't get paid during a lockout for example. Also - if the season is 41 games instead of 82, do they get paid half salary? I'm not 100% sure how that works.

Also - about any revenue being better than none. Sure - but another component is cost of operations. Bell Center holds 21,000 fans. And it probably costs xx$ per game to operate. If they can only fill it at....25% capacity? The costs to operate are still almost as high. And with all the new security measures in-place due to COVID, it's some extra costs probably. Not even sure if they'd break even per game.

It's a difficult situation. I don't know how they'll move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad