Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - (On Loan to Liiga)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Anyone concerned about potential injury?
Any idea on how many games? Hopefully not too many?

This type of question always bewilders me ... you can get hurt on any play in any sport at ANY given moment...

You could snap your achilles tendon just walking out the door to go to work in the morning...

If sports management were so concerned about "potential" injuries, why would anyone ever get signed ever?

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I have this surrealist attitude where every morning I open HF, I think to myself, "oh boy, what's it gonna f****n be today?" and I misread this as "Kotkaniemi traded to Kings" for some reason and nearly had a heart attack

Anyways, on a serious note, do we still have hope for a January 1 start? I'm skeptical we'll even have a season at all.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I have this surrealist attitude where every morning I open HF, I think to myself, "oh boy, what's it gonna f****n be today?" and I misread this as "Kotkaniemi traded to Kings" for some reason and nearly had a heart attack

Anyways, on a serious note, do we still have hope for a January 1 start? I'm skeptical we'll even have a season at all.

Not having a season at all would really suck. The wait would be a killer. Is mass vaccination the only way to bring crowds back given the rising numbers? And where is that at? As @Kriss E pointed out bubbles are too expensive. They would at least have to relax the rules for families to keep their sanity, not sure how....

Reactions: Stive Morgan

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This type of question always bewilders me ... you can get hurt on any play in any sport at ANY given moment...

You could snap your achilles tendon just walking out the door to go to work in the morning...

If sports management were so concerned about "potential" injuries, why would anyone ever get signed ever?
These would be absolutely meaningless games........how will everyone react if he gets hurt, and badly playing meaningless games.

If he gets hurt in an every day accident, so be it.......

Your answer bewilders me.....

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
These would be absolutely meaningless games........how will everyone react if he gets hurt, and badly playing meaningless games.

If he gets hurt in an every day accident, so be it.......

Your answer bewilders me.....

They are not meaningless though. Those games will be great for his development and increasing his confidence

Bushfire31

Sep 11, 2018
You missed my point.................are you ok if he busts his leg, and misses next season, playing a meaningless game, as far as the habs are concerned?
Would you be okay if he busts his leg in the gym, and misses next season while doing a meaningless lift?
Does that mean he shouldn’t be training and doing whatever it takes to better his game?
Let the kid play, relax. There’s nothing reckless about this at all.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
You missed my point.................are you ok if he busts his leg, and misses next season, playing a meaningless game, as far as the habs are concerned?
Yes

Glad to see he got the chance to play some pro hockey. He's still young, should put too much stress on his body. If Joe Thorthon can do it, I'm sure he can.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

What are the chances that happen? I'll take the small risk for the big reward

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

I think there's too much money riding on it not to at least try to have a season. Hopefully by that time actual grown adults will be in charge down south and the pandemic will be managed better.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Man that sucks. . We can finally ice a very strong lineup, and theres a chance there might be an abreviated season or maybe not one at all. I would cry! On a side note i heard the ahl is December 4 tentatively

My only consolation is that any sort of condensed season would greatly benefit deep teams that can roll lines and have 2 good goalies.

Reactions: LePenseur

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Would you be okay if he busts his leg in the gym, and misses next season while doing a meaningless lift?
Does that mean he shouldn’t be training and doing whatever it takes to better his game?
Let the kid play, relax. There’s nothing reckless about this at all.
What is the chance he busts his leg in the gym, vs playing hockey? Big difference..............my concern would be if there are too many games, not that he is playing, but if it's too many games........concern for me for sure...
On the upside, it could help his development, if he doesn't play too many games, and hopefully not worn out once the condensed schedule hits the NHL.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
I tried to look up what Kotkaniemi 2.5M performance bonuses are? Julien will give him less TOI so he doesn't get them and stay under the cap which sucks for the kid on a hockey perspective :(
I don't think Julien cares all that much if Molson loses 2,5M tbh, coaches give icetime to players they think will win them games... And unless it changed in the last few years bonuses are included in the player's cap hit automatically, doesn't matter if he "completes the objectives" to get his bonuses or not so it won't change anything towards the cap regardless

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Olympics make it tough to have a 82 game season with playoffs

Does good for Kotka to keep developing his confidence, and Liiga has a lighter schedule

Bearr

Dec 31, 2015
Reactions: Hannibal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad