Tribute Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Goodbye and Good Luck part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Their poor result with or without KK this season will just prove my point.
We are not better in the center line that we were last season.
We are not better this season without Weber than with Savard and Wideman
Another surgery for Price.

My point will prove itself. Habs during regular seasons are completely lost in the last 5 years.

Danault was leaving regardless.
Unless MB did something stupid crazy like 6mil+ per. JMO but seems obvious.
So it's DVO > KK and that's easy for this year.
So ya I think we are better at C than if we kept KK n not added DVO.
If we got DVO n KK wanted to stay he woulda still been stuck at 3rd C with the same issues in his game. And potentially the attitude (if true)
Let it play out before judging. I know I will.
Im hopeful Zuk (+1 yr over last)/ DVO/ Evans (and maybe a trade deadline aquisisition) > Zuk ( last yr) Danualt/ KK. It's not outta the realm of possibility.
To judge before it plays put doesn't make it fact

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Their poor result with or without KK this season will just prove my point.
We are not better in the center line that we were last season.
We are not better this season without Weber than with Savard and Wideman
Another surgery for Price.

My point will prove itself. Habs during regular seasons are completely lost in the last 5 years.
Uhm yes we are

Suzuki=Suzuki
Dvorak>Danault
Poehling/Evans=<KK
Poehling/Evans=Evans

We upgraded our 2C and might have downgraded our 3C. Weber was complete dog shit in the regular season. Hoffman helps the PP way more than Tatar. Most importantly, Habs don't get dicked with an absurd schedule. I'm not crazy optimistic about this team, but we got more talented up front for sure.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
Uhm yes we are

Suzuki=Suzuki
Dvorak>Danault
Poehling/Evans=<KK
Poehling/Evans=Evans

We upgraded our 2C and might have downgraded our 3C. Weber was complete dog shit in the regular season. Hoffman helps the PP way more than Tatar. Most importantly, Habs don't get dicked with an absurd schedule. I'm not crazy optimistic about this team, but we got more talented up front for sure.

This!

Except, I think Suzuki > Suzuki. By that I mean the strides he made during POs on top of his development trajectory indicate to me that he will be clearly better than last year. DVO clearly better than Danny,..... the rest?.... a wash.

I agree with all the other points.

benthepr0p

Mar 7, 2018
Dvorak is gonna help us forget about him quickly. If the Canes really wanted to get us back they should’ve waited til next year and gave Suzuki an offersheet if negotiations took that long. I don’t see KK ever being more then a 3c or a very mediocre winger.
What if they expected us to match on KK, mess up our cap and then they could offer sheet Suzuki next year. This wouldn't surprise me since they seemed kind of shocked that we didn't match.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Ideally we add a veteran center who wins face offs and can shutdown.

Chris Tierney is a player the team should scout. Pending UFA next season plays for Ottawa has speed and is defensive sound. Scores like 15 goals a season too. Kills penalties. Fits the Habs description of Danault lite.

might be available at the deadline for some picks and prospect.

Reactions: HabsQC and frapp10

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Uhm yes we are

Suzuki=Suzuki
Dvorak>Danault
Poehling/Evans=<KK
Poehling/Evans=Evans

Im sorry but offensively KK is far superior than Evans
Also Poehling struggles to make the team.
as for Dvorak and Danault , we'll see if Dvorak can hit a 40 points season without having 19min a game like Danault
But yeah offensively Dvorak is much superior than Danault
But i still think having KK at 3rd center is superior than Evans.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Danault was leaving regardless.
Unless MB did something stupid crazy like 6mil+ per. JMO but seems obvious.
So it's DVO > KK and that's easy for this year.
So ya I think we are better at C than if we kept KK n not added DVO.
If we got DVO n KK wanted to stay he woulda still been stuck at 3rd C with the same issues in his game. And potentially the attitude (if true)
Let it play out before judging. I know I will.
Im hopeful Zuk (+1 yr over last)/ DVO/ Evans (and maybe a trade deadline aquisisition) > Zuk ( last yr) Danualt/ KK. It's not outta the realm of possibility.
To judge before it plays put doesn't make it fact

True
True 6m to Kotkaniemi was a big No Carolina are stupid , can't argue with that
For sure Dvorak is better than KK right now atleast. But Dvorak is not a top center in the nhl , he's a fine player but he's a second center at best.
I think if we look at the 4 centers of last season before season started and this season , last year we had a better center line.
Perhaps KK have personal issues but that's so weird some of those players with issues the second they leave this org somehow transforms.
for sure
I don't get the ZuK thing sorry
Im not judging but on paper the team is not better than last season. Maybe more punch offensively but we did not address the big needs

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
as for Dvorak and Danault , we'll see if Dvorak can hit a 40 points season without having 19min a game like Danault
KK literally had 20 points last year and 5 goals. It's not hard to replace that production. So you think downgrading on a 3C makes the team worse even if we upgraded the 2c?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
True
True 6m to Kotkaniemi was a big No Carolina are stupid , can't argue with that
For sure Dvorak is better than KK right now atleast. But Dvorak is not a top center in the nhl , he's a fine player but he's a second center at best.
I think if we look at the 4 centers of last season before season started and this season , last year we had a better center line.
Perhaps KK have personal issues but that's so weird some of those players with issues the second they leave this org somehow transforms.
for sure
I don't get the ZuK thing sorry
Im not judging but on paper the team is not better than last season. Maybe more punch offensively but we did not address the big needs

Sorry my bad, didn't explain the Suzuki thing well.
At C I think they will he better. (KK will play the W in Car for a reason. If he was sooo good at C ya figure he'd make any teams 3rd line at that position in his 4th year)......maybe he does, we will see.
Suzuki should be better than last year. +
DVO should equal Danaults contribution (a step behind defensively but 2 steps ahead offensively) +
KK at 3rd C.....easy to replace his contribution ( not talking potential down the road but the here n now ) = at worst but I guess better.
Winger position is stronger ( addition of Caufield n Hoffman for a season ) +
Weber loss is tough. -
Goalies are a year older but Price was put for a good chunk and wasn't great early season so I'll give it wash.
DD has a chance to practice n implement his systems.

No reason not to be hopeful they can be a better team in the reg season than last year. And better at the C position without KK.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
The kid is gone. I was, and still am, a huge supporter of his. I'm rooting for him and I hope he has success with the Canes.

Why are some trashing him like he was the worst thing that ever happened to the CH? He took the money and ran after he thought he was being treated unfairly. Was he justified in his reasoning? It doesn't matter, it was his perception and he dealt with it by signing an offer sheet and leaving.

I'll tell you one thing, if I thought I was being treated unfairly at work and someone offered me 2-3 times more than what my current job was offering, I'd run so fast you'd get pneumonia from the wind.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
God this is so cringey. At some point, even Canes fans have to agree right?

I'm sure their Twitter account is run by that high school guy who couldn't stop talking louder than everyone and making sure people always looked at him doing stupid ape shit. Until the day someone have had enough and smacked his mouth shut.

Reactions: dralaf

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Not at 6.1 million. Whatever superiority he has will be more than offset by the degradation in the players we have to move to accommodate his bloated salary.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Not at 6.1 million. Whatever superiority he has will be more than offset by the degradation in the players we have to move to accommodate his bloated salary.

A bloated salary that materialized completely thanks to our GMs inept decisions last summer and this summer...

Ill conceived offer sheets to other teams rfas + terrible asset/relationship management with in-house rfas created the bloated and never-seen-before offer sheet to JKO.

Bottom line is that we got mediocre compensation for a quality cost-controlled NHL caliber asset in an area of need...

We then paid a premium for a good (maybe very good) C, thats is most likely a short term upgrade... but one that is ~2M more expensive than what we should have signed JKO to... and we continue to lack depth at that vote position.

Inept asset management at its finest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad