Jersey Ads

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Any ad patch that displaces a normal element of the jersey - captain letter, commemorative patch, whatever - shows exactly what the people responsible think of their audience.
The problem is people will still watch regardless. They know they can push these stuff onto jerseys and it won't really impact their bottom line.

Reactions: tucker3434

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
The cup logo being there is fine.

The actual ad on the other side is too small. It needs to be bigger.
In fact, I think it's dumb to have only 1 ad on the jerseys. There's so much empty space on the jersey they could put more ads on to generate more revenue. Throw something underneath the team logo on the front. The upper-arms look bare too. Not sure why the NHL is leaving all this money on the table.

Cip logo patches should only be for the cup winner, IMO. It is the same vein as when a franchise will do a televised banner raising ceremony for a team winning a Division or Conference championship. It's bush league.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Cip logo patches should only be for the cup winner, IMO. It is the same vein as when a franchise will do a televised banner raising ceremony for a team winning a Division or Conference championship. It's bush league.
Cup log patches are on both teams in the finals, that’s the only time. Vegas won’t have them in regular season.

SirJW

Jan 25, 2007
The LA
Kings, Predators and Oil add new helmet and or jersey ads.

Reactions: HBK27

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The problem is people will still watch regardless. They know they can push these stuff onto jerseys and it won't really impact their bottom line.
I don't care too much about ads on jerseys. It does look odd when the color is completely different than what the team uses. Like if Scotiabank sponsors the Leafs. They have no red. Or Rogers sponsors the Oilers who don't have any red.

Once you start selling jerseys with ads on them, I think you have a revolt.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Stop watching/supporting it if you don't like it. 'They' will always keep pushing it further until you learn to push back. We've all got our own breaking point tho.

Pablo El Perro

Oct 10, 2007
We whine about ads and want the cap to go up. When it rises, they should auction that off as the Draft Kings Salary cap or whatever.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX

Damn that’s horrible the ads will be on jerseys sold to fans… may work out for Fanatics though haha!

They’re cheap and may not put ads on jerseys sold to customers to begin with or it shouldn’t be too hard for fans to peel the ads off and have it for a short time before the logo, names and and numbers start to as well.

edit - seriously though if/when my teams authentic jerseys have ads included I’ve bought my last jersey.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Boy do I have news for you…
I know at least some European teams allow you to choose whether you want to have the ads in the jersey or not when buying them. NHL will eventually have ad filled jerseys too, I wonder if they'll give you that option then as well.

Bowski

Taking out the trash.
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Curious what will be the first "less than reputable" advertiser on the jerseys like Lebron's CCP sponsorship, and if anyone will give a damn like they didn't in the NBA.

Reactions: DaveG

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Curious what will be the first "less than reputable" advertiser on the jerseys like Lebron's CCP sponsorship, and if anyone will give a damn like they didn't in the NBA.
The Leafs 'Tiktok' adverts already crossed that line. Only the 'Global Techno-cratic' world matters now. Toronto sweater adverts will move from 'Milk', to 'Aspire Food Group', to Soylent Green so seamlessly you won't even notice. Perfection.👌

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Take it to a tailor and have it removed.
Only cheap Chinese knock-offs are lacking the Official™ team sponsor patches. You're not buying/wearing obviously fake fabrications, are you? At this point I'd be embarrassed to show up to the arena without a sponsor patch.

• Haha
Reactions: zeeto

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I would get it removed and replace it with a badge mocking something I didn't like about the team.

As a Canucks fan maybe a Frankie Blueberry or Bruce there it is patch. Try to design it to look like the patch that was removed. Could be used for some good laughs.

Reactions: SirJW

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Funny how all these teams are so generous yet they never reduce ticket prices, even during a down economy. These teams will do anything for a buck, which is why there's logos slapped all over the ice, boards, and even the glass now on TV. Sorry, but it's a disgrace. The team lost some money during Covid? Guess what: everyone on the planet lost money. Instead of clearing 23 mil in revenue you clear 16 mil for a couple years. There's not one NHL owner missing a meal. Soon logos will be everywhere like the clubs in Europe. It's a joke.

It’s a union contract, I thought people loved that shit.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
It looks like crap but the nhl would put a big turd in the centre ice for the right price.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the Stanley cup gets a big ole TD bank logo on the bottom of it in our lifetime

That is when the Trustees should rightfully take back the cup.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Oh, so as soon as they recover their losses, the ads will go away, right?
Why should they go away? If it bothers you that much then don’t watch.
I’m thinking the players 100% support this. It’s a revenue stream that for “normal” people has ZERO impact toward the on ice product or flow product of the game. Players and owners share 50/50 in such.

I thought it would bother me before all the ads happened but it really doesn’t. I’ve been going to or watching televised games since the late 60’s. Unless someone brings it up I don’t even notice the shoulder/chest patches, helmet stickers or board ads.
If it is distracting to you try concentrating on the puck more.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
There is nothing remotely special about doing business with China. The great majority of all businesses in America do business with China in some way. Just about every sponsor logo you'll find on a jersey is a company who does a lot of business with China.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Stop watching/supporting it if you don't like it. 'They' will always keep pushing it further until you learn to push back. We've all got our own breaking point tho.

Walking away isn't the answer. People need to boo their GM, Owner and bring signs to the arena that call out this travesty. Even in public, Owners should be made to feel uncomfortable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad